Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 PM

30 posts, read 84,294 times

Advertisements

Here is a question for the guys on guy mentality:

If a guy asked me out, and I have no idea if the date went well or not (some fun moments, many awkward ones), but the most awkward moment was the end when he stopped at my house and was immediately like "fun hanging out see you around" so I thought that just meant bye never going to call so I said "fun hanging out drive safely" really fast and practically ran out the car (awkward, I know).
So I was expecting never to hear from the guy again, but three days later he sends me a funny vid and we talk a little online, but then he becomes less responsive.
There were a few times before where he brought up that he felt like I didn't like him very much (but I'm just shy).
So now I am confused, is he not making a move because he thinks I don't like him and should I make the move and nonchalantly ask if he wants to hang out sometime, or is this always a turn off for guys and the only thing I can do is see if he will make a move?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,028,430 times
My mother always said that everyone loves a compliment. Try that.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:49 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,258 times
You have no choice but to make a move if you're interested in something more. You may be genuinely shy, but he thinks you're not interested. Acting aloof(whether intentionally or not) does not work if you're female.

If you're interested, you're going to have to make some type of move.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:14 PM

44,338 posts, read 20,036,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
You have no choice but to make a move if you're interested in something more. You may be genuinely shy, but he thinks you're not interested. Acting aloof(whether intentionally or not) does not work if you're female.

If you're interested, you're going to have to make some type of move.
This ^ . Good luck to you!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Tell him you like him. You want to hang out. Call him. LET HIM KNOW!!!

I myself like to know if a guy is interested or not. Not many like guessing games. You have to overcome the fear.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,461,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalia View Post

So now I am confused, is he not making a move because he thinks I don't like him and should I make the move and nonchalantly ask if he wants to hang out sometime, or is this always a turn off for guys and the only thing I can do is see if he will make a move?

TIA
I see no problem with doing this. His response will be indicative of where the 'relationship' is going. This will answer the question in red and I definitely would not suggest doing the option in green.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,844,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Tell him you like him. You want to hang out. Call him. LET HIM KNOW!!!

I myself like to know if a guy is interested or not. Not many like guessing games. You have to overcome the fear.
I agree. When I was still dating, I would almost always ask a guy out ( including my husband now ). Many times, I actually found that guys were actually shy and afraid of rejection, so they didn't want to ask me out, but loved it when I asked them out. Good Luck!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 PM

30 posts, read 84,294 times
thanks guys! didn't know there would be such a consensus on this

Old 11-28-2011, 05:54 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
I agree. When I was still dating, I would almost always ask a guy out ( including my husband now ). Many times, I actually found that guys were actually shy and afraid of rejection, so they didn't want to ask me out, but loved it when I asked them out. Good Luck!!!
I'm by no means shy and I go after women, but IS nice to not have to always initiate, I always think its cool if a girl asks me out!!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,528,594 times
There's no telling how many potential relationships have fizzled before even starting because of this sort of thing. The end of just about every first date(and usually first few dates) is a bit awkward. You don't really know the person yet and you have no idea whether they really like you or not. I think the few days after the first date is more awkward than the lead up to the date and the date itself.

If I was the guy and was interested in you I would be so relieved if you were to make the next move. Guys have to strike a fine balance to show interest without appearing desperate or in a rush to get into a relationship. That being said, a lot of guys expect women to meet them halfway and give an indication that they are interested. Being the pursuer 99% of the time is no fun and most guys will not tolerate it nowadays when there are plenty of women willing to do at least some of the pursuing. You don't have to take the lead in the relationship but you should try being an active participant in it. Guys want companions, not pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships