Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:42 AM

65 posts, read 99,938 times

Advertisements

I ve had no luck with western women well American women in particular. I'm just clueless as to what they want. Here I am a nice job , a nice apartment, non violent don't drink too much and I can't seem to land a gal!? I'm the first to admit I'm not exactly Brad Pitt but there are other things in this world besides outward appearances.
Really this last couple dates I had broke the camels back so to speak. A nice dinner (not inexpensive) followed by a movie and some very awkward goodbyes where I was able to get a kiss on the lips from the 2nd date.
But again , no call backs no returned emails or replies to friendship requests on facebook.
I've decided American women are impossible to please. I've been reading up on Thai women and their culture is completely different to ours. From what I''m told via some online acquaintances I would be viewed as quite the catch by Thai standards. I make upwards of 70k , a stable personality, a home, a car etc. It feels right, especially since I've always favored Asian women and their natural tans compared with ginger or fair skinned American gals. Anywho I plan on traveling to Bangkok just after New Years to make some inquiries.
I'll keep you all updated wish me luck!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:47 AM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
Good luck, I wish you and your new bride all the happiness in the world.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Reality don't his US women until they hit about 30-35.. They will either be bitter and blame the world on men or they will come to reality that it takes more than their body to keep a man. IMO your problem is you thinking about what a woman wants. Decide what you want in a woman and seek her out. A woman of quality will want a man of quality.. Yes it's that simple.. I should know because I have pushed away quite a few quality women. My problem is I don't ever wan to be married.

Well let me be truthful for a minute. One woman I should have never pushed her away..

Old 12-27-2011, 03:08 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
If Asian women are what you are after better off looking in somewhere like Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Putrajaya. Bangkok has high rates of prostitution and ex-prostitutes and slavery. Not exactly wife material.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 AM

519 posts, read 1,049,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
If Asian women are what you are after better off looking in somewhere like Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur. Bangkok has high rates of prostitution and ex-prostitutes and slavery. Not exactly wife material.
I'm offended by this generalisation.

But I'm not going to bother to argue there's no point.

Russia also has mail order brides, and a culture of subservience to men.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
If Asian women are what you are after better off looking in somewhere like Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Putrajaya. Bangkok has high rates of prostitution and ex-prostitutes and slavery. Not exactly wife material.
This is truly offensive; a disgusting generalization.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Not at all....I have been to all those places mentioned, some more than once.
You are missing my point. Which is, Bangkok has the highest rates of prostitution ex prostitutes and slavery, out of the places mentioned. Hence, your pool of potential wives is diminished if thats a dealbreaker.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
I'm offended by this generalisation.

But I'm not going to bother to argue there's no point.

Russia also has mail order brides, and a culture of subservience to men.
This generalization has merit worth considering. Beware. Yes, you can find the exception (I did), but the odds are against you.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
I ve had no luck with western women well American women in particular.
Understood. They're raised to be men and compete in the marketplace. It's not their fault, but that's how it is.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Not at all....I have been to all those places mentioned, some more than once.
You are missing my point. Which is, Bangkok has the highest rates of prostitution ex prostitutes and slavery, out of the places mentioned. Hence, your pool of potential wives is diminished if thats a dealbreaker.
Having been to Thailand over 20 times myself, and traveling there again for a month, I don't find the people you obviously seek out.
I know numerous Thai women who are not, nor have ever been, prostitutes.
To generalize as you have done is horribly offensive.

Do you think that abject poverty leads women to paths that they wouldn't take if not for poverty and no other skills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships