Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:44 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times

Advertisements

What does he do for a living? Assuming it is a demanding job, I can understand that he can't afford the lost time and concentration with chats with his honey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,150,927 times
Well he's got triplets for crying out loud...

Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,000 times
One more thing about this post... several women have advised "follow your gut" ... I'm sorry but this is hooey. Your gut is connected to your heart which is connected to your vagina (bear with me). So lust and affection will win out.

Lord knows the country is full of women with kids who trusted their guts and the man left and/or became a complete A-hole. Women's intuition (same thing) is a myth.

[see also, oxytocin]

Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 AM

20 posts, read 13,513 times
He is a manager. I don't think he usually works from home. I never seen him work at home but I know his job is demanding while he is at work.

Last edited by Miss1979; 01-06-2012 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-06-2012, 10:59 AM

The triplets are great. I do like the relationship he has with them. They are wonderful kids.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM

475 posts, read 1,370,432 times
I feel these new tethers have created a quantity over quality society in which everyone is fufilling a "job" just staying in touch, but it's impersonal. Once a week conversation doesn't seem like much to ask.

If you go in with eyes open, it is what it is and it might work for that. In some relationships, people aren't going to change too much; roles are establlished, rules are followed and it's set and it will not evolve. You balance your opportunity for some type of fufillment vs finding someone that might line up more with your need for real affection. Asking an unaffectionate person to be otherwise, is really asking them to be fake isn't it? And it will eventually get tiring to them. But really, if you want to stir it up, why not just have the conversation about "us"?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peet111 View Post
I feel these new tethers have created a quantity over quality society in which everyone is fufilling a "job" just staying in touch, but it's impersonal. Once a week conversation doesn't seem like much to ask.

If you go in with eyes open, it is what it is and it might work for that. In some relationships, people aren't going to change too much; roles are establlished, rules are followed and it's set and it will not evolve. You balance your opportunity for some type of fufillment vs finding someone that might line up more with your need for real affection. Asking an unaffectionate person to be otherwise, is really asking them to be fake isn't it? And it will eventually get tiring to them. But really, if you want to stir it up, why not just have the conversation about "us"?
When I try to have a conversation about us he says he gives me quality time and texting is enough. I guess the bottom line is he is not that into me or else he would do what it takes within reason to keep me. I told him it hurts my feelings to be dating someone that won't call me.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,150,927 times
No offense OP, I'm still stuck on the anal penetrating thing. To answer your question, its 50/50 at this point. There's just things that make me pause...

Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 AM

526 posts, read 954,975 times
If I were you, I'd drop him. To me is important to hear my man's voice. I like texting but that's not enough to get your thoughts/feelings across. Affection is HUGE for me and a deal breaker. I couldn't be with someone who won't cuddle and/or hold hands. The bottom line is that your needs are not being met, and that should tell you righ there that this is not worth pursuing, IMHO. The longer you stay, the harder it would be to leave him. Do you want a family of your own? He already has 3 kids, so you need to think about that before you get yourself deeper in the hole. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
If I were you, I'd drop him. To me is important to hear my man's voice. I like texting but that's not enough to get your thoughts/feelings across. Affection is HUGE for me and a deal breaker. I couldn't be with someone who won't cuddle and/or hold hands. The bottom line is that your needs are not being met, and that should tell you righ there that this is not worth pursuing, IMHO. The longer you stay, the harder it would be to leave him. Do you want a family of your own? He already has 3 kids, so you need to think about that before you get yourself deeper in the hole. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thanks for yor input. I do want a family but I am more than happy to have step children. I have a great relationship with my step parents. He knows I would like that experience that one day. We may just be at different stages. He was divorced 1 1/2 yrs ago and I never been married. I have hope of long lasting love and no fears and I feel he is cautious. His says he wants the relationship but maybe he doesn't with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships