Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,042 times

Advertisements

Trust imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 02:29 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,187,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Just what I saw from my parents, and my own experiences. You could also add in what I saw of friends' relationships, too.

From my experience, it seems that all the relationships that failed, failed because me, or the other, wanted to change something about the other, that in retrospect, seems rather trivial. How can you respect someone who is trying to change you? And it seems that the relationships that were successful (yes, I consider some relationships that ended to have been successful if they ended on a positive note) were successful because there was an understanding and acceptance of who the other person was, and who that person was okay.

We all make the choice to be with someone, despite the moments where it seemed like destiny, fate, "meant to be", etc. Some people do change dramatically over the course of a relationship, but for the most part, you really get a good grasp of who the other person is after a month or so. It just baffles my mind that often times, by my observations, the person you "knew" in the beginning was somehow good enough to fall in love with, yet that same person is somehow in need of change later on down the road.
Well, it seems that there are two issues. People change or people want to change the person they fell in love with.

Maybe they changed their minds about what they wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships