Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 PM

9 posts, read 7,933 times

Advertisements

You have to have the killer instinct. Girls dont respect nice - its perceived as weak. If you want a girl you have to show her your strong and a man among men able to lead - the best and strongest of the pack. They dont want some wishy washy run of the mill dime a dozen drone. They want an alpha male who takes chances and isnt afraid to move up in the world and do whatever it takes to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 AM

188 posts, read 304,673 times
It's not enough to have a good job and a lot of money in the bank. You also need to be a good person.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,611,217 times
Looks, money, height, education, stability...all have very little to do with success with women. Most women like real and masculine men. If you can work through the mountain of BS social conditioning and bad dating advice, you would know what that means.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:23 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,734,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
I'm going to pretend to be dating coach and ask you some questions you can ask yourself.

Are you very clear on the question of WHY you are dating? Are you looking for a wife? Or just a girlfriend or companion? My thinking is that you are not giving the women any clues as to why you are in the dating pool, and women being responders, don't know how to respond to a man that does that. So take some time and figure out what you want out of dating, and then it may be easier to find women who are on the same page.

What do you talk about on your dates? It's better if you avoid controversial topics until the two of you get to know each other. If you tend to be opinionated, sometimes that can be a turnoff, depending on the girl. Do you monopolize the conversation? That can be another turnoff. And keep your conversation topics kind of light and breezy. Stay way from heavy topics like dating pasts.

Another question: Do you act relaxed and happy to be on a date or do you act bored and stressed out? A woman can mistake boredom and stress non verbal cues as a rejection of HER, so be careful of that.

Last question: Do you dress for date success? If you have doubts or feel you need help in this area, you can visit the Men's Wearhouse Clothing Store for ideas and guidance on what dressy casual means for the region you live in.

Good luck.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:12 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,398,368 times
I will spell it out for you... You are just not that attractive.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,285,343 times
Having a good paying job, being lovable, having a nice car, etc. are characteristics that seem to attract women but don’t forget about your personality, chemistry, sense of humor, and so on. You wouldn’t just go for a girl you find attractive and that’s it, right? It’s the whole package.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 AM

188 posts, read 304,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Having a good paying job, being lovable, having a nice car, etc. are characteristics that seem to attract women but don’t forget about your personality, chemistry, sense of humor, and so on... It’s the whole package.
After doing some research on this topic, I came to the conclusion that women are attracted to these six things:

1. Means (Wealth, possessions, gifts to them or providing for them)
2. Power (Influence, Leadership, provide safety, charisma)
3. Fame
4. Looks (including height)
5. Exclusivity (Royalty, already married, hard to get, affliation)
6. Personality (Humor, creativity, romance, intelligence, mystique, giftedness, confidence, dominance etc.)

Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM

11,811 posts, read 12,051,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Having a good paying job, being lovable, having a nice car, etc. are characteristics that seem to attract women but don’t forget about your personality, chemistry, sense of humor, and so on. You wouldn’t just go for a girl you find attractive and that’s it, right? It’s the whole package.
This is what I don't understand on CDF, why so many focus on one particular trait or characteristic of themselves or another and wonder why their relationships aren't successful. You are the sum of all of your parts, however, IMO if you have a lousy personality/character, that will break you more than appearance, job, materials things, etc.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This is what I don't understand on CDF, why so many focus on one particular trait or characteristic of themselves or another and wonder why their relationships aren't successful. You are the sum of all of your parts, however, IMO if you have a lousy personality/character, that will break you more than appearance, job, materials things, etc.
Depends on the characteristic. If LOOKS are the issue, that trumps just about everything else. The dude could be a 6-figure earning brain powerhouse with multiple degrees, massive crib and car, and a wallet oozing with ca$h and cards, and be smooth smooth smooth but if and I mean BUT IF he doesn't have the LOOKS to back all that window dressing up, all that other crap up, then he's DEAD to women. No damn way around it.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 AM

109 posts, read 126,365 times
Don't talk about Star Trek on your first date. Those who do seem to just go on and on... They never get second dates from me, even if he's a doctor and his daddy was a doctor, and he's got this real big house that I could definitely redecorate. Yeah, I went to his house before he even asked me to dinner--to use his computer bec mine broke down. He was nice (not nice-looking), so I gave him a chance. But he could have been in a monologue all night. And I don't even like Star Trek!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships