Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 AM

32 posts, read 79,222 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

if maybe you could give me some advice regarding my now ex-boyfriend?

We had a year and a half long, long-distance relationship. We argued almost all the time and broke up a 100 times but always got back together, because the love, the passion, the bond we shared was amazingly strong...But then with time I think we started getting a bit tired of the whole situation and could not agree who should move (to another's country), when and how...

Last time he broke up with me in summer, than came back begging me to take him back, seemed in love for a while, then we started arguing again over the same old things and eventually it came down to him saying that he now clearly sees i am not the one and he does not feel the same about me (he said he does not admire me anymore, is not as attracted as he used to be, and the feeling that he needs me has gone)....

But i still really really love him. Is there any way I could make him change his mind without bluntly asking him not to leave me??

P.S. I really gained weight in the past year and he clearly did not like it at all....maybe if I lost the weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 05:23 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Weight have nothing to do with love. If that is an issue, move on. In fact move on. If it is dramatic as you claim it is best to bury it and move on. It is not a healthy relationship.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:31 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Why do you want a guy who you've repeatedly broken up with?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Why do you want a guy who you've repeatedly broken up with?

well...I still love him (a lot)...In my case breaking up is more like telling to **** off when I am really angry or desperate about something rude he does or anything...But I never really mean to break up with him,I love him. I am just absolutely awful at handling rough corners in the relationships (in fact this is my first ever, long-term relationship with the guy), so I do stupid things sometimes, yes.

the bad thing is: whenever he breaks up, he says he does not love me anymore, and he said it many times already, but then he always always came back, so i figured he did not mean it either...

I don't know...

Old 12-05-2011, 05:40 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Have y'all actually met? I am afraid I always have to ask that when people start talking about long-distance relationships because of past experience with such threads.

Regardless, no, you will not get him back just because you want him back. I bet you could find someone really nice in your own area code though.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Have y'all actually met? I am afraid I always have to ask that when people start talking about long-distance relationships because of past experience with such threads.

Regardless, no, you will not get him back just because you want him back. I bet you could find someone really nice in your own area code though.

sure we have met!!! Who do you think I am?!

we kept flying back and forth between his country and mine...
The thing is, I do not want to meet someone else, I mean I love this guy, I honestly do. I am not trying to get him back out of any selfish reasons.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:51 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,675 times
I'm sorry for your pain. But, I'm afraid if you don't leave it be, you will have a lifetime of pain. Move on, stay busy. You do not want a man that doesn't love you for you.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I'm sorry for your pain. But, I'm afraid if you don't leave it be, you will have a lifetime of pain. Move on, stay busy. You do not want a man that doesn't love you for you.

Thank you! I have been trying my best to keep myself busy lately!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Weight have nothing to do with love. If that is an issue, move on. In fact move on. If it is dramatic as you claim it is best to bury it and move on. It is not a healthy relationship.

Thank you!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashaROL View Post
But i still really really love him. Is there any way I could make him change his mind without bluntly asking him not to leave me??
No. It's time to accept that he has moved on and now you need to as well. Of course you are still going to have feelings for him, it will take time to get passed that. But you need to start getting into the mind frame that it's over instead of desperately trying to think of methods to make him change his mind. He has finally realized what an unhealthy relationship this is and once someone comes to that realization, you can't, nor should you, be able to change their mind. You may have had a passionate relationship but your bond and love could not have been that "strong" if you split up about 100 times. Maybe when you are over this relationship, you will realize that strong bonds are about healthy bonds and healthy bonds are not formed by constant splitting up and arguing. Is that really what you want out of a relationship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships