Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM

474 posts, read 495,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't know about that.

Back in the day, Henry Kissinger, not at all handsome, dated a lot of really pretty and successful women. He said something to the effect that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Men seem to be visual, physical, direct. In women, though, the mind is the primary sex organ.
We are talking about normal, everyday people here not rich politicians, sportsmen, movie stars, businessmen etc etc. All the above mentioned have more than sufficient amount of money and fame to compensate for whatever physical attributes they are lacking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 02:54 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
We are talking about normal, everyday people here not rich politicians, sportsmen, movie stars, businessmen etc etc. All the above mentioned have more than sufficient amount of money and fame to compensate for whatever physical attributes they are lacking.
We are talking, here, about power and confidence. What, do you relate to the local drug lord as a symbol of power and getting women?
That works, too.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 PM

86 posts, read 99,369 times
Because women have an idealised man in their minds which they got from romance novels and movies that almost no man can live up to. This is why good men are cast aside while the beaters and cheaters have as many women as they want. I will not play this idiotic game which would cost me my dignity. Let others of my gender jump through all the hoops set by women for their own entertainment. It is a shame that women and men cannot accept each other as the flawed and faulty human beings we are. If this means I spend my life alone so be it. What other choice is there?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:40 AM

474 posts, read 495,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
Because women have an idealised man in their minds which they got from romance novels and movies that almost no man can live up to. This is why good men are cast aside while the beaters and cheaters have as many women as they want. I will not play this idiotic game which would cost me my dignity. Let others of my gender jump through all the hoops set by women for their own entertainment. It is a shame that women and men cannot accept each other as the flawed and faulty human beings we are. If this means I spend my life alone so be it. What other choice is there?
Yes it's better to spend life alone now a days than to put up with all the nagging and bitchiness that comes along in a lot of relationships. If you have money, it won't be that big of a deal if you maintain somewhat flashy lifestyle to find someone that can just be a partner in a live in relationship. Marriage these days hardly makes any sense, unless you have a desire to *********rselves and end up broke and miserable. Don't fall for marriage, it's an outdated concept that has no merit left anymore in it with the exploding divorce rates we see these days.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:24 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
It's because many women are actually not 'physically attracted to men'...

They get off on social prestige, being considered 'important' because they are with an important man who commands the respect of other males and has the power to have a harem, if he wants one. They also want someone to treat them as both a princess and a sex object. That's why it's easy for some women to just 'switch' into being lesbians. Their sexual focus is on themselves, which is how nature wired them. Sadly, a lot of purported female lust for men is actually a cultural thing. Or else women would naturally say that men are sexier than other women.

Why do most female animals seem not that interested in males? The male will do the deed, and the female will just run off. Her main role becomes the raising of the offspring.

I not sure I believe half what I just wrote, I guess it's a radical theory. Please tell me your experience says otherwise, from the bottom of your heart.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
thats bull****, have you ever heard of the nice-guy finishing last arguments, discussions? that topic has been beaten to death many times, the bad-boy, jerk, ******* always gets the girl meanwhile the nice-guy finishes last, and fighting would show them i am no longer a nice-guy
How cliched.

Self-proclaimed 'nice guys' finish last. Genuinely nice guys who don't use nice as a euphemism for 'wimpy' get the girl and keep her.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I agree pretty brutlaly honest assesment..

It's all about looks first if you dont pass that test as a man no amount of confidence will change a womens mind..

A ugly confident guy will be called a creep or cocky a good looking one will be called confident or charming..
I'm a man but I disagree. That might be the case maybe 60% of the time, but short, fat, bald, ugly men actually do get chicks more often than you'd think.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
beating up a girl's boyfriend will show that I have a grown set of balls
So you can claim her, like a doe? Prove you're the dominant male?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Take your pick, you can blame instinct / evolution or you can blame society.

Example 1: Society puts the ambitious provider male on a pedastal. The confident man displays the typical signs that fit this mold even if he isn't actually successful. This answers your question of "what practical use does confidence have?"

Example 2: The caveman who steps up to fight the beast and other caveman is the best suitor for the cavewoman who wants protection. This is a "law of the jungle" scenario of practical use of confidence.

At the end of the day, most women will choose personal security and financial stability in their mate. A confident man can provide these (or at least the illusion of such) without hesitation.
Best post so far. Confidence is about being the alpha-male, or a 'real man'. That's all there is too it.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:30 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
Well, a lot of men get some super idealized idea of women by models and magazines such as Playboy and Penthouse.

I guess there are enough fat ill postured and frumpy women to spread around all those guys who don't groom properly, have no ambition to move up in the world, etc.

You just have to get a picture in your mind of the woman you would like and figure out how you have to change to get her. She's doing the same, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships