Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:16 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times

Advertisements

Sounds like she doesn't even live here?

Still his explanation is kind of shaky there. You may want to evaluate where this is going. Also he is a student at age 30?!? He should be established in his career already unless your goal is to finally be able to settle down by the time you are too old to have a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 AM

356 posts, read 830,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This^^.

Wash your hands of him, and good riddance. Trust schmust. The guy obviously has something going on to begin with, if he had a "fake" FB page. Good grief. And then to react as he did when you asked him about it? You are much better off without him.
I completely agree with what she said too. A reaction of that proportion was a bit over-the-top. I guess I'm going to just give him a couple of days to think it over and see what he wants to do. I put the ball in his court, it's up to him if he wants to still play.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:20 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTulip18 View Post
I completely agree with what she said too. A reaction of that proportion was a bit over-the-top. I guess I'm going to just give him a couple of days to think it over and see what he wants to do. I put the ball in his court, it's up to him if he wants to still play.
You aren't listening. Pick up the ball and go home.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:25 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
You aren't listening. Pick up the ball and go home.
Agreed. You are giving away all your power.
Even if he did come back, you get to live wondering if something is up but too afraid to ask in case he throws all his toys out of the pram. I do not think so!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Agreed. You are giving away all your power.
Even if he did come back, you get to live wondering if something is up but too afraid to ask in case he throws all his toys out of the pram. I do not think so!!!
I never really thought about it that way. I guess this shows what the future might have had in store. Glad I found out now. 1 year wasted is a lifetime saved.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:46 AM

499 posts, read 891,860 times
Quote:
FB doesn't cause drama. PEOPLE cause drama.
so, i prevented us to cause drama

Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 AM

529 posts, read 1,301,004 times
I agree that he was trying to find some excuse to end the realtionship. Move on.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
I agree that he was trying to find some excuse to end the realtionship. Move on.
That's what it kind of seemed like to me. I mean, if he really wanted to try to make it work then he would have reacted much differently. Guess I gave him the excuse he was looking for. Now back to taking it one day at a time. I'll be concentrating on my schooling and work.

I haven't even had a chance to really get a good cry in yet. I dont have class tonight so hopefully I can just get it out tonight with a hot bath, bubbles, & candles. Me Time.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTulip18 View Post
That's what it kind of seemed like to me. I mean, if he really wanted to try to make it work then he would have reacted much differently. Guess I gave him the excuse he was looking for. Now back to taking it one day at a time. I'll be concentrating on my schooling and work.

I haven't even had a chance to really get a good cry in yet. I dont have class tonight so hopefully I can just get it out tonight with a hot bath, bubbles, & candles. Me Time.
Why would "trust" be evil?

Trust is the foundation of all good relationships.

The person breaking a trust is what is "evil", and I'm sorry your guy broke yours

Old 01-10-2012, 01:33 PM

The fact that he reacted so quickly to break up just tells me that he didn't really want this to work out. Now i'm stuck living in the same apartment complex as him (dif buildings) until I move Mar 31st. *sigh* we frequent the same bars and have alot of mutual friends around here. I can't wait to see what this is going to be like over the next few months. Should I just do my best to avoid him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships