Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,362 times

Advertisements

Cheating is the result of a weakness in character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
As far as I'm concerned stupidity is the main reason, it never seems to turn out for the best for either person.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:29 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
I have one idea and that is the person doesn't have the strength to leave, so they cheat, making the other person leave them. It's very cowardly if you ask me.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:41 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I have no respect for anyone who cheats on their spouse. They can leave them first if it's that bad...but someone who cheats on their spouse, I don't think can be trusted. It's not acceptable behavior, and I don't care what excuse someone dreams up.

I cannot believe the sh&* they are showing on TV lately, multiple wives, and running around with each other...again, TV brain washes society and says, it's ok to do that....;pretty soon we are laughing at something we should deem immoral and corrupt...and what really scares me is the mentality of society...these TV shows wouldn't make it if they weren't getting the ratings.

Same with daytime soap operas...they are crap...they give people permission to run around with each other, pretty soon, it's acceptable behavior. I've seen this happen over the years...with kids talking back to their parents.

I don't believe people realize the effect and control television has on our lives, and it has stagnated mental ability and progression.

No, to cheating Period.

and if more people would deem this behavior unacceptable and start letting people know if they run around on their wives, we might now want you for a friend anymore...it would once again establish some positive morals and help to let people know...it's wrong Period.

hugs and thanks for this thread.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 AM

I wish parents would realize they are setting a bad example by being unfaithful or even cheating in general, ie;taxes, stealing the neighbors newpaper, not returning that extra $5 the cashier mistakenly gave them. That is after all where kids are SUPPOSE to learn morals. Adults however, don't have any excuse as far as I am concerned. There is such a thing as common sense, some people just refuse to use theirs.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:13 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I wish parents would realize they are setting a bad example by being unfaithful or even cheating in general, ie;taxes, stealing the neighbors newpaper, not returning that extra $5 the cashier mistakenly gave them. That is after all where kids are SUPPOSE to learn morals. Adults however, don't have any excuse as far as I am concerned. There is such a thing as common sense, some people just refuse to use theirs.

I think you should have to take a test to be a parent...

Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think you should have to take a test to be a parent...
There'd be a lot less tax payers if they did.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:21 PM

141 posts, read 613,360 times
My question is this....Why, if you were the "other woman/man," would you want to be with someone who cheats? Hello...you were the other person, what makes you immune to their cheating ways? I would never be secure in that relationship.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:13 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Neither romance nor lust are tempered by rationality.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:38 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
A parent that wants his or hers child to grow up as normal as possable will set a good example, if you made mistakes in the past you remedy them prior to the child, their too smart and pick up on everything, divorce teaches them that family is disposable and cheating teaches that lack of character is acceptable, plus the poor kids generally are playing nurse maid to the parent that gets hurt....its just so gross to do that to a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships