Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

I just cannot fathom, how people can go out shopping on Black Friday, and get into fights, where they actually hurt other people, I mean, what is wrong with people? Can't help but shake my head in disgrace and embarrassment for the human race? We call ourselves humans and yet act like animals.
There was a woman who shot off Pepper spray, another woman went balistic in a mall beauty shop and hurt other women? I just don't get how our society can be so shamefully inhuman?

This is a total lack of intellegence, on the part of these people, who are raised without morals, and so self imposed they would hurt others to obtain? Very sad!

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,646 times
In my life I've found that almost every single shopaholic I've ever known has major holes in their lives that they fill with shopping. The actual act of buying something is a rush for them and is a substitute, usually for sex. I'm not talking about casual shoppers, I'm talking the people who start their Black Friday shopping at 12:01 am.

Same with food. Haven't you ever noticed that most fat people who eat maniacally also never have sex and use food as a substitute? (Sorry for going off topic there).

In any case, who would stand in long lines, fight traffic, deal with throngs of people in order to get "a deal?" Whatever floats your boat, but you'd think most people would simply buy the same item on line from the comfort of their own home. Is saving a couple bucks really all that?

Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
I find it silly that people camp out for shopping for a holiday that has turned into pure chaos. Christmas has lost what it is really about. Stores started advertising before Halloween. My wife always wonders why I dislike this holiday. Too much stress. To me Thanksgiving is the best holiday. We get to cook, drink and watch football. No stress. The only good thing about Christmas is the excitement it brings to my four year old daughter. The woman that pepper sprayed others should be locked up. That was totally premeditated. She did this in front of her kids, that is what I read. I am watching the news now and they are not helping. They are covering it as a headline.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:37 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I find it silly that people camp out for shopping for a holiday that has turned into pure chaos. Christmas has lost what it is really about. Stores started advertising before Halloween. My wife always wonders why I dislike this holiday. Too much stress. To me Thanksgiving is the best holiday. We get to cook, drink and watch football. No stress. The only good thing about Christmas is the excitement it brings to my four year old daughter. The woman that pepper sprayed others should be locked up. That was totally premeditated. She did this in front of her kids, that is what I read. I am watching the news now and they are not helping. They are covering it as a headline.
Someone got shot in North Carolina over Black Friday this morning. That was just dumb.

I'm doing all my shopping online. People wonder why I hate Christmas. It is a total materialistic fest where the value of you as a person is what you can purchase.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:41 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I just cannot fathom, how people can go out shopping on Black Friday, and get into fights, where they actually hurt other people, I mean, what is wrong with people? Can't help but shake my head in disgrace and embarrassment for the human race? We call ourselves humans and yet act like animals.
There was a woman who shot off Pepper spray, another woman went balistic in a mall beauty shop and hurt other women? I just don't get how our society can be so shamefully inhuman?

This is a total lack of intellegence, on the part of these people, who are raised without morals, and so self imposed they would hurt others to obtain? Very sad!

What are your thoughts?
Caused by a lack of compassion for their fellow human brothers and sisters perhaps?

Old 11-25-2011, 07:47 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times
Pure madness. I am fortunate that my SO isn't into that lunacy cos I certainly am not.

And these people who are shooting off guns and pepper spray... mental cases. They need to be arrested and locked up.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:31 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
The combination of a feeding frenzy and the herd mentality makes not a pretty situation. And so many humans consider themselves so superior to animals ...

It's not as if all these people are camping out en masse to buy basic necessities. Most of them are out to purchase such as flat-screen TVs to replace their existing sets which work just fine and ridiculously overpriced toys. In one news story I read, a man was thrilled to death with his toy purchases totaling over $400 (a savings of $200) for his not-quite-yet TWO YEAR OLD! Good grief. I think people lose their minds at this time of the year ...

Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,869 times
I just don't get the hype...there was a line outside my local Target and I just shook my head...I am too old to fight people over a few dollars worth of "savings".....I've never done this shopping before and I have no intentions of doing it ever in my life.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:36 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,875 times
people are animals

Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
people are animals
Most of the animals I care for and know are better-behaved in herd situations than some of these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships