Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:03 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I'm a 26 year old male who has never dated, never approached a female, never kissed a woman, etc. I'm realizing that I have absolutely no social skill and need to change. I just have a hard time talking to women. Recently, I started dressing better, and have gotten more glances. In any case, does anyone have any suggestion for turning around my 'dating' life, which is literally a train wreck.

Anyways, I'm trying to make some changes and was looking for suggestions.
Your goals right now, in order:

1) Find a girl to kiss
2) Find a girl to have sex with you
3) Find a girl to be your girlfriend

Most likely it will happen in that order, so let's focus on the first one.

The easiest way to get the first one done is dates and parties. I suggest you set aside a large chunk of your energy in life to trying to achieve this. Get your friends to invite you to parties, go to bars with your friends, do speed dating, and do extracurricular events like volunteering, hiking, etc.

If you are talking and drinking with a woman at a party and you feel the vibe, ask her to step aside with you outside or in the hallway. When there, lean over and try and kiss her.

If you meet a girl at an event, make some small talk and once you've become comfortable, ask her for her number.

Most important thing. You must take every opportunity you get. Which means if you think you have a shot with a woman, don't reason you don't like her or that she's not that attractive. Take it. You're not marrying her. You never know. You may grow to like her, and she'll take care of #2 and #3 for you too. And you cannot afford to be picky right now.

Once your confidence goes up from getting some success, your approach to women and your social skills will improve. Don't worry about improving your social skills before you get started. I know some guys who have close to zero social skills who have girlfriends right now because they hit the pavement hard and found somebody who liked them.

Your goal right now is to play the numbers and get that first kiss. Take a deep breath and prepare for a lot of rejection. If you get phone numbers and dates, come back here and ask for advice. This is a pretty good place with some helpful people. But I think the bolded is the most important advice.

Good luck bud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 02:06 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
When all else fails there's always liquid courage. Just don't go over board. Back in my bar hopping days I could never understand how women would put up with myself and my friends at bars acting like animals then giving us phone numbers or themselves. Later on I understood it was because we didn't care if they liked us or not.. If they acted funny we just moved on... Women love attention and they love excitement..

Now here's the secret you must save for the woman you really want to wife down.. When she has no interest in you just stay in her face. Always be around when she looks up.. Don't stalk just be around.. Also don't forget looks aren't as important to women as they are to men so no matter how beautiful she may be go for it.... Worse she can say is get the hell out of my face then just think it's her loss... It's all about knowing your self worth and being confident..

Old 12-13-2011, 02:11 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Set your standards low. Start out with the fat ugly girl. Everyone has to start somewhere. They are all warm and moist on the inside.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:06 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Set your standards low. Start out with the fat ugly girl. Everyone has to start somewhere. They are all warm and moist on the inside.
Excellent advice! Preferably a fat one whose Daddy didn't love her much...you'll have an easy time

Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Excellent advice! Preferably a fat one whose Daddy didn't love her much...you'll have an easy time
The applicant list for the Maury show might be a good start!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:21 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,310 times
Just try not to alter yourself too much. It would be easy to get in the habit of putting on a fake personality every time you meet a woman, and that could get pretty exhausting. And worse, if you want to continue the relationship, you might have to keep wearing that fake personality.
Better to offer a polished version of yourself, rather than a fake one.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Wow, thanks for all the advice folks.

I seem to be very unapproachable, meaning I don't smile. So thats one other thing I need to work on also.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:32 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Wow, thanks for all the advice folks.

I seem to be very unapproachable, meaning I don't smile. So thats one other thing I need to work on also.
Again, make it easier on yourself - get a life coach

Old 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Again, make it easier on yourself - get a life coach

I don't need a life coach. Everything else in my life is going well. Finished amasters degree at good univ, got a good job, mentally stable, life is generally good. The only issue is that I can't attract women for the life of me.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I don't need a life coach. Everything else in my life is going well. Finished amasters degree at good univ, got a good job, mentally stable, life is generally good. The only issue is that I can't attract women for the life of me.
And THAT'S why you need a life coach dude.

Good for you for finishing your education and having a great job

But that stuff can be childs play compared to attracting women and knowing HOW to be successful in relationships.

You've obviously got some issues, ones that you haven't been able to fix on your own. By this age to be so completely lacking in social skills you would be best off by engaging a professional for assistance.

They'll help you target what you are doing wrong, help you with your wardrobe, correct the bad vibes you may unknowingly be putting out there and get you on the right track. I hope you'll at least consider this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships