Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times

Advertisements

Yep, last night I finally nutted up and asked out this girl I'm interested in. I've "asked out" girls before but it's usually something like: "hey we should hang out and get lunch," not very indicative of romantic interest. This was a bonafide proposal for a date.

I called her in the afternoon and she didn't pick up so I let the ball be in her court and waited for her response. While at dinner with a friend I got a text from her saying hey, what's up, we should hang out. So I call her back a few minutes later after we left and asked her out for Saturday. She said she was busy.

BUT. She didn't end it there. She offered another time, next week, and we settled on Wednesday. I figure I'll contact her on like Sunday or Monday to hammer out the details.

Best part was that my two female roommates (I was hanging out with them and one's boyfriend last night) both thought it was sweet and a nice touch that I actually called to set it up, since in their experience most guys my age just text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Awwwwyeeeah!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Yay! It sounds like she's interested, and I hope it works out for you.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yep, last night I finally nutted up and asked out this girl I'm interested in. I've "asked out" girls before but it's usually something like: "hey we should hang out and get lunch," not very indicative of romantic interest. This was a bonafide proposal for a date.

I called her in the afternoon and she didn't pick up so I let the ball be in her court and waited for her response. While at dinner with a friend I got a text from her saying hey, what's up, we should hang out. So I call her back a few minutes later after we left and asked her out for Saturday. She said she was busy.

BUT. She didn't end it there. She offered another time, next week, and we settled on Wednesday. I figure I'll contact her on like Sunday or Monday to hammer out the details.
Yey! See? Girls don't bite...

that much!

Quote:
Best part was that my two female roommates (I was hanging out with them and one's boyfriend last night) both thought it was sweet and a nice touch that I actually called to set it up, since in their experience most guys my age just text
Guess common sense and courtesy are so extinct, they became novelties!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Thanks y'all. Yeah, I figured she was interested when she texted me "Hey! Are you in town? Let's hang out!" first time a girl's done that lol. I admit I started overanalyzing the way she said "uhm" after I suggested we see each other on Wednesday, but my roomies both said that if they weren't interested then they simply would have said they were busy and left it at that.

@Sierra I'm glad my dad raised me right with regards to that lol.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 PM

674 posts, read 1,161,540 times
Quote:

Good job man, stick with what feels right and do what you would naturally do. If you believe yourself to be a well-rounded, respectful, decent guy with a legitimate interest in a relationship, then doing what fits your profile will eventually lead to someone who appreciates those qualities that are naturally you.

All it takes is one.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:53 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Hurray!! Great job there my friend Hurri!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:

Great stuff! This will become your standard operating procedure from now on and I predict growing confidence and success for you on the dating front.

Now do youself a favor and CALL, don't TEXT to confirm the details.

Here's a little secret. Hearing your VOICE taps into a sense that texting does not. And your dating experience will be enhanced by engaging all five of the woman's senses--we are very sensitive creatures!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 PM

521 posts, read 860,039 times
You said you usually say this:

Quote:
. . ."hey we should hang out and get lunch," not very indicative of romantic interest.
Then you said she sent you this:

Quote:
. . .a text from her saying hey, what's up, we should hang out.
I wouldn't get my hopes up, brother.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 PM

526 posts, read 955,256 times
Kudos to you for calling and not texting! Girls like to hear a guy's voice. Have fun on your date!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships