Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:47 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,397,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
AC, she did you a favor by sparing you exposure to particle droplet infection.

If a guy cancels a date with me because he's got more snot in his sinus cavities than the Great Lakes have water, I consider it a good day.

Wash your hands, eat an orange, and catch up with her when she feels better.
Particle droplet infection? Is that real? Cuz the other day I had some really, really bad allergies and my friend who met me for supper didn't want to so much as breathe the same air as me. It was so funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 02:58 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,245,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Particle droplet infection? Is that real? Cuz the other day I had some really, really bad allergies and my friend who met me for supper didn't want to so much as breathe the same air as me. It was so funny.
That's how colds and other pathogens spread. Someone sneezes or coughs, it gets into the air and either someone else inhales it or it lands on something, someone comes along and touches the contaminated surface, and then rubs his or her eyes. That's why public transportation is a petri dish of illness.

[URL="http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/droplet+infection"]droplet infection - definition of droplet infection in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.[/URL]

Allergies are not contagious, but it's still a good idea for those of us who suffer them to take the appropriate meds, sneeze into tissues that are then discarded (not hands unless you carry a hand sanitizer or are near soap and water), and in general keep our mucous to ourselves. It takes colds and other infections a few days to produce symptoms, so even if you feel great and just think the runny nose is from allergies, you could still be harboring a cold virus that you won't know about for a few days yet.

I feel your pain, though. If I don't take something like Claritin-D, I'm miserable 9 months of the year, from cut grass to ragweed. The only time my allergies don't bother me is when it snows.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:11 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,397,937 times
Quote:
That's how colds and other pathogens spread. Someone sneezes or coughs, it gets into the air and either someone else inhales it or it lands on something, someone comes along and touches the contaminated surface, and then rubs his or her eyes. That's why public transportation is a petri dish of illness.

droplet infection - definition of droplet infection in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Allergies are not contagious, but it's still a good idea for those of us who suffer them to take the appropriate meds, sneeze into tissues that are then discarded (not hands unless you carry a hand sanitizer or are near soap and water), and in general keep our mucous to ourselves. It takes colds and other infections a few days to produce symptoms, so even if you feel great and just think the runny nose is from allergies, you could still be harboring a cold virus that you won't know about for a few days yet.

I feel your pain, though. If I don't take something like Claritin-D, I'm miserable 9 months of the year, from cut grass to ragweed. The only time my allergies don't bother me is when it snows.
Oh, thanks for the explanation. I did know about colds being transferred that way, but didn't quite know the name of it. I'm glad that allergies are not transferred, though. I kept telling my friend that allergies are not contagious, but wouldn't listen.

I take several pills, and most of the time, 1 is all I need, but sometimes none will work. I take Claritin and also Benadryl. I'm allergic to grass, mold, and other substances. I'm thinking of trying other pills, cuz my allergies are a little out of control right now.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,608,099 times
Her loss.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,665,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
My worst nightmare was about Istanbul. The Greeks captured Istanbul and i woke up crying so bad. LOL. i was very patriot in those days

If you come to Turkey one day, you'll see that there are 2 different lives in West and East. Woman are free in West but not so free in East. it's kind of complicated
Are you speaking about the situation with the kurds?

Well, there's a Moroccan girl who works as a waitress in a pancake specialty restaurant. She goes to school in University of Connecticut and is such a pretty woman. Looks very Indian with bangs on her forehead, they are partitioned and form an arch on either sides of her head. She also has these long nails which poke me each time she does something like place a plate or merely touches my hand. Moroccan kiss with a pinch

When I want to get my pancake fix, I go in late and she serves me without fail, and we get to chat up a bit. She is muslim, so that's pretty much an antler show stopper.

Women from that part of the world are amazing.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,665,791 times
Quote:
AC, she did you a favor by sparing you exposure to particle droplet infection.

If a guy cancels a date with me because he's got more snot in his sinus cavities than the Great Lakes have water, I consider it a good day.

Wash your hands, eat an orange, and catch up with her when she feels better.
I had a date with a dude in the evening.

Played squash I freaking hate squash, especially when the other person blames the "freaky" weather on some major 2012 happening - tectonic plate shifts, stratospherical, atmospherical, inter-galactical, inter-orbital aberrations.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:36 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,991 times
Gosh AC, you're starting to sound like someone else we know around here

Old 01-08-2012, 04:03 AM

591 posts, read 864,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
She would never know his true intent.

He would get the bonus for being a caring friend at the very least and she may tell others about his kind act and thus boost his reputation.

OR: he'd have my luck. let me share briefly.

Was dating a woman who worked two jobs to pay off debts from her divorce. One particular time she was tired (our date was watching a movie at her house with her two kids) and I could sense it would be best for her to cancel our next date and just get some sleep.

Well, she apparently felt the same way, and did in fact cancel (we didn't discuss this before her decision). I felt such a pang of sympathy that I made up some food for her and her two kids, rang her door (no response, she was supposed to be home at that time) so I left the food in my own cooler (it would stay fresh for hours) and I left a note saying I hoped she'd be resting up so we could go out again soon, something which I was looking forward to.

My reward (not that I was looking for one): She sent me a vicious email saying I was a lunatic, a bad person, and that any woman alive should be warned about how bad I was, that only a madman would leave food, etc.

So thinking you will be seen as a good guy and your good reputation spread is in fact not certain.

This is why I tend to hold back a lot when meeting new people, I don't get empathetic, I don't show emotions, I don't get close, I don't open doors, I don't send flowers. I get pissed on if I do. So I act aloof.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 01-08-2012 at 04:03 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-08-2012, 04:15 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,408,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Believe it or not, January, the thick of winter and amazing weather in the midst of winter. So bad I'm lounging around in shorts and top siders.

I was supposed to eat, then go on a trip by the Hudson river palisades, but I had lunch all by myself with the messy mommies and fat daddies in the sandwich shops.

She said she is sick, caught cold and allergies, and I think I wanna ask for a doctor's certificate. Just kidding. If I postpone, there will be war How is that the women always get away with disappointing men. Men are very forgiving.
Imagine that.

She's HUMAN!

Amazing! Who woulda thought?

Give it a couple weeks. If your shine hasn't worn off of her she'll date you when she's well enough.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:40 AM

499 posts, read 890,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Are you speaking about the situation with the kurds?

Well, there's a Moroccan girl who works as a waitress in a pancake specialty restaurant. She goes to school in University of Connecticut and is such a pretty woman. Looks very Indian with bangs on her forehead, they are partitioned and form an arch on either sides of her head. She also has these long nails which poke me each time she does something like place a plate or merely touches my hand. Moroccan kiss with a pinch

When I want to get my pancake fix, I go in late and she serves me without fail, and we get to chat up a bit. She is muslim, so that's pretty much an antler show stopper.

Women from that part of the world are amazing.
No, i'm not speaking about them. Just saying that our west side and east side have cultural differences =)

By the way, i don't know how they look like from your side but most of the Kurds are innocent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships