Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, do you feel "threatened" by sexy women?
Yes, Always 5 9.80%
No, Never 24 47.06%
Sometimes 11 21.57%
Other 4 7.84%
View 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:45 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Wow. For once I agree with Lao!
LOL. All those secret rep points you gave me over the years says otherwise. Oh, you wanted me to keep it a secret?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 10:47 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Don't think for one minute that men don't demonstrate this sort of behavior as well. If a good looking, well dressed guy who is built like a Greek god enters a room, whether it's a bar, a party, or in the workplace, you can bet there's a bunch of dudes either inwardly or outwarding referring to him as a pretty-boy or a douchebag simply based on his appearance. They're intimidated and don't like that he's now getting the lion's share of the attention from other women. Men like to mark their territory every bit as much if not more than women.

This is an example of human behavior. The only difference is, I think men are better at concealing these insecurities while women seem to show it on the surface more.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:53 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. All those secret rep points you gave me over the years says otherwise. Oh, you wanted me to keep it a secret?
Dang! Outed!!

Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
I'll notice when someone is inappropriately dressed for a specific occasion, like wearing a tight, revealing dress like the one in the photo to a funeral or Disneyland. And sure, I might roll my eyes, like, "What is she thinking? This isn't a night club."

It's no different than a man wearing a muscle shirt to a wedding, though. I'd be just as quick to roll my eyes at him, too. There's a time and place for certain attire.

But threatened? Nah. More like wondering whether people ever look in the mirror and consider their destination before they leave the house.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:17 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Honestly, women need to stop basing their self-esteem so much on looks. It's a turnoff.

Agreed 100%.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:50 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Don't think for one minute that men don't demonstrate this sort of behavior as well. If a good looking, well dressed guy who is built like a Greek god enters a room, whether it's a bar, a party, or in the workplace, you can bet there's a bunch of dudes either inwardly or outwarding referring to him as a pretty-boy or a douchebag simply based on his appearance. They're intimidated and don't like that he's now getting the lion's share of the attention from other women. Men like to mark their territory every bit as much if not more than women.

This is an example of human behavior. The only difference is, I think men are better at concealing these insecurities while women seem to show it on the surface more.
Oh definitely, that's why all those teenage boys are hating on the beebs lol jk. But yeah, I agree.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoTheNut View Post
When I was in school, two of my friends were really beautiful women. I befriended them because I felt sorry for them. They barely had any female friends and got a lot of hostility from women.

Of course, when I started hanging out with them, I understood why other women shunned them. Around them, I got no, none, zero, zilch attention from guys. All the focus was on them! Some guys would talk to me as a way to get to my friends! It was hard on my ego. Not only were they beautiful but they were also intelligent. Ouch! But they were good people and good friends.

I also saw first hand that they had problems like everyone else. On top of that, they had to deal with female aggression, constant male attention, and relationship problems with men using them for sex or an ego boost or too shy to commit feeling not good enough to be with a beautiful girl.

So, mostly when I see a beautiful, sexy woman, I do feel a tinge of jealousy but what I feel more is that I am looking a human being, who hasn't done anything to earn my hate. There have been times when I have gotten really jealous. Instead of lashing out, I just asked myself why I was feeling such negative emotions. It was usually because I felt vulnerable and less than and overly focused on my flaws. Then I asked myself whether being as beautiful as that woman would solve my problem. Remembering the experiences of my two beautiful friends, the answer is no.
Yeah that definitely can be a reason. Since I'm male I never experienced the whole dynamic of female-female friendships, especially in high school (hopefully things do change a bit after that! lol) but it's human nature too. I think it's more common for women to hate other women who are attractive etc since it is the man who still tends to pursue women, there is bound to be jealousy. We're animals, and like all animals we're competitive creatures. Humans are really pretty predictable at the end of the day, men and women.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Sometimes I like to go out and wear a nice pair of jeans, my favorite black pumps and a rather low cut sweater. Do I get dirty looks from some women? Sure. I find i get more compliments though, especially from women. I think a lot of it is how you act. If you're dressed 'sexy' and then start drinking and acting like a tramp then I'd probably start rolling my eyes as well. If you're calm, collected and have a confident air, I find women will warm up to you quickly.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:03 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
It has never bothered me...I sometimes feel sorry for older women when they are dressed all Cache(expensive hooker looking clothes store)trying to fight the hands of time!! On young girls the mother in me comes out and thinks "Do you girls know how many perverts there are out here?"!Otherwise if the woman can pull it off and is not acting crazy sexual what do I care?

Old 11-25-2011, 07:12 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,643 times
The answer is yes. I can;t stand when other woman dress or look better or sexier than I do. Almost wish they were dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships