U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:04 PM

45,246 posts, read 94,065,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressedKid View Post
No I can't. I've almost tried everything and it failed. Satan just doesn't want me to have a good life.
Satan has nothing to do with it and you are being your own worst enemy by believing that or that "you can't".

You've obviously been dealt a bad hand, but it's the only hand you've got. Time to exit the pity party and get back to the job of living your life - you are the only one who can.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 07:28 PM

32 posts, read 41,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Satan has nothing to do with it and you are being your own worst enemy by believing that or that "you can't".
How can I be my own worst enemy? That is not possible.

I know exactly who oppresses me and prevents me from having what I want. He is called the Devil. The Devil messed up something in my body (or my brain) and made me sick, horny and disabled.

He is called the Devil for a reason and he is just too powerful for me to fight.

Last edited by DepressedKid; 11-26-2011 at 08:07 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 08:13 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,039,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Just think of the STD's you havent acquired as a result of treating your sexuality in a responsible manner (and so far) treating this area of your life under Gods protection for you .
How ideal. I guess you can put a spin on an awkward situation somehow, with the help of God...

You can be miserable married, happy married.. miserable single, or happy single. I think it's a fine balance.

Anyways, if you're not worried - why lie to your mom?

"How can I be my own worst enemy? Sorry but that is not possible."

1.) Taking certain actions, resulting in you getting into trouble
2.) Thinking too hard about something leading to 1
3.) I don't believe in "the devil", but if it's the devil or your dad, allowing someone or something to define you. Also, allowing something or someone to 'beat you'.
3a.) Read below

What a cop out to blame your flawed values on someone or something (I don't believe in whatever you believe in, sorry). Your username, "DepressedKid", only alludes to the fact that you seek attention and desire a response to your otherwise futile situation (as you see it). Get off this forum. It isn't for the weak willed, undetermined, or attention-seekers. Do something with yourself and maybe next time you won't have a username that is so pathetic.

(caveat: I am not religious)

Genesis 2:18 -- “It is not good for the man to be alone: I will make him a helper suitable for him.”

"Drink water from your own cistern, And fresh water from your own well. 16 Should your springs be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets? 17 Let them be yours alone, And not for strangers with you. 18 Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice in the wife of your youth. 19 As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love (Proverbs 5:15-19)."

7, 6:9 "6 But this I say by way of concession, not of command. 7 Yet72 I wish that all men were even as I myself am. However, each man has his own gift from God, one in this manner, and another in that. 8 But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. 9 But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn."

Old 11-26-2011, 08:17 PM

P.S., Devil is just a word we prescribe meaning to. I think the proper term anyways is Satan or Lucifer. Also, if the Devil is capable of dealing you a bad hand, shouldn't God help you out? Or, does it not work that way?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:15 PM

Well, I guess I won.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 PM

61,053 posts, read 52,491,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The difference between you and our OP is, you admit you WANT a woman in your life

Try not to be too bothered by not having a girlfriend yet - you're still plenty young enough to meet someone.

And remember, when you want something badly enough you find a way to make it happen. So keep working on figuring this out! Maybe even consider in investing in a few sessions with a life coach to get you on the right track to attract more woman to you
At this point, I can't worry about getting a girlfriend much. I have nothing to lose by admitting I want a girlfriend. I want to be loved. I want to love someone. I think about some things like having someone to watch PBS with on a Sunday night, or someone to be with when the day has been a dreaded one.

I have tried to make a way for things to happen. I've decided to take some more initiative. I keep getting advice that if I want to get a girlfriend, I have to be the one to make the move, that I have to be the one to do things, to make the phone calls.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:20 PM

Let's all float on the raft of pathetic in a sea of reaffirming comments of "you're not a bad person".

NOT.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:42 AM

24,661 posts, read 36,281,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Who cares if youre still a virgin. If it does not bother you, damn what everyone else thinks, its your life to live, not theirs.

That being said If you choose to loose your virginity, remember this:

Cost of Flight from your home town to vegas for a week end -300 dollars
Cost for room and board -300 dollars
Cost for food and entertainment 300 dollars
Gambling money -300 dollars
Trip to the Bunny Ranch-300 dollars

Dying knowing you did not miss out-Pricelesss

For the record I have never paid for sex, but a good friend of mine did, and it changed him. He was not good looking and after Vegas his confidence went through the roof. Now he does not even need to pay for it.

Does he have a bad booze and cocaine habbit now? Sure... but that is irrelevant and beside the point, he is a changed man.
I'd rather stay a virgin than pick up a booze and cocaine habit. And I LOVE sex.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:07 AM

24,661 posts, read 36,281,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressedKid View Post
How can I be my own worst enemy? That is not possible.

I know exactly who oppresses me and prevents me from having what I want. He is called the Devil. The Devil messed up something in my body (or my brain) and made me sick, horny and disabled.

He is called the Devil for a reason and he is just too powerful for me to fight.
Instead of being scared and intimidated by the Devil, you need to look to God for the strength to kick his behind.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 AM

45,246 posts, read 94,065,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Instead of being scared and intimidated by the Devil, you need to look to God for the strength to kick his behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships