Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I dont get this. It doesnt bother me at all. If a woman complains about her own body it is not a turnoff to me. When this happens it just shows that she has identified an area of her body to target for improvement at the gym. If she complains about other women's bodies, it doesnt bother me either and is DEFINITELY not a turnoff. If she's being just mean or rude to where the other person can hear it then that isnt good. Mrs. Lao can be extremely harsh, but I know she views things through the lens of a lifelong ballet/ballroom dancer and yoga enthusiast. Had to shush her at a friends wedding recently because she was cracking jokes about the size of bride and bridesmades (yes they were HUGE). Had to make sure no one heard her, but it was not a turnoff.

So, your wife is preoccupied with other people's bodies and she's extremely rude about it with being unable to keep her apparently HUGE mouth shut.

I see you're a perfect match!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 04:14 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,328 times
that's not even the half of it. you girls, go on thinking you know everything. if only you knew...

Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
"what does she look like naked and what would it be like to bone her?" are the first two things that go through my head when I meet any woman who isn't directly unattractive.
I think 4/6 of these will apply to 99% of all men

Old 12-03-2011, 04:33 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What Men Don’t Want You to Know

1. Men don't need romance.
2. Every man has pictured you naked.
3. At some point, he has probably fantasized having sex with the other women in your life (friends, family, coworkers).
4. Until pressed to admit he’s in a relationship...
5. Most men will always be a little insecure about the size of their, ahem, Johnson.
6. Men are easily turned off by women who always complain about their bodies

What do you think guys correct? Or not?
From my perspective...

1. Agree.
I play along because it puts a woman
in the mood. And yes, sexy lingerie is visually
stimulating.

2. Disagree.
Not all women look good nude.

3. Disagree.
Once I get involved, It actually never crosses my mind
to imagine gettin' it on with her friends/kins.

4. Disagree.
True love will make you come clean.
[no pun intended]

5. Disagree.
Ive been told, "Its not the size of the ship,
but the motion of the ocean."

6. Agree.
Yes if I have picked and deemed her sexworthy,
It is afront to my taste to hear her disapproval of
what I consider attractive/sexy: her figure.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:37 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
From my perspective...

1. Agree.
I play along because it puts a woman
in the mood. And yes, sexy lingerie is visually
stimulating.

2. Disagree.
Not all women look good nude.

3. Disagree.
Once I get involved, It actually never crosses my mind
to imagine gettin' it on with her friends/kins.

4. Disagree.
True love will make you come clean.
[no pun intended]

5. Disagree.
Ive been told, "Its not the size of the ship,
but the motion of the ocean."

6. Agree.
Yes if I have picked and deemed her sexworthy,
It is afront to my taste to hear her disapproval of
what I consider attractive/sexy: her figure.

I like the last one and agree. If I find a guy hot and he says he's not is my picker broken then?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Yea because they've been known to give women so much incentive to be proud of their natural bodies. Not really.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:44 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea because they've been known to give women so much incentive to be proud of their natural bodies. Not really.
Haha...not all.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:47 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Haha...not all.

Most. Men are usually the first ones to crack a joke about a woman with an imperfect body or parts. So, it's hilarity to me that they want to request that a woman show the utmost confidence in her body. Based on what? Yet, that one is listed time and again as a must have.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:02 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
I like the last one and agree. If I find a guy hot and he says he's not is my picker broken then?
Even if it is broken, if its workin for you thats all that counts

Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
#1: not true, at least for me anyway -- as a man, I most definitely want and need romance! Physical intimacy is nice and all (although I haven't yet partaken of that of course, so I am speaking hypothetically here). But for me as a guy, non-intimate romance is much more important than intimate romance. More than anything else, I *love* gentle, affectionate, soft-hearted, romantic and compassionate women, who are kind and sweet and loving. And really that is hands-down the most important thing to me Ultimately, I need a special sweetie's love and affection and tender loving words, to feel truly loved, and happy.

#2: doesn't necessarily always apply, even if I was in fact romantically interested in the girl

#3: doesn't apply (due to my lack of experience in actual relationships that would necesssarily result in such described behavior occurring).

#4: for me, absolutely not true -- b/c I *want* loving, long-term, steady and exclusive marriage-minded relationships I want "the one", not to flirt with "the many"

#5: honestly never seriously thought about it

#6: not really -- if someone I loved was unhappy about her body, I would try to reassure her that I think she is 100% beautiful, and that I love her, 100%, just as she is

Good answers Knight. For someone with so called "limited experience", you have a good idea of how and what to be to a women..Good post. Reps..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships