Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times

Advertisements

Love the surprise twist haha:

Quote:
DEAR AMY: Three years ago when I started dating my husband, I asked him about kids and he said, "I could never have kids." Then I asked about what would happen if I got pregnant, and he said we would raise the child together.
Quote:
I knew it was wrong, but I would accidentally-on-purpose skip days of my birth control, eventually ceasing to take the pills at all. I knew that if we had a child, my husband would grow to love it. The problem was that, after months of this, I never conceived.
And then:

Quote:
I discovered that he had a vasectomy a year before we met!

Gotta love how it was ok for her to decieve, but once the tables turned.. "oh no you dinnit!" Turnabout is fair play.

Oops -- husband forgot to disclose vasectomy | Life | Toronto Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 05:09 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Hah. Two dishonest people married to one another. It's like a modern-day O. Henry story.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:33 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Should have gotten more detail on "I could never have kids." I could definitely see women trying to pull this switch-up s$&@.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Serves her right.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
The guy was telling the truth, so it's not like she can accuse him of being deceptive.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:11 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,898 times
He should certainly have told his girlfriend/wife about that surgery. However, I don't think one can compare the dishonestly over an undisclosed surgical procedure with the massive dishonesty associated with his wife trying to get pregnant on the sly--which would have been a huge change in all their lives that he specifically said he did not want in the early stages of their relationship.

It's ok for people to change their minds about things like having kids--but if your partner isn't on board with your change of heart than the responsible thing is to find a new partner who shares your goals. Or, break up and have the child on your own.

Imagine this child growing up with resentment from its own father.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
The guy was telling the truth, so it's not like she can accuse him of being deceptive.
Kind of.

That's why, when you testify in court, you pledge to "Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

He told the truth, but he didn't tell the whole truth. He found a weaselly way to communicate that he'd been snipped, one that could be interpreted in any number of ways.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:17 AM

994 posts, read 1,682,000 times
Well one could argue that after he stated he can't have kids...she should of asked WHY that is the case. In this case a divorce is best option. As long as he is the husband...if she gets pregnant by another man..he is on the hook for that kid..even if it's not biologically his.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Well one could argue that after he stated he can't have kids...she should of asked WHY that is the case. In this case a divorce is best option. As long as he is the husband...if she gets pregnant by another man..he is on the hook for that kid..even if it's not biologically his.
Well, yes and no. The phrase, "I couldn't have kids" is vague, and could be interpreted to mean either a physical or emotional inability. Yes, the dolt should have explored further with the guy. But he essentially disclosed the very bare minimum of information--not exactly a healthy start to any kind of relationship if you ask me.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:40 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
They're both wrong.

First, he should have told her so that she didn't have to be on the Pill in the first place and subject herself to any side effects or risks associated with it.

Second, her deception is far worse, however, as it had the potential to affect more than just her own life, but his and that of any child that was conceived as a result. And not for nothing, but skipping "a few" pills each month and then taking others is not recommended. Although the Pill is not considered a risk to the fetus, doing what she did makes it hard to tell if there is a pregnancy or if it's just hormonal upset. If she thought she wasn't pregnant when she was, and drank alcohol or smoked, that could have affected the fetus. Although we don't know if she drinks or smokes, on the surface, it seems she was willing to take that risk.

If I were the man, I'd divorce the irresponsible, conniving little brat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships