Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Have you followed any of the good advice in your other threads?????

Improve your self appearance , hit the gym, lift heavy, take a multi

Improve your self worth, maybe need therapy... learn to love and value yourself

Improve your social standing, get some practice through hobbies.. talking to women or men

Will you follow this advice? Prolly not
Well, I am in therapy.

I'm afraid of social activities. So far, my therapist hasn't been much help with that. But we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I'm about 30.

I don't think I'm the most horrible looking dude. But I'm not handsome either.

I don't think I'm too picky. I find that I am attracted to various women that other people say are ugly. My problem is that I don't approach any women. One of the reasons for this is that I am located in an absolutely horrible location for dating. It is a horrible small college town. There aren't many adult women around here, it's all these college kids, but then some of retirees and married women too. Young, single adults ... forget about it. It's one of the nation's worst places for dating if you aren't still in college.
That perfectly describes me, and 60% of the world's men.

Don't think your problem is the third paragraph either.

You are not putting yourself out there. Seriously, if a person like me whose kind is absolutely frowned upon (women say I'm either short and hairy or smell like curry; men say I took their job) can find a woman to hang out with, you definitely can. Stop making excuses for yourself and stop quitting.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It obviously does matter to you or you wouldn't be on here posting about it. Twice you say there are "far more important" things in life. What are those things? If they are important, and make your life fulfilled, then you are correct.

But you sound like so many other people who come on here and claim they're absolutely fine with not being in a relationship. If you truly were, you wouldn't even post about it. Happy people don't spend their time on messageboards talking about how happy they are, they are out there doing the things in life that bring them happiness.

So what do you want to do about your situation? How could things be better for you than they are right now? And the answer I'm looking for is something that comes from within you, that doesn't assign blame to others for where you're at.
Yes, it matters to me. But I don't want it to matter to me. I don't want to be attracted to women. I don't want to desire to be in a relationship. I'd be much happier if I were satisfied with being alone.

Some of these people came on here and bashed me. They said that women are absolutely right to reject me, that the fact they reject me must mean that I'm no good. Sure, I'll get defensive about posts such as that. My whole point of this thread was to state that a person's value is not about whether he/she is able to attract the opposite sex. As human beings, we're much more than what the theory of evolution says we are, and than what the Sit-Coms and movies say we are.

I have a choice, to either work on joining the "dating game" and play all the tricks such as getting better clothes & a makeover & learning to be more comfortable in social situations, or I can choose to work on overcoming my desires for relationships. The third choice is to just sit here and continue to get frustrated with how things are going, and I don't think that's a very good choice. So I have to decide one or the other of the two good choices.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
see your negative outlook caused you to perceive this comment incorrectly....he is telling the poster to STOP putting himself down
No. He said I suck.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
In highschool, I was considered ODD by my friend's grandmother and parents because they were wondering why I didn't have a girlfriend.

That's how you were judged in my neighborhood and since no one ever saw me with a girl from the age of 12 to 19, they figured something was wrong with me. They had no idea that I had crushes on girls but wasn't able to get them.

Fast forward 20 years, now that I'm not married something must be wrong with me. It never ends LOL
My argument against this is that being different, being unique, being quirky ... doesn't mean that there's something wrong with you/me. It just means that we are different/unique/quirky. That's what we are. It's not wrong to be unique.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,027 times
it's not possible for every single adult to find a mate in life. been plenty of men & women who never did. so obviously there's always going to be a percentage that don't fit. sometimes it's just not in the cards.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
it's not possible for every single adult to find a mate in life. been plenty of men & women who never did. so obviously there's always going to be a percentage that don't fit. sometimes it's just not in the cards.

... and it doesn't mean that those people suck.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,027 times
Quote:
... and it doesn't mean that those people suck.

Not to get off topic, but actually it does when you look at the "point" of humanity. (this is my opinion).

Old 12-21-2011, 04:27 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros
Oh I'm sure there's someone who's 300 pounds or who's a toothless drug addict who'd be more than happy to go out with me. But I wouldn't get anything out of a relationship like that

Good question.

It is true that I would have to be attractive to a woman. I'm not going to ever date someone who looks like a model. But I think that I am as good looking as many of the men whom ordinary women are married to / dating /etc.

More important though in that question is what would a woman get out of dating me. I would be loyal (not a cheater). I would be able to find a lot of interesting things to do together. There's always something fun to do in this world, but it's often more fun when you're not by yourself. I would also give her space. I would not be one of those people who wants to always be together, but I respect that most people want a lot of breaks from being with a particular person, and hang out with some other people for a change. I wouldn't be jealous. If she wants to date someone else, go ahead. Just tell me we're through, and I'm cool with that. We can get back together again if you decide I was better than what you tried. I'm easy going and laid back. I also have some pretty darn good skills at working with children, so I think I'd be a pretty darn good step dad for women who already have children.

That's kind of a summary of what I think I have to offer.

I don't think I'm the worst guy out there in the dating world, by any measure. I lack many of the traits that commonly make relationships hell, although I certainly have my share of annoying traits as well.
Now that you know that about yourself, maybe you can begin to put yourself in situations, to find somebody that would appreciate that.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,216,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Not to get off topic, but actually it does when you look at the "point" of humanity. (this is my opinion).
Breeding not enough to conclude that someone doesn't suck. Just ask the tons of deadbeat parents who are not in the lives of their offspring. But hey they aren't losers because they got to breed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships