Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 02:41 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,603,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
All of the above has nothing to do with not showing affection because the poor kids will be "grossed-out" !
Affection as in hugging and quick hello goodbye kiss that's fine...I'm just talking about more sexual behavior...most of my post was addressing your seemingly critical view of my parenting beliefs of previous posts.All I am saying is walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me I'm going about my life all wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 02:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,946,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Affection as in hugging and quick hello goodbye kiss that's fine...
Oh, OK. I reacted because it sounded like you totally avoided it and I don't belive it's all that good to teach kids their parents are sexless creatures. That's probably why many think their parents don't love each other and last time they had sex was when their youngest sibling was conceived.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,352,025 times
Quote:
Oh, OK. I reacted because it sounded like you totally avoided it and I don't belive it's all that good to teach kids their parents are sexless creatures. That's probably why many think their parents don't love each other and last time they had sex was when their youngest sibling was conceived.
I've got to agree with you about this sierra. If you want your kids to grow up with healthy attitudes about sex and intimacy they need to see that modeled by their parents.

Now, of course, it has to be done tastefully and appropriately, but it is important for kids to witness

Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,603,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I've got to agree with you about this sierra. If you want your kids to grow up with healthy attitudes about sex and intimacy they need to see that modeled by their parents.

Now, of course, it has to be done tastefully and appropriately, but it is important for kids to witness
I agree!

Old 12-18-2011, 03:19 PM

837 posts, read 1,284,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
I suspect my parents are in this situation. Married for 35+ years but probably stopped loving each other 15-20 years ago. They're probably still together because although they don't love each other anymore, they get along just fine (hardly ever argue, etc.) and its a convenient living situation. However, they show zero affection, don't give each other gifts/cards, don't do any activities together, never travel anywhere together, etc. I can't see either of them living alone, since they depend on each other for too many practical things. Dad for earning $$ and maintaining the house, mom for cooking/cleaning, etc.
My parents fit this description 100%. But anyway, they came from a time when people got married not because they wanted to but because tradition said they should.

I also imagine they never desired me nor my brother but just like above, everyone was supposed to have children then...

Old 12-18-2011, 03:21 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,133,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
they came from a time when people got married not because they wanted to but because tradition said they should.

That's why a lot of people get married today.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM

837 posts, read 1,284,463 times
Absolutely, those conceptions still exist today but I think it was stronger in the past.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:11 PM

620 posts, read 1,741,297 times
After almost 12 years, I'm still crazy in love with my wife. Sometimes love matures and changes. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:24 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,846,452 times
I know the question was about those married and don't love their spouse anymore, but I thought I'd let you know that some are married a long time and still love each other. We've been married 35 years. I love and care for her more than when we got married. We still take special trips, just for us two. We still have an active sex life, with help from modern medicine.

Some of you have been jumping in and saying that your parents or someone else is married but not happily, but without actual knowledge. Yes, there are plenty of sexless brother sister type marriages out there. But just because its not a constant love fest around our house, doesn't mean we don't love each other. My guess is that at least one of my sons thinks there's nothing going on between the sheets any more. Him and his wife are still hands all over each other after 2 years of being married. My wife and I often don't even sit right next to each other on the couch. (We have a recliner couch and the recliner seats are on the end. We each get our own.) That doesn't mean we don't love each other. At the end of the day, we're tired and we just want to relax.

When I look at a long term marriage, and see a couple that never takes a vacation or trip with just the two, or when they take a vacation, there are always friends along, or when they never do things together, let's just say, those are not good signs.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:26 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,461,630 times
Quote:
No anonymous poll?! This baby won't be one of your successful BS-generators, Ronnie... RIP, thread!
Lol just what I was thinking, where is the poll?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships