Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:57 PM

28 posts, read 31,294 times

Advertisements

OK so my story is, I just came back from England, I met an amazing girl from Canada while i was on a Gap year program. I was in England from March till November and i met this girl September but we didn't start hitting it off till Early October to then me leaving mid November.

So now I'm back in Australia and I want to go to Vancouver which is where she is from. But now all of a sudden my ex is starting to talk to me again who I had to get rid of not by choice but because it just wouldn't of worked while overseas and she claims she still has feelings for me but the whole time i was overseas i tried my best to keep everything going but she just shut me down. So now i am back home and she wants me??

Anyways I am waiting till June so I can fly over to Canada but its still 6 months away which is kinda annoying because i got rid of my ex for the exact reason that i see myself in now.

I'm just curious if anyone has any helpful tips of how to deal with a long distance relationship? Myself and the girl i met in England are not "official" but we were going to wait till i get to Canada. I am also going to Canada to work on Mt Whistler so i'm going for the experience as well.

So my questions are.

Any tips on how to deal with this?
What should i do with my Ex, should i get rid of her or is talking ok? because she might stuff everything up and feelings might come crawling back?
How do you keep the spark going with the girl you like when your so far away, Because its now been 2 months, things are good but times i get down about it all, Just like now! lol!

Or am i just over thinking this way to much and should just let it play out and calm the **** down?

Because i know it will be worth it when i get on that plane to Vancouver and see her face.
Has anyone had any experience in this spot?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 06:00 PM

37,683 posts, read 46,121,679 times
I'm sorry, but I can't get past the "get rid of my ex" thing you keep using over and over.

I've got nothing.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,969,848 times
I think you need to stop thinking and just do what you want... in reality all of it is useless if you're not going to live there for good.

The only advice I can give is to go with the one where you're going to live permanently, if you're not going to live in either place permanently, let them both go. It isn't fair for them to deal with a guy who can't decide between two girls.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:16 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,585,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't get past the "get rid of my ex" thing you keep using over and over.

I've got nothing.
Maybe he's looking for a hitman?

Old 01-01-2012, 06:20 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,916,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB1989 View Post

Because i know it will be worth it when i get on that plane to Vancouver and see her face.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,696,398 times
Quote:
Yeah..this is not cool. I agree.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,684,682 times
Surely there are fine women in Australia. Sounds like you don't really like the ex and the Canadian is just too far away. Find another girl in Australia.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM

11,401 posts, read 24,491,532 times
Romantic feelings are amplified when you're traveling. You are still high on the experience and that makes it all the sweeter. Long distance relationships usually don't last.

If you're not into your ex, just let her go. Be polite, but don't drag it out.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,135,266 times
oh lordy, and you expect your Vancouver fling to sit around for 6 months just pining and waiting for you. You may be all that and a bag of chips, but honey, you really ought to focus on yourself. Being a part of something is nice but you're obviously still very young with a lot of time left before you settle down. Just focus on your studies and treating others with respect. "Getting rid of ex" is not doing the latter.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:46 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,845,276 times
Quote:

I've got nothing.
When I wanted to get rid of my couch I put an ad on craigslist. Perhaps that's applicable here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships