Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 07:52 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Hey ILTB. I will get a crockpot soon, I know 1step foward, and 2 back..;(

I make the kids lunch every single day. I need to go to bed. Poor Alexander, he is sick, and I have no idea where he has packed away his nebulizer. He is not wheezing yet, but within a few days he will be, so will find it soon. Have his rescue inhaler.

S*O*B IB DA TJ got him sick, Lindsay is better now, of course, if he needs drs care, well, it is just my responsibility, because it is during the week.

OH ! Just thought of a solution...OH SNAP! YAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 07:55 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,599 times
Forgive me for this Robyn...
Your niece and her three children might live with you?
Will she work?
where will the extra money come from for expenses?
Does she have a car?
Is she a good mother? OR will it be four more dependents for you to monitor?

It would be good for you to have some adult company, and I believe in helping family, but I don't think it's the best time for you to extend yourself in any way...won't this be a tough transition at this time? You don't want anything to reflect badly on you, now that you are going to court for custody.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsV View Post
Forgive me for this Robyn...
Your niece and her three children might live with you?
Will she work?
where will the extra money come from for expenses?
Does she have a car?
Is she a good mother? OR will it be four more dependents for you to monitor?

It would be good for you to have some adult company, and I believe in helping family, but I don't think it's the best time for you to extend yourself in any way...won't this be a tough transition at this time? You don't want anything to reflect badly on you, now that you are going to court for custody.
Hi MsV, I said I was going to bed didn't I? No, it wouldn't be 4 more dependants, they would be paying. She is a wonderful mother to her children. It is the father...

I dont know what i am doing. My sister asked me about it, and I am not exactly sure that her dd knows it..

She is a good girl, takes care of her kids, works, but I am not thinking that if she came here she would be working. I am thinking that from what my siter is saying, SHE would be paying her way.

Doesn't matter, the niece will probably say no, continue to live in a 2 bdrm house w the father of her 2 kids(not the firstborns father) and his parents, and be in misery.

She has her own car, my sister gave it to her.

My sister has offered up so many things to her, if only she would get away. College, so much, pay for the kids day care, while they all live w her, etc.

i dont know. Something that will probably never happen, because myniece is dependant upon this young man, who has no job, is like TJ in the emotionally and verbally abusive sense, and you know, maybe it wont take her 12 years like it took me. He is an idiot.

My feelings toward him are probably exactly like my familys' feelings are towards TJ.

Its jamatime... one day, she will break free, when she feels strong and safe. She is a very sensitive person. Very emotional. I lived with her mother for a long time while she was coming up. before that, when she was only a baby, her mother lived at my mom and dads house with us, and her 2 kids.

I think about it, and she is alot like me. She had her children very young, and is probably very insecure in her position, but cannot see that he is bad for her.

I dont know. With that last statement, it could be that her being here could be bad for us, because of Him. her boyfriend.

Good night... h2u

Old 09-23-2007, 08:16 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Snaps to MsV's post. A 23 YO with three kids who picks the wrong men is the same as your former neighbor. Later on- maybe, Now- not! You need to focus on your situation and under the best of circumstances, having three kids around would take some attention from your own. You need to focus all of your attention on your family now.

Love the idea of doing laundry at a friend's place over coffee. The benefits far exceed getting laundry done. Dishing with a sistah and all....

What would Wonder Woman do? I love you Robyn! You have such a great way of analyizing things..... RE: IB.... Wonder Woman would take his first call of the week, let him go on and when he stops, tell him to have his attorney speak to your attorney. click...

Old 09-24-2007, 04:23 AM

Good Morning!

Hi HIF! Laundry at a friends place...hmm...I need a washer, that was typed in such a whine. Yep I sat here for a minute, pausing, and thinking, ok, I have what I think I should do, I have my advise from my friends, I try to mesh it together...hmm

WHAT WOULD WONDER WOMAN DO? If I were a man, I would ask, What would Linda carter do, but I am not, so I didn't...

Once again, from yesterday, the kids came home with a totally different attitude. Its like they had to let out what they had been holding in so tightly for a couple of days, and it was almost unbearable.

ALexander doesn't sound AS bad, but he is sick.

They just scream and yell at eachother, at me, and have generally no respect. They get upset at the least little thing, and I know they had to be perfection over at his house, because he would not have put up with anything else.

I just hope they dont take it to school. At least they had some time to let it out, geez, they shouldn't have to be this way. It shouldn't have to be this way. If they are upset about something, they should be able to voice it in front of him. They should not have their feelings all bottled up like this to the point of explosion when they get here.

When they get here, it is far past, you did this and it made me upset, it is a screaming match over nothing, over and over, lasting forever, and I have to let them know, once again, respect in this house, then where do all these feelings go?

I feel like the bad guy.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:38 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Robyn, I don't recommend bringing in the niece and her children- it won't sit well with the courts and will leave open to question stability and the amount of attention your own kids will get. Just gives TJ-IB-DA-SOB-DH something else to question.

And I agree with the poster who said that you are probably tired of us weighing in- and she was correct in that we just want to carry you through this- even though realistically we know you have to walk this on your own.

I hope you have a great day!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:57 AM

283 posts, read 524,183 times
You're not being the bad guy, you're being the parent lol Maybe try sitting them down and talking it out. Letting them know that if they can't respect and talk to each other nicely, that they can go to their rooms, compose their thoughts and try it again? It's confusing to them as well, i.e. the situation at church with L girl. That is not a place for TJ to try and show his manipulative side. So what if she wants to sit with you, you're her mother, she missed you. I know you like your church family, but maybe try one closer to home, so you won't keep "running into" TJ? At least for now. Do you honestly think that he's finally found religion and wants to experience it? McFLY!!!!!! He's putting on a pretty show so he can go to court and say he takes his kids to church. (rolling eyes) sounds like a couple of recent celebrities.

Gosh, what a cynic I am <eg>

Old 09-24-2007, 04:59 AM

It is the one place they know that has not changed, and he usually has them on Sundays...If I change churches, I may not see them, and I wont know they are even going, and...lindsay is soon to be Baptized.

Oh he makes his faces there too...

Old 09-24-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
It is the one place they know that has not changed, and he usually has them on Sundays...If I change churches, I may not see them, and I wont know they are even going, and...lindsay is soon to be Baptized.

Oh he makes his faces there too...
I know hun. A couple of Sundays while things cool down, is not a bad thing. You can always tell the kids that you'd like to maybe try a church closer to home, get to know some more of the people in your community. They are more adaptable than we give them credit for sometime. And God doesn't care what church you go to, it's what's in your heart.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:08 AM

LOL and he better be careful about those faces......it may stay that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships