Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 02:07 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,766,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
You'll be fine - don't sweat the small stuff.....I personally stopped sending clothes when he didn't send them back and I told him if he didn't like it he could take me to court ad we'll explain that he was stealing from his own children - but that if he chose to take the children then he had better properly clothe them or I would report him to child services for abuse. Being another ib - he bought clothes because once I stood up to him he didn't know what to do. Hang in there Robyn - it's only anohter 6 weeks - you dealt with him all this time - what's a few more weeks in the 5 year plan....
Love the Bears....what a great reservoir of experience you have, tho I'm thinking it might have been painful and uncertain at the time.

But ya....let's hear it for Robyn's 5 Year Plan....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 06:22 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,526 times
I believe in a 1 year plan and a 5 year plan - sometimes working towards those goals gets me through the immediate angst, and keeps me focused.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:12 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
He brought the kids late and did not feed them. It was after 8 and they have had no dinner. WTG tjibda.

He didn't take them to church, talked to me about lindsay having a meltdown.

Whatever,.....I guess he had to deal with one of those not FUN parenting responsibilities. Poor thang. Sheesh.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:32 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
He brought the kids late and did not feed them. It was after 8 and they have had no dinner. WTG tjibda.

He didn't take them to church, talked to me about lindsay having a meltdown.

Whatever,.....I guess he had to deal with one of those not FUN parenting responsibilities. Poor thang. Sheesh.
Gosh, didn't he tell Lindsey about the rules? IB is for fun times, only....

Knowing that you were sick and not going to church....he does not take them. And bringing them back after 8pm on a school night with no dinner.

My, my... what a stupid IB he is. Is next weekend your weekend with the kids? A little normalcy, perhaps. Some ROUTINE...so their school work doesn't suffer.

The next six weeks will reveal much about his ability to be a positive influence on them. Prediction- the kids' teachers will see a pattern of Monday, Tuesday being rough days for the kids and then the rest of the week, they will level off.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:41 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Geesh! I can't rep anybody around here!!

Ditto HIF. You may hear from the teachers about the early school week and structure being tough for them.

Didn't feed them?!!? Write that one down!

Lindsay had a meltdown? Something must have stimmed that behavior. Did he offer any explanation? Whatever it was, I'm sure it wasn't his fault.

Hope you are feeling better, Robyn.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,124,953 times
No homework on weekends and no dinner until after 8 pm on Sunday. This needs to be recorded under "reasons to not give him the kids every weekend" & "why he shouldn't ever get custody".

Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,766,281 times
Thumbs up Absolutely agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
No homework on weekends and no dinner until after 8 pm on Sunday. This needs to be recorded under "reasons to not give him the kids every weekend" & "why he shouldn't ever get custody".
Sheesh indeed. Robyn, you have much rationale for asking for complete custody, and for only occasional, say once a month visitation for tjibda under monitored conditions. That pathetic excuse for a man is dangerous, mean, and totally untrustworthy. There. Just had to vent a bit. It gripes my soul that he would be so callous to the needs of his children and so uncaring. I'd say his 'true colours' are a wavin' in the breeze.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 AM

You guys are always so right on the money!

So, this morning...the kids are a bit...on the uncooperative side, but we knew that would happen, and you know, I cannot be upset about it.

I made them scrambled eggs, and was going to make english muffins but my toaster went caput! Not much on breakfast meats around here...the kids are, but I am not. He buys that thick bacon full of fat.

Lindsay just asked me why ALexander sounds mad. He was stomping up the stairs. I told him to finish his eggs and go back upstairs and put on some jeans...52 degrees outside. But I dont have any. I beg to differ..I washed clothes like a crazy person this weekend...LOL

stomp stomp stomp. Lindsay is faring pretty well this morning. A little groggy, but with proper manners, I just got a great big hug and kiss fr her. Always have to love that!

Alexander is def in a mood. Hopefully it will wear off over the time of the day, not sure.

Lindsay could not find her 'old' back pack. Which is really my messenger bag, so merge her stuff into her new one. Normally this would be cause for a 'meltdown' but I quickly helped her, it was undder the couch...eeek!

Alexander still up in his room moping. The cats still love me....Mollie kept me warm last night.

He has it in him not to be like tjibda, he SO has it in him. But that genetic make up is there. That horrible treatment is there. I worry. I have tried all these years to turn the kids in the other direction.

Now he argues over which jacket, he tries to wear one that is dirty, that does not fit, says the one I told him to wear does not fit, so, I gave him one that does! He was cool with that...good.

Lindsay on Saturday morning told me that her glasses were crooked, I fixed them best I could with my hands, but the tools they use at the eyeglas place are much more appropriate. I let her know that Daddy would have to take her, she would be w him all weekend.

Forever, this is something WE did on the weekend. Do you think they were adjusted? Nope...

Was looking for a crockpot yesterday...all they had were the $60 ones, I was thinking NOT! Now I need that and a toaster. LOL

Just looked at Lindsays jacket and the zipper pull is missing and it is too tight...grrr... LOL I did look at jackets yesterday, but I had to hurry up and get home, so I could meet them... Will look tomorrow...but I am thinking I have a resch appt tomorrow and it is at 1230 and I didn't tell my OM about it. It was resch fr 0904 and I couldn't go. hmm. I need to go, but after being sick on fri and calling in the fri before, I cannot.

What I need...is a new job!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
Robyn, it seems like you're adjusting to the upheavel in your life when the kids return.

My advice? Document, document, document.

You seem to be in a much better place this week- keep that wall up so you can just laugh at what IB says rather than let it hurt you. I think there's a job out there with your name on it- and it will come in time. Keep an eye on the paper and suck it up until it comes.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Robyn, it seems like you're adjusting to the upheavel in your life when the kids return.

My advice? Document, document, document.

You seem to be in a much better place this week- keep that wall up so you can just laugh at what IB says rather than let it hurt you. I think there's a job out there with your name on it- and it will come in time. Keep an eye on the paper and suck it up until it comes.

I think you are co-rrect! I need to figure out a chinese fortune for you... )) I am going to let it be a good day today (hopefully) inspite of some of the jerks at work. I think I will be called into the office...dunn dunn duuuuun..... but I will let them know I would like for the physician to be there as well, if they do.

Whatether! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships