Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you engage in any aspect of the BDSM lifestyle on a regular basis?
Yes 13 17.33%
No 62 82.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Without going into the little details, shivers got sent down my spine. Let's just say people who indulge in this or carry this lifestyle on are mentally deranged people and can never fit into a normal relationship.

Worse is when some of these same women/men who come out of such abnormal dealings and start seeing new men and women and bring those complexities into the lives of newer, unsuspecting people.

How does one verify if a person you are getting involved with did not have a shady past? How can I know if the women I am dating now were never involved in creepy bondage stuff? Is it something one can ask without eyebrows being raised?
The first paragraph is your opinion and I won't argue with it.

Men and women who come out of these dealings go onto other types of the same relationship if it is what they honestly enjoy. I wouldn't dream of forcing my kink on anyone who wasn't interested.

We verify by word of mouth. If you get labeled as a prick of a Dom or a disobedient Sub who likes to top from the bottom it will be ALOT harder to pair up with someone else in the community. We have zero tolerance for abusers! Myself included.

If you can't trust your women to be honest with you about their sexual past then there is an entirely different problem you are having. Trust issues are relationship death.

I can't speak for everyone else but sex should be discussed up front knowing the kinds of things that I like. I wouldn't want to waste my time and lead a man on only to find out that I have no hope of being sexually satisfied by them.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
I have a question(s). How do you have time and commitment for school, work, and hobbies if you're at the beck and call of another? Or is it beckon? I don't know!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:23 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yikes...I easily could have lived my life without knowing ANY of this!!
She hasn't shared the details, really, you don't want to know.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Personally. I don't understand the need to know thing going on here.

The last thread posted on the topic by the OP included details of the practice I can't comprehend living, let alone on a daily basis.

The practice falls under philia in the DSM.
Do you mean to imply that I somehow get a thrill by posting these topics to those who are not in the lifestyle? No I do not.

I came here seeking advice on a personal matter because we are a well known couple in the BDSM world and I didn't feel like I could talk to those in my community about my specific problem without fear of rejection so I came here.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,301 times
What is sub who tops from the bottom? Someone who undermines the Sir?

And what is your specific problem referred to above?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yikes...I easily could have lived my life without knowing ANY of this!!
That is ok. This thread is not for you then. I expect that everyone can take or leave this thread accordingly and not make a big fuss and have the thing devolve into personal attacks.

If you wish to give your view that you do not like the style as relating to my opening topic then please feel free but let's keep this thread on track.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I have a question(s). How do you have time and commitment for school, work, and hobbies if you're at the beck and call of another? Or is it beckon? I don't know!
We have a contract and a prearranged agreement that sets these things in stone.

I have already gone through school. I am a certified TESOL teacher. I teach English to Korean students online. That way I never have to leave home.

As for hobbies I guess you could say that I live them on a daily basis but as for more mundane things like my love of pro wrestling and my interest in politics we have arrangements for those things too.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
What is sub who tops from the bottom? Someone who undermines the Sir?

And what is your specific problem referred to above?
A Sub who tops from the bottom is a Sub who enjoys being 'punished' and continually acts bossy and tried to tick off their Dom so they can be punished when they want. It is highly frowned upon and grounds for immediate dismissal.

My specific problem was wanting to have sex with a long time lady friend of mine and having to address that problem with my Sir considering that we are under a prearranged contractual agreement. I never want to tick off my Sir and this was a big issue.

The thread can be viewed by looking up my username in the search.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Do you mean to imply that I somehow get a thrill by posting these topics to those who are not in the lifestyle? No I do not.

I came here seeking advice on a personal matter because we are a well known couple in the BDSM world and I didn't feel like I could talk to those in my community about my specific problem without fear of rejection so I came here.

I've implied nothing other than my personal distaste, but I'm long over the shock.

You've handled this thread appropriately. We both know the details of the last thread and agree it should not be a repeat. The vanilla forum here can't handle it.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
We have a contract and a prearranged agreement that sets these things in stone.

I have already gone through school. I am a certified TESOL teacher. I teach English to Korean students online. That way I never have to leave home.

As for hobbies I guess you could say that I live them on a daily basis but as for more mundane things like my love of pro wrestling and my interest in politics we have arrangements for those things too.
Thanks for answering. I saw in another post that you were married at 18. I'm guessing this arrangement surfaced during the marriage, or did your husband and you start working it out prior to the marriage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships