Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:35 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,865,408 times

Advertisements

Do not say anything until you are about to get laid. If you tell her too soon, she will tell her friends, and you can be 100% certain that her friends will be making virgin jokes whether she likes it or not.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 PM

494 posts, read 1,607,332 times
Me personally, I'd rather a virgin than a guy who can't count the number of women he slept with on one hand.

What's important though is that you never straight admit it. That's absoustely the wrong way to go about it. Live your life not worrying about it, and let it be discovered while in the act like burglar said.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,144,149 times
I don't see why virginity is such a big issue. If you're a virgin, you're a virgin. What does it honestly matter?

Old 12-27-2011, 02:10 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,711,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I don't see why virginity is such a big issue. If you're a virgin, you're a virgin. What does it honestly matter?
This sounds nice. Too bad that is not how it plays out in reality.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:48 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,371,571 times
Quote:
Too bad that is not how it plays out in reality.
Then how does it play out "in reality?" I'm curious. I agree that virginity should be a non-issue.

So in "reality" the 22 year old virgin keeps his virginity a secret, has sex with a woman, she detects he's inexperienced, despises the fact and immediately dumps him because he's not Don Juan in the sack?

There are plenty of men who have had sex with hundreds of women who happen to be terrible in the sack. There's no corrolation between number of partners and prowess in bed.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,355,186 times
I would feel about him using two hands.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,401,743 times
Your sexual history and preferences are nobody's business but your own and the person you're sexually involved with.

Take your time, until you find the RIGHT one to have sex with. It's not a sprint it's a marathon. The longer you stay sexually uninvolved the better.

Hell, I made the mistake of thinking that the first person I had sex with actually wanted to be my boyfriend. To avoid being mentally hijacked by someone who just wants to jump your bones, take your time.

Think about it like this. Don't have sex until you can actually financially support a family (yeah sex is fun but just imagine if the protection failed - is the person you're having sex with worthy enough to be a parent to your child? The answer better be yes EVERY TIME! If the answer is NO, then you better wait a little longer)

Old 12-27-2011, 06:28 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,711,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Then how does it play out "in reality?" I'm curious. I agree that virginity should be a non-issue.

So in "reality" the 22 year old virgin keeps his virginity a secret, has sex with a woman, she detects he's inexperienced, despises the fact and immediately dumps him because he's not Don Juan in the sack?

There are plenty of men who have had sex with hundreds of women who happen to be terrible in the sack. There's no corrolation between number of partners and prowess in bed.

That's not what I said, you did....anyway, I can only tell somebody what I've experienced and in my limited experience like I said, "just don't tell them" is not the reality of most of the situations. Example: Look at that thread going on about how long do you wait to get intimate? Majority of the answers aren't very long periods of time (this is neither bad nor good, just saying) also that puts a stake in the "just don't tell them" arguement b/c obviously, it comes up. I'm not saying he's going to tell every single date he has -- but to pretend it just won't come up after several dates or weeks, is unrealistic. 22 is still quite young and in the 'normal' realm, he waits a few years, say 5, it's going to be nothing but a headache. This is my opinion based on my own life, like I said I don't know about someone else's situation.

I also never said there's a correlation between number of partners and how good the person is or not....

Old 12-27-2011, 08:33 PM

30 posts, read 45,090 times
Virgin aspect aside, I think shy guys are ridiculously cute.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:37 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,936,368 times
I would not think there would be a really big stigma with a virgin who is 22.

If I was the OP, I would not give it a second thought, and just work on being less "quiet" when he first meets people. Some people interpret shyness as a sign that a person is conceited or full of themselves, which can limit opportunities.

He should date one or both of the ladies who is showing interest, and just see where things go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships