Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:50 AM

429 posts, read 1,148,251 times

Advertisements

I don't think being a virgin is good or bad; it's just the state of things at the moment. And I certainly wouldn't go out and "get some" just to lose your virginity. Save it for someone you actually care about.

Oh, and when you do find that special someone, it might be a good idea to tell her that she's your first so she'll have some idea of what to expect.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:49 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
Me personally, I don't care. I have no right to make fun of someone because they're a virgin or not.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I can't believe any potential GF of yours would think negatively about you being inexperienced. In fact, it very likely would be a turn on for many woman to be a man's first sexual partner.
As a 35 year old virgin, I know the few times I've talked to a potential date or partner, it's been another issue that adds to my perceived wierdness. Then I quickly get put into the friend/acquaintances category. People aren't all that fair or open-minded about it, they consider it wierd and a source of questioning.

Unlike most people here, I advise the virgin that's bothered by it to go out and lose their virginity, if its bugging them so much. Don't let other people with emotional baggage project their regrets onto you. It's hard to live down regrets about growing older and older and being a virgin, but easy to forget about throwing away your virginity.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:14 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
My first girlfriend was actually quite upset when I told her that it was my first sexual experience. I think that young women actually do prefer someone with more experience for that first few times. I don't think it's as much of an issue with older women who have had many experiences.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:27 PM

499 posts, read 891,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOnAgain View Post
It really didn't become an issue for me until this year when my friends picked up on the fact that I am a virgin, which was my fault for being completely honest and not putting out random numbers like I suspect a lot of them do when conversations about women they have been with come up.

To describe myself, I am 22, black, 6'4", I workout regularly and soon to be a college graduate and I have been told by some girls before that I am pretty cute but they have also said that I am also too quiet(initial response I get when I meet my friends female friends for the first time). Right now there are two girls that are showing strong interest in me and I am thinking of just going ahead with one of them just for the purpose of getting laid.

How would you feel if the guy you were dating was 22 and a virgin?
in my opinion, it's nice of you to be a virgin. but don't be quiet. it's boring and girls don't like quiet boys.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
in my opinion, it's nice of you to be a virgin. but don't be quiet. it's boring and girls don't like quiet boys.
yeah i hate how girls always have to go for the loud-mouth, talkative, cocky guys

Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
This. Never share that info.

Never?

How can I say this gently... The first woman he has sex with will probably figure something is amiss, so I would recommend telling her when the time comes so there's no chance of her confusing inexperience with clumsiness.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:47 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
Do you speak for all women?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM

11 posts, read 13,726 times
No need to talk about it unless the girl is your gf. Then, you need to be honest. But if you just want to get laid, keep that secret.
And there's nothing wrong about being a virgin at age X. Everyone is different. Go for if when you'll be ready. Don't let your buddies pressure you.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
I wouldn't be interested dating a guy who is still a virgin in his 20s, especially if it isn't by choice. Just from reading message board forums alot of male adult virgins are incredibly depressed, have low confidence and self esteem issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships