Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:50 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I know the question was about those married and don't love their spouse anymore, but I thought I'd let you know that some are married a long time and still love each other. We've been married 35 years. I love and care for her more than when we got married. We still take special trips, just for us two. We still have an active sex life, with help from modern medicine.

Some of you have been jumping in and saying that your parents or someone else is married but not happily, but without actual knowledge. Yes, there are plenty of sexless brother sister type marriages out there. But just because its not a constant love fest around our house, doesn't mean we don't love each other. My guess is that at least one of my sons thinks there's nothing going on between the sheets any more. Him and his wife are still hands all over each other after 2 years of being married. My wife and I often don't even sit right next to each other on the couch. (We have a recliner couch and the recliner seats are on the end. We each get our own.) That doesn't mean we don't love each other. At the end of the day, we're tired and we just want to relax.

When I look at a long term marriage, and see a couple that never takes a vacation or trip with just the two, or when they take a vacation, there are always friends along, or when they never do things together, let's just say, those are not good signs.
All of what you say is so true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 04:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
im no longer married, i still love my ex wife. (but from a safe distance)
i did my own poll of the responses, most pay lip service to love. but no one, not one, would say they did not love their spouse. but all admitted they were not in a hot romance. despite the many attacks on posters, one individual would not say if she no longer loved her spouse or tell whether she was currently married. a simple response would have been nice. CDF is not for target practice its for participating and sharing of ourselves. the more we do the more we grow.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:11 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
While the romantic love does fade...(at least on my part)I know my children believe my husband loves me very much and would do and does anything in his power to make me happy!We realize the kids will be moving on very soon and we still enjoy eachothers company...now when he retires and is around 24/7 that may change! We have been married 25+ yrs!I think most kids think parents are more like brother/sister because in our culture we are uncomfortable thinking of our parents as sexual...and our PDA went way down when the kids got older as to not gross them out!!
PDA between you and your husband would "gross" your kids out?? Really?? I'm so glad that my parents were very liberal with their PDA around us because it made me believe that was a GOOD thing about marriage. Sometimes it was a tad embarassing to us, and made us laugh because it would embarass my mom too, but we NEVER doubted their love for one another. They were married for well over 50 years when my dad passed away and even at his sickest he was ALWAYS loving, huggy and kissy with my mom. He even still wanted sex up till two days before he died. I was kinda surprised when my mom told me that. lol I do believe that PDAs and sex is the "glue" that holds good marriages together and I made sure my own kids knew there was a place for it in their own marriages. Kids who would be "grossed" out by PDAs by their PARENTS would turn out to be pretty uptight and Puritan-like, I would think.

Last edited by AZDesertBrat; 12-18-2011 at 05:52 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I find this SO wrong! But it is in line with your other views on child-rearing and I'm not surprised.
hence the increase in divorce amongst couples with older kids/kids who have moved out...too busy raising the kids to work on the romance..

Old 12-18-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, OK. I reacted because it sounded like you totally avoided it and I don't belive it's all that good to teach kids their parents are sexless creatures. That's probably why many think their parents don't love each other and last time they had sex was when their youngest sibling was conceived.
there are least 3 posts ive tried to rep you on.....

Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
hence the increase in divorce amongst couples with older kids/kids who have moved out...too busy raising the kids to work on the romance..
When you are married 25+ years get back to me...until then it's all b.s.!

Old 12-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
PDA between you and your husband would "gross" your kids out?? Really?? I'm so glad that my parents were very liberal with their PDA around us because it made me believe that was a GOOD thing about marriage. Sometimes it was a tad embarassing to us, and made up laugh because it would embarass my mom too, but we NEVER doubted their love for one another. They were married for well over 50 years when my dad passed away and even at his sickest he was ALWAYS loving, huggy and kissy with my mom. He even still wanted sex up till two days before he died. I was kinda surprised when my mom told me that. lol I do believe that PDAs and sex is the "glue" that holds good marriages together and I made sure my own kids knew there was a place for it in their own marriages. Kids who would be "grossed" out by PDAs by their PARENTS would turn out to be pretty uptight and Puritan-like, I would think.
I have no idea why your Mom would tell you that 2 days before your Dad died they had sex!Loyalty is the glue that holds good marriages together...there are alot more important things in life than sex...it's not the cool thing to say but it's the truth!

Old 12-18-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
When you are married 25+ years get back to me...until then it's all b.s.!
really?...ok then explain the couples that are all over each other past 25 years..perhaps you and your husband lost touch with each other while raising your children, so you have a nice, good marriage instead of a great, passionate one.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
really?...ok then explain the couples that are all over each other past 25 years..perhaps you and your husband lost touch with each other while raising your children, so you have a nice, good marriage instead of a great, passionate one.
Really the only folks I see all over eachother are second marriages...when you see a couple over 50 sitting on the same side of a restaurant booth...it's a second marriage!I have a nice good marriage...I wonder what do you have or will have??

Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Really the only folks I see all over eachother are second marriages...when you see a couple over 50 sitting on the same side of a restaurant booth...it's a second marriage!I have a nice good marriage...I wonder what do you have or will have??
not sure why you are being so defensive about this..im not trying to attack you, it just seems like you thought you had to have a trade off between romance/passion and stable/loyal/great parent, I don't believe you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships