Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Hey Robyn, it does sound fishy, but is there any chance that this might be good intead of bad if it really got moved? Maybe make TJ look bad in that he pulled this on you? I'm going to believe that "What satan means for bad, God will work for your good!" Do what you have to do just in case TJ is lying, but believe for the BEST my dear sister!!!

More cyber hugs :-)

~HDL~
If it got moved...who even knows if I can go now? With all of this at work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 07:20 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Robyn, This just isn't right. I mean maybe they really *did* allow him to reschedule mediation, but it all sounds very odd. I'm beginning to accept that there are some real idiots out there in human services.

I'm glad you left a message for the mediators. If you don't hear otherwise early tomorrow, go to the scheduled meeting.

TJ doesn't know your number at work???!!?? Yep. It's tough to look up the phone number of a medical practice in the phone book.

Get a cheap answering machine and give the number and your work number to the court, your attorney, and the school....at least until you can get a cell phone in your name.

Let us know what you find out. It really sounds weird. I hope one of the other regular posters here will chime (no pun intended) in about their experience.

I will be on and off here tomorrow through Sunday. Wedding this weekend.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Robyn, one person can change mediation, and TJ probably used the fact that you don't have a cell phone to be reached at as a reason for the mediator to say "go ahead and tell her". Call mediator in the morning, most places open at 8am.

One thing, is this mediation in court, or friend of the court? Or is it mediation in a regular attorney's office. Reason I ask is if it is in court, then for TJ to cancel would be odd, but just in an office it could be done, just probably not looked upon very highly.

Use this to your advantage girl. Working on a truck is not reason enough to cancel a court ordered event.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Robyn, one person can change mediation, and TJ probably used the fact that you don't have a cell phone to be reached at as a reason for the mediator to say "go ahead and tell her". Call mediator in the morning, most places open at 8am.

One thing, is this mediation in court, or friend of the court? Or is it mediation in a regular attorney's office. Reason I ask is if it is in court, then for TJ to cancel would be odd, but just in an office it could be done, just probably not looked upon very highly.

Use this to your advantage girl. Working on a truck is not reason enough to cancel a court ordered event.
This mediation is in court.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I've never heard of anyone able to get something in family court cancelled because of something so silly. Furthermore, for the mediator to tell him to tell you? I hope you can play that message for them tomorrow if indeed mediation happens.

Regardless, address all of this with your attorney.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 PM

Sleep beckons.............

Goodnight my friends....until tomorrow.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:43 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
Then I don't believe him.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:03 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Oh Robyn- he is a control freak and this is the last shred of paltry power he thinks he has- just take it in stride and dont let him push your buttons- My stbx is like the clone of yours- they are immature and vindictive- Please read my newest post-

sunny

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 09-19-2007 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Love and good wishes tomorrow, Robyn. We'll all be there in spirit.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:05 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
This mediation is in court.
Robyn, I don't think he can do this. He's probably trying to get you to miss the date so YOU will look bad. If that's the case, then he's even stupider than I thought.

You be there at the appointed time, and just deal with things at work as they come along. Work cannot trump what you have to do for you and your family. If they try, then they are almost as bad as TJ. Taking away your vacation, manipulating your schedule, and all the while knowing what you are going through. But, you have to take it one day at a time.

If he WAS successful about changing the mediation date, it's because he's trying to buy more time to jerk with you. He feels inadequate right now, and probably thinks there is some small chance he can harass you enough that he can get back together (he's stupid). Or, he thinks he can mess with your head enough to try and hang a few more things on you at the mediation. You see, he thinks of this as a confrontational event, and that's where he's wrong. He's going to go in there making claims about this and that, and that will not set well with the mediators.

But do show up for the mediation today Robyn. I think he's really grasping at straws here, but I could be wrong. How one can change a court appointed date because he has to "work on his truck" is beyond me. How ONE person can change a court appointed mediation at the last minute and the other person NOT be notified is ridiculous. If it's possible, it makes me wonder about Virginia and their laws.

Be well Robyn, and God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships