Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,125,183 times

Advertisements

I agree with HIF, pirate girl & all about the wage garnishment.
But what happens with the medical expenses then, are the bills submitted to the state for collection, or is that totally handled aside from them by the ex's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
You are to send copies of everything to the non custodial parent and then they have a certain period of time - usually 30 days - to pay and then you send proof that they got it (signed for it - or proof that the mail lady gave enough notices - usually three) and then they will attach the amount to the monthly support order.
My order says that I have to wait the calendar year and then send everything in....

Old 10-17-2007, 04:25 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Default I got a call at work...

durig the ending of my lunch hour.

tjibda. Wanting to further discuss him paying me 100 less. He is calling me at work for this now. He tells me he has been leaving messages with the mediator, etc.

I tell him no, I cant do that, he says so you wanna play hard ball, do you? i say no, i just cant do that. he is like well I have bills, so do I, I say.

Then on top of that I have to pay YOU.

I say wait a minute. I am not living in the lap of luxury, and you are not paying ME, you are supporting your children.

Well, I cant afford it. Well, I have bills too. Well, I just wont pay anything until Nov 7.

That is your decision. I said the judge will decide at that time, if you feel like you dont need to pay...DONT!

Thats not how I feel, he says.

OH here we go...then he says..I have to buy Christmas presents, how am I supposed to do that? I say i do to, and guess what? You have my tree? What am I supposed to put them under.

Well, about that..I was going to give you the tree back and I really want to spend Christmas together as a family as a family, we can pool our money together for the Santa present, I said , before he mentioned this luducrous idea, and whose tree will it go under? I dont think so! Thats when he brought up merging the Holiday together.

No, I said.

Dont even rewind, you sure did read it right. Yea right, like he is gonna spend Christmas here with me...give me a break.

I kept on telling him I had to go, my lunch was over, and he kept on with you just dont understand, yea right.

I was overhead paged, one of the drs was calling me from the hospital. He said call me tonight.

I said

CLICK.

WHAT IN THE WORLD????? Oh, and I also told him that I didn't want the kids spending nights over at his sisters house with his mother.

He said he is only going to do that if he has to, then whined about a one bedroom costing 600....wah.

Ok, I had to post, and now i must cook!!! But I'll be back!

His crazy a$$

Old 10-17-2007, 04:47 PM

283 posts, read 524,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I wouldn't rule out getting the check through the state, even if a small fee is involved. How much will even one day out of work cost if she has to go to court to get back payment? How much is one late fee, if the money isn't there for a rent payment? And what is the freedom not to have to discuss financial issues with TJ worth?

I can't believe the fee would be that much. I'm sure all the answers to these questions may be found online, but taking the financial issues off the table will, IMO, pay for itself many times over. And, if there is a fee, I would see about having him pay that over and above child support.

Yeah, Robyn- throw it out the window....when you are driving through a mud puddle!
You're right HIF. I just had a couple of bad experiences through them, guess that's where my opinion came from. I haven't used them in years, so hopefully they got all they're issues ironed out.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Robyn, let the state collect- the $25 annual fee is well worth the investment rather than you having to miss work and hire a lawyer if he goes into arrears.

Look at it this way- if the money is being garnished from his wages, you will get the full amount due to you, directly.

If it's not and the ******* has to buy socks for A, he can likely pull a stunt and deduct that amount from your checks- which is against the law. But it will be up to you to refute those actions and it will cost you work time for filing, lawyers fees and more missed work for court.

That system is in place to protect you from that bullcrap so use it. If he quits his job or something and doesn't pay, the state will automatically step in to enforce the support order and you will have to do nothing.

It will also prevent him from using checks and financial discussions as a means to harass you. No interaction will be necessary and he wont' be able to threaten to hold money back or negotiate (have dinner with me and I'll bring your check). It's out of your hands and it's out of his hands.

And if he pulls any funny business and tries to make you feel bad for enforcing the support order, it's out of your hands and at the discretion of the state. Even less reason for him to bully you.

I know you get tired of us advising you sometimes but this is very important and may save you a lot of heartache in the long run.
You all are bringing up some very valid points....i'm going to the **** corner now lol

Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
What's a **** corner? Why do you need to go there?

Carol, we all have opinions and reactions to our own personal experiences. Nothing wrong with that. That's how we get more info and learn.

There isn't a one-size-fits-all for these situations, but each person is better off being given info. The individual can make personal choices which work for them. Your opinion and experience is valid and important!

Robyn, The holidays are a bad time for this stuff. Jim is going to see that a soft spot. I figured he'd start, but I didn't think he'd start this early. You may not get everything you want, but take everything the courts give you. Ask for more than you expect.

So, he says he can't support his kids? It's up to you to tell him how to manage Christmas gifts?!?! He really is a maaarrroooooon!!!

You are showing more strength every day!! You are seeing things for what they are. You go, Girl!!! (((Robyn and kids)))

Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
What's a **** corner? Why do you need to go there?

Carol, we all have opinions and reactions to our own personal experiences. Nothing wrong with that. That's how we get more info and learn.

There isn't a one-size-fits-all for these situations, but each person is better off being given info. The individual can make personal choices which work for them. Your opinion and experience is valid and important!

Robyn, The holidays are a bad time for this stuff. Jim is going to see that a soft spot. I figured he'd start, but I didn't think he'd start this early. You may not get everything you want, but take everything the courts give you. Ask for more than you expect.

So, he says he can't support his kids? It's up to you to tell him how to manage Christmas gifts?!?! He really is a maaarrroooooon!!!

You are showing more strength every day!! You are seeing things for what they are. You go, Girl!!! (((Robyn and kids)))
I wanna know what that corner is too... **** hmm
Somebody took Frank upstairs? heehee I have no clue.

Holidays. Well. He will just have to do what he can do. I have already started buying stuff as I go along... I used to do lay away, but they stopped doing that at Wally World anymore, so now, I get stuff here and there. Being that I am over here in the lap and all... Sheah!

And monkeys might fly out of my butt. Ok, Only if you saw Waynes World will you get that. I said it at work today.... it just slipped out.

Oh, on the way home, the radio station I listen to said that there was a study done that if you swear at work you will be less stressed.

That was just cracking me up, because when I am at lunch, I usually go last, me and T, and her dr... he is always talking about what if we just cussed all day long, or what if we talked in another accent, like Chinese, or Indian.

Oh I was cracking up... I had to call kalo on that... she thought I had lost it.

Wondering if anyone caught my post from this am about A? Little Mr Illegal Immigrant man.

He says we need to watch the Arizona border, everyone knows they are coming in through texas, need to keep an eye on Arizona.

Gonna go get my jamas on. A is up for the shower first tonight. I suspect da will be calling at any time now. what a PITA

Old 10-17-2007, 05:56 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Robyn-

I am going to nominate this as best post. You are so dam@ed strong- YOU GO! So no TJ coming in dressed as Santa, then?!

And Kalo- get out of the **** corner! I wasn't saying that it would be wrong to not go through the state, just that, depending on the cost, it might be money well spent.

So GTF out of that corner, girl! Can't wait to meet you at the Robynpalooza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
durig the ending of my lunch hour.

tjibda. Wanting to further discuss him paying me 100 less. He is calling me at work for this now. He tells me he has been leaving messages with the mediator, etc.

I tell him no, I cant do that, he says so you wanna play hard ball, do you? i say no, i just cant do that. he is like well I have bills, so do I, I say.

Then on top of that I have to pay YOU.

I say wait a minute. I am not living in the lap of luxury, and you are not paying ME, you are supporting your children.

Well, I cant afford it. Well, I have bills too. Well, I just wont pay anything until Nov 7.

That is your decision. I said the judge will decide at that time, if you feel like you dont need to pay...DONT!

Thats not how I feel, he says.

OH here we go...then he says..I have to buy Christmas presents, how am I supposed to do that? I say i do to, and guess what? You have my tree? What am I supposed to put them under.

Well, about that..I was going to give you the tree back and I really want to spend Christmas together as a family as a family, we can pool our money together for the Santa present, I said , before he mentioned this luducrous idea, and whose tree will it go under? I dont think so! Thats when he brought up merging the Holiday together.

No, I said.

Dont even rewind, you sure did read it right. Yea right, like he is gonna spend Christmas here with me...give me a break.

I kept on telling him I had to go, my lunch was over, and he kept on with you just dont understand, yea right.

I was overhead paged, one of the drs was calling me from the hospital. He said call me tonight.

I said

CLICK.

WHAT IN THE WORLD????? Oh, and I also told him that I didn't want the kids spending nights over at his sisters house with his mother.

He said he is only going to do that if he has to, then whined about a one bedroom costing 600....wah.

Ok, I had to post, and now i must cook!!! But I'll be back!

His crazy a$$

Old 10-17-2007, 05:59 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Wondering if anyone caught my post from this am about A? Little Mr Illegal Immigrant man.

He says we need to watch the Arizona border, everyone knows they are coming in through texas, need to keep an eye on Arizona.
I will have to go back and read that post.... don't want to get this thread OT, but if "they" are gone....is A okay with picking produce and cleaning toilets?

Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Robyn-

I am going to nominate this as best post. You are so dam@ed strong- YOU GO! So no TJ coming in dressed as Santa, then?!

And Kalo- get out of the **** corner! I wasn't saying that it would be wrong to not go through the state, just that, depending on the cost, it might be money well spent.

So GTF out of that corner, girl! Can't wait to meet you at the Robynpalooza!
Oh God, you guys make me laugh even when I'm so tired!
FDHKSGKJDK dressed in a Santa suit ROFL. Bet Santa only brings him coal for his stocking

We're gonna have to have Robynpalooza at my house so Syn can park his aeroplane in the field across the street lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships