Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
Even as I write this I know it will take awhile for you to know this in your heart - but your children will be fine. This is the best time for the change - school is starting and they can be away from all of the "home" stuff and do their own thing - take the mental break. Kids are strong and smart and "get it" in a way that adults usually don't give them credit for. Your daughter may miss her father - and I know it sucks - but stay strong. Remember - his relationship with his children is his responsibility and they will have to figure it out - but don't be afraid to stand up for what you know is right - just because he's their father does not mean he has the right to do whatever he wants! Don't talk bad about him - just be honest - they know how much he hurts you - but make it okay for them to love him too. It sounds like your daughter is young - mine was 1 when I left her father - she's 12 now and is still dealing with him being controlling and mentally abusive - but she handles it - be glad that your daughter is not a teen yet. It sounds like your son is amazing - keep him close and you'll be okay and so will he.
It's scary and late at night you will second guess everything - don't get down on yourself when it seems so hard - just take it day by day - in a few years you will be proud of yourself and you will have given your children the best lesson in the world - how to take care of yourself!!!
Good job Robyn. You are an amazing mom.
Fortunately, I AM able to rep I Love The Bears! Good job my friend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 09:00 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Hello Robyn All the important stuff has already been posted by others, but let me just chime in to say I'm still praying and lighting candles for you and the children...

Little by little it's all coming together, and you do and Will Have the strength and wisdom you need....

Last edited by Macrina; 09-04-2007 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: can't spell...

Old 09-04-2007, 01:16 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Sending love and support your way Robyn!!! As always, great posts and advice B4 me, so nothing else needs to be said!

Hugs,

~HDL~

Old 09-04-2007, 02:02 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Home from my half day. I picked Lindsay up from school so they wouldn't send her home on the wrong bus. Also, I had to take her to get her Tdap shot. Got another key made to the house.

I ran into Alexanders English teacher from last year! From his last school! She grabbed me and she had seen him by chance in the hall and pulled up his record. She is switching his schedule around so he will be in the gifted program. They had not done that.

Another child from the gifted program goes to this school, so he already knows someone.

Lindsay is in a class with Cs daughter...YAY! She said m asked me if I would go to her house for a sleep over...OMG

never invited to anything in her life, never able to invite anyone to anything ever in her life. Ate lunch with m and Ms friend. Normally she eats in seclusion. YAY!

I am so tired. I am not afraid at night in this house. Alone, without him. I have not slept with him in so long, and even when we were in the same bed, I slept so far to the edge, I could not tell he was there.

I woke up before the alarm today. Everything went smoothly, except for Lindsays school bus issue.... transportation knows i have them on speed dial...LOL.

At night, I go around down stairs and turn off all the lights, turn on the front and back porch lights, lock the doors, and head up the stairs. This house is our home, so warm and welcoming...with all of the boxes everywhere, but we are making progress.

I get to the top of the stairs, and I am just supposed to be here. For me, a strange feeling, one i will have to get used to. But after being in the house of chimes, or even just being here looking around, or just bringing a few things over...then going to the house of schackles and chains....at that place....it feels empty and evil. I come here and I am embraced.

I will have to get used to that. I am slowly. I think the kids are taking naps. They went to bed so late last night. Stretching the last bit of summer as far as they could. I felt bad, because we were moving, and they had to work.

I am so happy, that Alexanders teacher from his old school is there...you just don't know. he was so anxious about today, and it wasn't so bad. He worries, like me.

Lindsay...today was great for her. I could tell, even though she had to get a shot!

I did not go to therapy today. I would have run the risk of the bus taking Lindsay to Jims house. Even though I talked to a woman this morning about it all, in person....as well as did the same thing sev weeks ago...the info still had not been changed or added.

Jim said my couch is in the carport. I have asked my cousin they can help...I am thinking doubtful. I asked T at work if her dh can help, will see what happens there...

I have noticed some people I have never seen before...Hello!!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:43 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I am sending good wishes and thoughts your way Robyn. I hope that your cousin can help rescuing your sofa! We all LOVE you!

((((((BIG hugs to Robyn)))))))

Old 09-04-2007, 02:56 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Smile Isn't it amazing....

Robyn, it's so wonderful to hear the peace and joy of your posting ~ started to say, "in your voice" and I guess that is really OK, too, as your writing does have a special quality and 'voice'.

I know we are all so thankful for what we see happening in yours and the children's lives. It's such a major step to have broken free of the abusiveness, anger, and cruelty in which you've lived for all this time.

So we look on (because you've invited us into a part of your life) with joy and thanksgiving and LOL, all kinds of advice!! I'll say you are very patient with us all. . .

Old 09-04-2007, 04:27 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Oh my how things change and it may not seem so, but I think to us it happened quickly. But you are through the worst of the pain, so you can concentrate on being HAPPY!! That word is in your vocabulary now. How awsome is that??

You just keep on truckin girlfriend!!

Old 09-04-2007, 04:37 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
It's scary and late at night you will second guess everything - don't get down on yourself when it seems so hard - just take it day by day - in a few years you will be proud of yourself and you will have given your children the best lesson in the world - how to take care of yourself!!!
Good job Robyn. You are an amazing mom.
The entire post is right on- but these are the words to etch on your heart.

And Windchimes hit the nail on the head, as well.

I'm so very happy for you, Robyn!

Old 09-04-2007, 05:30 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,599 times
You are all such great supportive friends to Robyn ~ I'm just so proud of you all! I'm stuck in an airport, and have 5min on this computer ~
Robyn, Windchimes & I love the Bears (Hi!) wrote such fabulous posts today ~ I couldn't add anything more ~ you lucky guys have a nite off from reading my ramblings!

Old 09-04-2007, 06:41 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Things are moving forward in a positive way just as you deserve. Have you found a way to get the sofa moved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships