Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:37 PM

219 posts, read 333,859 times

Advertisements

When I was younger I always wanted a houseful of kids to love when I got married. And now with the dh I have him and I only have one together and I don't want anymore with him. So I'm not having anymore and I'm beginning to get sad and depressed. He's a good father but not a good provider, and I refuse to support my kids and him for the rest of my life.

So as much as I don't want to say this. But sadly I'm done having kids.

Last edited by luvmykids08_10; 11-21-2011 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 07:42 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,355,992 times
umm, i'm Could you edit your post so it can be easily understood or can someone please interpret it to me...?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Aww this is sad, but I understand. Children are costly.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
umm, i'm Could you edit your post so it can be easily understood or can someone please interpret it to me...?
Her husband has a crappy job. She supports kiddo and husband. She is depressed because she wants another, but due to expenses she isn't.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:48 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,963,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
When I was younger I always wanted a houseful of kids to love when I got married. And now with the dh I have him and I only have one together and I don't want anymore with him. So I'm not having anymore and I'm beginning to get sad and depressed. He's a good father but not a good provider, and I refuse to support m kids and him for the rest of my life.

Good for you, to use your head in this matter.
Have you thought of leaving him?
Is he really lacking ambition at work, or cannot hold a job, or what?
I mean, if you want to stay with him, can he be retrained?

My husband and I elected not to have children. We are now living very well in retirement while others we worked with are still struggling. My ex manager and his wife did the same.

Having kids is not just about love - or rather 'love' should include saving for their education in an increasingly competitive environment, and 'love' should not find you possibly crippled from arthritis and in pain and still trying to work, maybe being let go because of it.

When in doubt do not have more, better safe than sorry.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:49 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,355,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Her husband has a crappy job. She supports kiddo and husband. She is depressed because she wants another, but due to expenses she isn't.
oh okay, thanks.....

@OP - the only line that stands out to me is the one about "refusing to support him and the kids." Were you not aware of his financial situation before getting hitched? Why is this suddenly a revelation?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,630 times
i think shes asking me to have her babies

Old 11-21-2011, 08:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
When I was younger I always wanted a houseful of kids to love when I got married. And now with the dh I have him and I only have one together and I don't want anymore with him. So I'm not having anymore and I'm beginning to get sad and depressed. He's a good father but not a good provider, and I refuse to support my kids and him for the rest of my life.

It's never a good idea to have kids with someone you don't respect.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 PM

219 posts, read 333,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
oh okay, thanks.....

@OP - the only line that stands out to me is the one about "refusing to support him and the kids." Were you not aware of his financial situation before getting hitched? Why is this suddenly a revelation?
He didn't change till AFTER we said "I do". We we're both working and saving and then we got married, I got a better paying job, and he started doing things to intentionally get him fired. He wont work a full-time job.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i think shes asking me to have her babies
I think that must be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships