Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 09:19 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I don't agree with that. I'm relatively reserved and quiet, but I am, if nothing else, very confident. Other people recognize that about me, so I think you have to consider the source when you're having allegations of "issues" thrown about.
You're probably considered the "strong silent type", hence still desirable by women in the confidence category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 11:07 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,015,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
You're probably considered the "strong silent type", hence still desirable by women in the confidence category.
I'm a female. But if other women desire me, I can dig it.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,889,988 times
Quote:
Cool, well in that case you're good to go regardless, since confidence isn't really a major requirement for most men.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,586,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Take your pick, you can blame instinct / evolution or you can blame society.

Example 1: Society puts the ambitious provider male on a pedastal. The confident man displays the typical signs that fit this mold even if he isn't actually successful. This answers your question of "what practical use does confidence have?"

Example 2: The caveman who steps up to fight the beast and other caveman is the best suitor for the cavewoman who wants protection. This is a "law of the jungle" scenario of practical use of confidence.

At the end of the day, most women will choose personal security and financial stability in their mate. A confident man can provide these (or at least the illusion of such) without hesitation.
But that's just being a responsible random dude. Like 95% of guys have jobs, but 95% of guys aren't considered very "confident".

I for example have both a job and am doing well on my way towards an engineering degree, that doesn't make me seem confident.

In the case of fighting the beast, that's bravery(or good excitement/fun?)and if the beast is there to attack you the choice of going and knit a sweater or whatever isn't there; u fight the beast and end up with a meal or as a meal. I don't see how confidence plays in to that.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:43 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
If these kind of things make you that angry it might not be a bad idea to see a therapist.

A lot of men like women who are confident
I use to find young confident women attractive, but over time I realized that these women were not really confident, but actually very arrogant and condescending.

Sure, there are women who are confident (in a mature way) but they're usually over 40+ years of age.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:00 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
women find in a guy, man? it just really pisses me off, why are girls,women, hard-wired, instinctively programmed to be attracted to guys, men with confidence?
It just really ****in' pisses me off, it just makes me wish I could beat up a girl's boyfriend out of anger, jealousy and frustration

You know why? Because a guy who is very confident is most likely in charge of something significant (i.e.,other men, businesses) and he's probably a natural LEADER which then usually results in earning a good living.

You see, when women are looking for a mate, they have to have a way of sorting men out from the highly successful males to the low status males, and one way, as I just said, is to observe how men carry themselves because it ruffly indicates how well he is doing in life.

Also, women like to feel safe, and a confident guy who is not afraid of anything makes her feel safe because she knows he will not back down if he needs to protect her.

Anyhow, no reason to get mad bro because you have two options:

1. FAKE the confidence to get the girls you want.

2. Realize that there are plenty of women who like (and WANT!) the laid back, quiet, shy guys. Those type of girls are bookworms, they work in museums, they are female scientists, and generally they are the more refined and sophisticated women in society.

Last edited by calicali01; 01-02-2012 at 03:13 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 03:05 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,434,323 times
Quote:
women find in a guy, man? it just really pisses me off, why are girls,women, hard-wired, instinctively programmed to be attracted to guys, men with confidence?
It just really ****in' pisses me off, it just makes me wish I could beat up a girl's boyfriend out of anger, jealousy and frustration
Judging by this rant your username comes across as rather ironic.

The truth is that, whether we like it or not, women tend to look up to their ideal man as something of a "protector" or "provider". A man who is low on self confidence can hardly protect or provide for anyone.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM

37,652 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
Yeah women always get to have the final say in who they want to date
First time I've read through this thread since the OP was so silly. But this post just really illustrates the foolishness. So, OP, exactly WHO is it that should have the final say in who a woman wants to date?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:45 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,796,770 times
Quote:
I'll bite even though I think you're trolling us.

Answer: Because no one likes a whiney little bytch with an inferiority complex who feels sorry for himself. Get your chin off your chest, grow some balls, and fix yourself.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,749,779 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships