Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 05:25 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
Hi all, I've been following these boards for some time know.

Like the title says, I'm a 35 year old guy and I'm still a virgin. I never kissed a woman before as well and certainly never had a girlfriend.

Throughout my teens and university years I was always too focused on my studies because I had a hard time getting my degree. My social life suffered a lot thanks fo this, but I would got out once in a while, had my fair share of booze but my contacts with women were always very shallow. A nice chat and a few smiles at most.

Most of my friends at the time were going through so many rough things with their girlfriends that I thought it was better to stay away from the whole scenario.

Apart from this, I never saw myself as good looking and I'm prety much average on the rest: intelligence, personality etc. If any woman ever had an interest in me she certainly never showed it.

After university came work and the first years were pure madness, I worked like 11 hours a day. I used to put extra hours for others because 'I was young and single', so I had time.

I'm 35 now and I'm pretty much settled in my life. I have my own house, two cars and go abroad as much as possible. I usually come home tired at the end of the day, I have a rough play with my dog, try some stuff from Nigella Lawson's books or simply go to sleep if I feel like to.

And I keep being the best man at a number of weddings. At weekends, since I don't have many single friends left, there's not much of a social life. I usually put my time into the book I'm writing.

I'd like to have children but when I think better I would be an awful father and I couldn't bring someone to suffer in this world. I don't want to be like my father, who had major anger issues (I've inherited that unfortunately) and should have never got married or had children. Only my mother knows what she went through with him.

Unless I lose my job, my life path is very much defined. Is it normal NOT to bother about this? Am I a freak specimen?
Why such a major bump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 05:55 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
Does it really matter if someone bumps an old message thread?
Yes it does matter

Quote:
...it is encouraged by city data anyway.
It is "encouraged" by the owners of the forum who benefit financially by click bait...
Are you one of the owners?

It is NOT encouraged by the users.
Actual users with rather few exceptions see it as annoying and distracting.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:00 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
The annoying thing about the bumping of old threads is when someone replies to them and responds to posts that are years old, which are more often than not, by posters who haven't even been on in years themselves. And many times, the person bumping the thread is replying as if they aren't even aware that the thread is years old and the people they're replying to haven't even logged on in 3 or 8 years or whatever.
And it buries recent, and more important topics from users who actually are still active.

There should be infractions given to members who bump threads any older than 1 year -being generous.

My only reply, since it adds to the problem, but just anted to answer the poster who wonders why it's a problem

Old 02-14-2017, 06:09 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdvice View Post
You are FINE! There is NOTHING wrong with you! Don't compare yourself to others! While being a virgin at 35 is not the 'norm', it is only a big deal if you make it a big deal. You were busy with other matters in your 20's and so you are getting a late start. You will meet a woman when the time is right. Just think: you are saving yourself a lot of grief with the heartbreak associated with relationships. A LOT of men out there are just like you. They are late bloomers and it just does not matter. Enjoy your life now, join a dating site, let people know you are looking and you will attract a woman when you relax about this I understand your concern...but it's one worry you don't need to spend energy on. Believe me!
You joined, just to bump a 7-yr-old thread?

Old 02-14-2017, 08:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Why is it if someone has never dated then people automatically assume something is wrong with you?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:24 PM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
I know there are many women around but I don't think you could say I ever tried to get one, I don't even how that's done or how you start a conversation without looking ridiculous or sound boring.
35 years old and you never kissed anyone? You've never had a girlfriend? You're a virgin! Holy crap how does that work out for you? The virgin Part, I can see. Though you never kissed or had a girlfriend??? That must be some sort of world record! I see you are having troubles on how to start conversations with women. I don't know if they are similar, but here is the main focus when I start a chat with a 20-25 year old.

When you are starting a conversation, your main goal is to make the opposing sex want to talk to you more. Whenever she smiles by something you say, its a sign you have something in common. That's about it really. Women really enjoy my passion, yet my dic*ness. Really, my personality. I can am described as fun to be around and having no humility, yet full of care for others around me.

Don't worry about sounding boring dude. You better go really deep and give it your all, only thing you got to lose is one of the highlights of your life

Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 PM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Damn this thread is 7 years old. I want an update.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
35 years old and you never kissed anyone? You've never had a girlfriend? You're a virgin! Holy crap how does that work out for you? The virgin Part, I can see. Though you never kissed or had a girlfriend??? That must be some sort of world record! I see you are having troubles on how to start conversations with women. I don't know if they are similar, but here is the main focus when I start a chat with a 20-25 year old.

When you are starting a conversation, your main goal is to make the opposing sex want to talk to you more. Whenever she smiles by something you say, its a sign you have something in common. That's about it really. Women really enjoy my passion, yet my dic*ness. Really, my personality. I can am described as fun to be around and having no humility, yet full of care for others around me.

Don't worry about sounding boring dude. You better go really deep and give it your all, only thing you got to lose is one of the highlights of your life
Japan has lots of them

Old 02-14-2017, 10:12 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,193,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Yes it does matter

No. It does not.

It is actively encouraged by city data as stated below

Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,021 times
A virgin thread without pics? Ughhh..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships