Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM

7 posts, read 5,140 times

Advertisements

So this woman divorced her husband when

1.the husband was gambling behind her back and took over $10,000 from their joint bank account and lost it.( they both make over 100k a year, )

2. their daughter was just 1 year old.

3. the husband was very well in love with her, had treated her well, and was a devoting father. He begged her not to leave and promised he would change.( he did, he's never been a regular gambler)

4. she was the one wearing pants in the family.

She insisted on divorcing him, the husband was devistated. Shortly after the divorce, she started dating some guy seriouly that she met while still married.

What is your input about the situation and the woman? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 09:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,749,320 times
Um what do you want? She was pissed at him for wasting the money. They were getting a divorce and she found a man. Many do this.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Um what do you want? She was pissed at him for wasting the money. They were getting a divorce and she found a man. Many do this.
I don't think too many women will divorce the husband when there's one not-so-major-thing going wrong.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM

479 posts, read 834,037 times
It's like watching an episode of dumb and dumber.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
It's like watching an episode of dumb and dumber.
??

Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,487,680 times
She divorced him, her choice and free to start a new relationship.

The devastated ex could throw a different spin here but they'd only be assumptions.

Gambling joint funds without her knowledge may have been the last straw, theres always two sides to the story.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 PM

663 posts, read 1,079,968 times
To each his own. It's ok to spend/waste $10K on gambling but not ok for her to not tolerate it? If my DH wasted that kind of money I'd be highly (extremely) doubtful of his self-control. If he could waste that kind of money on gambling, what else might he do if given the opportunity? Everyone makes mistakes but $10K is a decent chunk of change.

That aside, I was raised around every type of addict imaginable so my tolerance for said crap is pretty low. I'm also very money-oriented (call me shallow, at least I'm honest ) because I was intent on not having a life similar to my childhood; I succeeded. No one goes without here and we each have our toys and a very nice home.....$10K on gambling? Not happening on my watch.

How and when she met her new guy, at this point anyway, is none of the ex's business (you must be the now ex-husband?). My DH and I met 18 years ago while we both still legally married to other people and going through divorces. We weren't the cause of each others' divorces, just met during. Maybe the wife in your situation was looking for an excuse to get away from the gambling husband? Personally, the gambling would have been enough for me....and I'd have taken the 1yo with me and not looked back.

What does wearing the pants have to do with this? Is that the excuse for gambling away savings? Wife "wears the pants" so husband asserts his control by wasting hard-earned money? That's a good one....

Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,870,122 times
My guess is that the gambling was just a justification for divorce, not the reason. I'd bet she was already thinking divorce, maybe cause of this other guy. Typically, women and men who sincerely love their spouse will put up with a fair amount of misbehavior before calling it quits.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,224,271 times
I say good for her! I'm sure a huge point that was missing in the OP was the lies that usually accompany that sort of addiction. Stealing money from your wife & infant to gamble? B$!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,541,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiduhanleng View Post
So this woman divorced her husband when

1.the husband was gambling behind her back and took over $10,000 from their joint bank account and lost it.( they both make over 100k a year, )

2. their daughter was just 1 year old.

3. the husband was very well in love with her, had treated her well, and was a devoting father. He begged her not to leave and promised he would change.( he did, he's never been a regular gambler)

4. she was the one wearing pants in the family.

She insisted on divorcing him, the husband was devistated. Shortly after the divorce, she started dating some guy seriouly that she met while still married.

What is your input about the situation and the woman? Thanks!
It doesn't sound like she had much of a marriage or wanted to forgive him for gambling when she was cheating on him.

Poor child though. I hope that now that the parents are divorced they'll put rancor aside and do what's best for the child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships