Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times

Advertisements

Eh, she'll get over it and life will go on.

Being able to break up with people who you realize youre not compatible with is a good skill to have I think. Be prepared for a "why did you delete me?" question though, just hold your position, and don't fall for guilt unless you want to do this all over again later.

Just remember she may be offended or hurt, but that's part of life and in all reality she's probably experienced worse in the past. She'll bounce back and hopefully be less annoying to her next friend.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:09 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleBug View Post
What is that supposed to mean?

It may be facebook - but people do actually have real feelings. fyi. Yes I have been deleted by people before - sometimes it hurts.
You're serious? Honey....it's FACEBOOK. I thought you were talking about telling her you no longer wished to be friends...and you are just talking about FB? Wow. Delete her already. And stop worrying about hurt feelings over an online social site. If they are old enough to be online, they should be old enough to deal with it.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
You're old enough to be married?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 AM

499 posts, read 891,860 times
yes, it's too long

easiest way: delete your fb account

Old 01-05-2012, 06:42 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Wow is this for real?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Just delete her gawd it's face-book for crying out loud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
You're old enough to be married?
What can I say except I'm astonished that you can't grasp the sheer irony of the first two quoted responses and I echo the question posed in the third. And I have another - do spouses in general REALLY discuss with each the pros and cons of deleting people on FB?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:56 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
What can I say except I'm astonished that you can't grasp the sheer irony of the first two quoted responses and I echo the question posed in the third. And I have another - do spouses in general REALLY discuss with each the pros and cons of deleting people on FB?
Haha. My wife and I had a brief conversation about it once. I said I'm sick of a mutual friends stupid posts and comments, and that I was going to delete her. My wife agreed with being annoyed by her, but insisted on keeping her on hers. A few months later she's mentioning getting rid of her on her account.

Never knew people took it as something to get hurt or upset over..

Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 AM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Well, now the OP just needs to go ahead and block her so that she can't even see her page at all to know the unfriending occurred.

/smooth.

Hurry hurry hurry, before she checks her facebook!

Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
I have realized as I have aged that anyone who I find is draining me of my energy, is taking way too much of my time, even mentally, is out of my life.

Ask yourself... Is this person enhancing your life? Does she give back, not only take? Most importantly... Is this someone whom you would feel you could go to if you really had a problem and needed to talk and have someone REALLY listen to you?

That last one is ALWAYS the clincher for me.

Good luck.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:40 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
The problem is totally with you and not with your friend and your problem is being a weakling in this instance. No one can take advantage of a person without your permission. I can't imagine not immediately unfriending her... this is Facebook here, not reality! Don't accept or return her calls, problem solved. Move on with your life.

Why on earth would you feel "guilty" about this? You describe a boring, clinging, rude person. Who would want a friend like this? So your husband tells you to "give her another chance," so what? She was your friend, not his. Feeling guilty about something so inconsequential is unusual, to say the least.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
I don't think you have to actively delete her from your life. Just do it passively. When she contact you about doing something like giving her a ride somewhere, tell her you would "love to help out, but just can't" because you are busy. If she messages you on facebook, ignore it. Or message back something like... "Can't chat now, have to run".

Just stop RESPONDING to her and sooner or later she'll get the point. Do things with other people. You don't have to be mean or rude or even say anything about it to her. Just start doing things with other people.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships