Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:03 PM

31,030 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

This is a response to Soviets thread. I believe he's close to 20 and I'm 39 so I felt inclined to respond in kind. I really don't like dating down below 30 so take this tongue in....Cheek. Now, my frame of reference is my nephews and friends sons and are from actual examples.

Women Dating up postives:

More Experienced in all ways.
Were not taking you out in an old Honda Civic with no working heater
Well off. typically.
We live at home, but it's not our parents.
Men age well or at least some of us do
Were already house trained
We open doors.
We tip more then a buck on a $100 tab
We can afford to pay a $100 tab
We do not get puking drunk playing beer pong and leave you without a ride home
We know how to wine and dine a woman.
We know not to fart in your presence
We don't have 3 room mates
If you marry us we die first and leave you with enough money that you can afford a younger man

Please add to the least, both postive and negative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
I'll add. I'll add.

We are REAL men.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:24 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Pffft...I found all that in a twenty something. I like soviets thread better.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:40 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Because some:

- men are already grown up
- know what they want out of life
- tend to be more steadfast and stable and are generally more established and settled in their
careers than are younger men
- are worldlier and more self-confident
- are financially secured and generally doing well at their profession
- view pleasure in a different light than younger men and are more concerned with the woman’s
pleasure as opposed to their own
- have more desirable qualities
- know what they want in a relationship and have more time to devote to a relationship
- usually create less drama

Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I DO agree, though I've found that men my age are VERY set in their ways. The type that are like "yes, I know X part of my personality is not conducive to relationships, but I'm not going to / can't change."

Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
I think the main pros for dating an older man is that he may be more inclined to get married and have children before a younger man would. (Assuming that the woman even wants marriage and kids). Also, he should be more financially stable and more sophisticated.

I'm just guessing though because I've never dated a guy over 30. The last three guys I dated were 27, 22, and 24. I wouldn't mind going out with a 35 year old to compare and contrast.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:00 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I DO agree, though I've found that men my age are VERY set in their ways. The type that are like "yes, I know X part of my personality is not conducive to relationships, but I'm not going to / can't change."

Yes, this is generally true. The older they get, the less tolerant men *tend* to be of trying new things. They feel that they've done it all, know what they want and that further exploration is completely unnecessary.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:00 PM

36,514 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Women Dating up postives:

More Experienced in all ways.
Were not taking you out in an old Honda Civic with no working heater
Well off. typically.
We live at home, but it's not our parents.
Men age well or at least some of us do
Were already house trained
We open doors.
We tip more then a buck on a $100 tab
We can afford to pay a $100 tab
We do not get puking drunk playing beer pong and leave you without a ride home
We know how to wine and dine a woman.
We know not to fart in your presence
We don't have 3 room mates
If you marry us we die first and leave you with enough money that you can afford a younger man

Please add to the least, both postive and negative

More Experienced in all ways. = set in their ways no compromise
Were not taking you out in an old Honda Civic with no working heater=compensate with expensive cars
Well off. typically.=brag about being well off
We live at home, but it's not our parents.= have a home they want you to clean
Men age well or at least some of us do =believe they distinguished not old
Were already house trained = wear depends
We open doors.= leaves doors open
We tip more then a buck on a $100 tab= impress you by spending $
We can afford to pay a $100 tab =impress you by spending $
We do not get puking drunk playing beer pong and leave you without a ride home= not adventurous
We know how to wine and dine a woman.=feed you and get you drunk to make up for lacking in the sack
We know not to fart in your presence= fart and blame it on you
We don't have 3 room mates= 3 ex wives
If you marry us we die first and leave you with enough money that you can afford a younger man=When they die you realize they spent all their money on impressing you with expensive cars and $100 meals, the rest goes to their 3 ex wives and children.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:08 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times
hmm...older men are bitterly divorced and are looking for casual sex so they can "bang out" their frustrations with the ex wife...yep. that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 PM

31,030 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
More Experienced in all ways. = set in their ways no compromise
Were not taking you out in an old Honda Civic with no working heater=compensate with expensive cars
Well off. typically.=brag about being well off
We live at home, but it's not our parents.= have a home they want you to clean
Men age well or at least some of us do =believe they distinguished not old
Were already house trained = wear depends
We open doors.= leaves doors open
We tip more then a buck on a $100 tab= impress you by spending $
We can afford to pay a $100 tab =impress you by spending $
We do not get puking drunk playing beer pong and leave you without a ride home= not adventurous
We know how to wine and dine a woman.=feed you and get you drunk to make up for lacking in the sack
We know not to fart in your presence= fart and blame it on you
We don't have 3 room mates= 3 ex wives
If you marry us we die first and leave you with enough money that you can afford a younger man=When they die you realize they spent all their money on impressing you with expensive cars and $100 meals, the rest goes to their 3 ex wives and children.
HaHa, Very good, LMAO "Fart and blame it on you" and "have a home they want you to clean"
I'm trying to think back 20 years if I thought that some of what Soviet said applied to me But, I can't remember back that far

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Yes, this is generally true. The older they get, the less tolerant men *tend* to be of trying new things. They feel that they've done it all, know what they want and that further exploration is completely unnecessary.
This is one I see in older men and women a lot. But, I do know quite a few younger men and women who claim to be open minded and tolerant that are not. You even see them even here on CD when they make stereotypes as if they are fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships