Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:51 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,617,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymRAT3311 View Post
I learned that a co-worker led me on for months while he was seeing another co-worker. I had no clue they dated. The other woman is no longer with him and we became friends.

We compared notes and we filled in a lot of blanks for one another regarding our experiences with this guy. He's super charming and knows how to keep you interested just enough to keep you stuck on him. He really played me for a fool, insisting on seeing certain movies with me, but never calling and telling me to call him, only to blow me off and not return my call. He wined and dined me after work and continued to ask me if I wanted to go out with him on weekends, but never followed through.

I later found out that he saw those movies with her. Turns out he only used her and was camped out at her place every weekend he wasn't with his kids and being real intense with her. Insisting that he loved her and constantly emailing, texting, etc. After several months he decided to move on from her, but wouldn't tell her. She said they were so intense and he was the perfect gentleman the whole time, but then he started avoiding her at work with no explanation and she had to track him down to get one. I told him that I feel like he doesn't respect me and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. We haven't been speaking since.

I've learned that everything about this guy is such a facade. I'm pissed that he got away with his game and the fact that I still have to see him every day at work doesn't help. I'd love to out him to our other co-workers but I don't want to be childish. Should I get a new job?
Is this some hillbilly office shack?

Who the heck plays these moronic romance games at work? Unreal.

What ticks me is that she says kids which means these people are grown-ups. Wheeee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 01:54 AM

550 posts, read 981,190 times
So where do you work where he can get away with all this player behavior? Actually it sounds like a guy that I worked with. He kept telling me he wanted to do stuff together only it never happened and he would tell me all these reasons why he wanted to but he couldn't.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:21 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,172,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymRAT3311 View Post
I learned that a co-worker led me on for months while he was seeing another co-worker. I had no clue they dated. The other woman is no longer with him and we became friends.

We compared notes and we filled in a lot of blanks for one another regarding our experiences with this guy. He's super charming and knows how to keep you interested just enough to keep you stuck on him. He really played me for a fool, insisting on seeing certain movies with me, but never calling and telling me to call him, only to blow me off and not return my call. He wined and dined me after work and continued to ask me if I wanted to go out with him on weekends, but never followed through.

I later found out that he saw those movies with her. Turns out he only used her and was camped out at her place every weekend he wasn't with his kids and being real intense with her. Insisting that he loved her and constantly emailing, texting, etc. After several months he decided to move on from her, but wouldn't tell her. She said they were so intense and he was the perfect gentleman the whole time, but then he started avoiding her at work with no explanation and she had to track him down to get one. I told him that I feel like he doesn't respect me and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off. We haven't been speaking since.

I've learned that everything about this guy is such a facade. I'm pissed that he got away with his game and the fact that I still have to see him every day at work doesn't help. I'd love to out him to our other co-workers but I don't want to be childish. Should I get a new job?
Why are women always looking for some sort of retribution/revenge in a situation like this?

WAS HE YOUR BOYFRIEND??

Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 AM

11,558 posts, read 11,996,765 times
If you like your job then stay put...no reason to let him control your life like that.

I understand what you say about having to see him at work; but every time you do see him just mentally pat yourself on the back for realizing what he is and be thankful you are no longer dating him.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,429,955 times
Chalk it up as a "lesson learned" about dating coworkers. Thats why I strictly enforce the rules against this here at work.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,953,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Chalk it up as a "lesson learned" about dating coworkers. Thats why I strictly enforce the rules against this here at work.
^That's the one.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:35 AM

30,537 posts, read 21,691,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Why are women always looking for some sort of retribution/revenge in a situation like this?

WAS HE YOUR BOYFRIEND??
I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like she had no romantic involvement with the guy.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 AM

748 posts, read 1,310,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Exactly...

Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,797,694 times
Don't focus on your dreams to get even. That will only hurt you.

The best revenge is to live better.
Move on, enjoy your life until you find someone who will make you happy, and
then you will have a nice life enhanced by a nice man.
Won't that be the best revenge??

Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,931,079 times
Bottom line is he won't care if you stay or go so do what's in your best interest. You had no solid commitment form the man. He wasn't your fiancee or your husband you were just dating so he and yourself were free to date as you see fit.

As for the signs it sounds like he put up many red flags and as we all do you just didn't want to see them. Chalk it up to the game and just be glad you didn't get pregnant or make some other major life change due to the "relationship". Going forward just understand people are an "ex" for a reason. There had to be a reason he's not with the mother of his kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships