Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 AM

160 posts, read 295,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
You should wait at least three dates before you screw him.
lol so 3's the magic number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 12:31 AM

461 posts, read 782,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
Here's what I think: leading a guy on by withholding sex is not going to suddenly and magically make him fall in love with you. He has to like you for who you are already. If he does, sleeping with him is not going to change that.

Really??!! REally? How is developing a emotional, mental connection first leading a guy on? What is a relationship to you? What does it entail exactly? I could twist your logic and say sex will not magically make him fall in love with you either and by experience, I know that, no matter how great it is. You seem very young and heavily influenced by a media that treats casual sex, um, casually.

Men are different from women because they see T & A and want to bang it. It's that crude. Just pure sex for the joy of it. That's how they think. Is that what you want? No, you think it means something more and that's where you are wrong. Hey, I'm a girl trying to help you here. He doesn't have to like you, he'd be willing to put a bag over your head and a gag on your mouth and still do you.

Quote:z" If he does, sleeping with him is not going to change that."

That's a BIG IF.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:18 AM

513 posts, read 896,866 times
my wife and i had sex less than 2 hours after being introduced. we are still together and happily married over 17 years later. guess i'm glad we waited a while, imagine what i would have missed out on had we just screwed right there on the pool table instead of waiting until we got to my house and in the pool.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:24 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,318 times
I don't think so... but I act like it's true anyway.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:32 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
What waiting may do is help elminate some of the people who don't really want a lasting relationship. What not waiting may do is help eliminate some people who aren't sexually compatible.

Basically, waiting or not has much less to do the potential for a long-term relationship than the intentions of both, and - more importantly - their overall compatibility. Intentions don't matter if you're not their match.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:48 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
Really??!! REally? How is developing a emotional, mental connection first leading a guy on? What is a relationship to you? What does it entail exactly? I could twist your logic and say sex will not magically make him fall in love with you either and by experience, I know that, no matter how great it is. You seem very young and heavily influenced by a media that treats casual sex, um, casually.

Men are different from women because they see T & A and want to bang it. It's that crude. Just pure sex for the joy of it. That's how they think. Is that what you want? No, you think it means something more and that's where you are wrong. Hey, I'm a girl trying to help you here. He doesn't have to like you, he'd be willing to put a bag over your head and a gag on your mouth and still do you.

That's a BIG IF.
I think you're lumping two different types of people in the same category.

One is the type who just likes to have casual sex and isn't looking for anything serious.

The other seems like they're out for revenge and lying and manipulating women to get them into bed.

While it's true that abstaining from sex will weed these types of people out, they won't like you less if you sleep with them. Sleeping with them has no bearing on whether they will be in a relationship with you - they've already made up their minds BEFORE sleeping with you that they don't want a relationship.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
No I dont. I think sex early is better. If you are not compatible sexually then you have just wasted months of your time. I once waited 3 months and after sleeping with her, i found out she smelled really bad down there and after that I could never look at her in the same way again.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:00 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
What waiting may do is help elminate some of the people who don't really want a lasting relationship. What not waiting may do is help eliminate some people who aren't sexually compatible.

Basically, waiting or not has much less to do the potential for a long-term relationship than the intentions of both, and - more importantly - their overall compatibility. Intentions don't matter if you're not their match.
Right on as usual TDude-

In my case having sex early (which is entirely subjective) has no bearing on how long a relationship will last. As pointed out above Sexual incompatibility may come out sooner if you start earlier in the relationship. I was seeing someone a couple of years ago who on the surface was great: Bright, Attractive, carried herself well but the sex was so mediocre and had no chance of improvement even with all of the communication in the world. We went out for 4 months and 20+ times before we had sex. Did it make any difference in the end whether we started early or not, No.

On the other hand, the childish notion that a girl who puts out early in a relationship is some how bad, is exactly that "Childish" and Sexist to boot. I remember some of that crap as a teen ager, it has no place as a mature adult!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post

That's a BIG IF.
Jeeze calm down lol. I don't think that is what she was saying at all. Of course it is good to wait to develop a connection with someone before you have sex with them, if that's what you feel you need to do. What I see a lot on this forum though, is women having sex in exchange for something, (commitment, I guess. I don't understand it) "If you prove to me that you can be a good little boy and wait for some arbitrary amount of time that I made up, then I'll reward you with sex." Like they're giving a puppy a treat. I think many women use sex as a tool to barter with, "give me this and I give you sex" and that, to me is leading a guy on and playing games.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:25 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
I think the only time you should really be concerned about "waiting" is if it has anything to do with either of you losing your virginity.

That is worth protecting...for a little while at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships