Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times

Advertisements

I would say more often than not I don't wear my rings.

If I put make-up on, my rings go on because it means I'm leaving my house for more than a trip to the grocery store or some errands.

On the contrary, my husband always wears his ring. The only time he doesn't is when he is working on the cars and when he plays hockey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 02:27 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I would say more often than not I don't wear my rings.

If I put make-up on, my rings go on because it means I'm leaving my house for more than a trip to the grocery store or some errands.

On the contrary, my husband always wears his ring. The only time he doesn't is when he is working on the cars and when he plays hockey.

I don't wear mine when I'm around the house, but if I know I'm leaving the house for anything, I put them on, even to just walk my daughter to the bus stop. Heck, there have been times when I was backing down the driveway and realized I didn't have them on...I threw the car in drive to run back in and get them! LOL

Old 01-10-2012, 02:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
It depends but I would say 80%. There is no way that 100% of married women wear their ring 100% of the time. That's wishful thinking.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:35 PM

3 posts, read 6,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'd say 98%. The other 2% are usually women who just gave birth or gained weight from having children and their rings no longer fit.

Ain't that the truth...lol

Old 01-10-2012, 02:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't wear mine when I'm around the house, but if I know I'm leaving the house for anything, I put them on, even to just walk my daughter to the bus stop. Heck, there have been times when I was backing down the driveway and realized I didn't have them on...I threw the car in drive to run back in and get them! LOL
Mine are a little loose on me so they spin and jingle and it kind of gets annoying, which is the main reason I don't wear them.

I keep saying I'll get them resized, but I'm kind of waiting on losing this last 15lbs...if that ever happens...LOL

Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,558 times
I think most women probably wear them most of the time they're going out, so I'd guess 95%. I think the main exceptions to this are big weight changes or women who are extremely unhappy in their marriages.

Around the house, I take my rings off if I'm doing something that could damage them like, cooking, scrubbing pots & pans, painting, gardening, etc. However, I always wear them when I go out.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:16 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
100%. It's men who take them off sometimes. And I found out recently from a male friend who got married that it's "common knowledge" with men that if they want women to hit on them then they wear the ring......
Though I rarely wear mine, my wife only wears hers about half the time. She doesn't sleep, shower, exercise, cook, or always have them on in public.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
The ONLY time I've ever seen my Mother not wear at least her tiny gold wedding band was when she went in and had surgery a few years back. I've never seen my Father wear his band, but he's a mechanic so I'm really not surprised about that. They've been together since middle school and married since they were just out of high school so I think their relationship is based on a bit more than jewelry

As for me, I'm not married but I do generally wear a small silver band on my left hand. I'm not necessarily looking for a relationship or really even a date and I've found that people (ESPECIALLY other women) are far more comfortable around you if they think you're married. Not a 'threat' I suppose. I also have a super gaudy CZ ring with an Emerald (real!) in the middle that I wear sometimes when I'm feeling fancy.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
She may not have a wedding ring but she could still be taken (she could have a boyfriend).

Ha, ha!!!! Now thats funny. "Taken" due to the fact that she has a boyfriend. Wow! Boyfriend aka guy that is not good enough to actually marry. I'm sorry, but women that have a boyfriend are not taken. He is a boyfriend. Nothing more and nothing less.

I met a woman a while back that was friends with a friend of mine at a party, and it was obvious from about five seconds into meeting her that we were going to hook up - and did. But while we were initially talking, she mentioned that she had a boyfriend. I told her that I have a goldfish and she laughed and asked me what that meant. I explained that we both had things that were completely irrelevant. I woke up next to her the next morning.

And as far as wedding rings are concerned. From my experience, 100% of married women wear them all of the time. I hooked up with a married flight attendant back in 2007 when I was on a trip and she was wearing her ring when I met her. And when I woke up in the morning and her left arm was wrapped around me, I looked down at her hand and she still had it on. She didn't even bother to take it off during the fck-fest. So yeah, I'm going to have to say 100% wear them, regardless of the cirCUMstances.

Last edited by Skydive Outlaw; 01-11-2012 at 02:14 AM..

Old 01-11-2012, 04:03 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Ha, ha!!!! Now thats funny. "Taken" due to the fact that she has a boyfriend. Wow! Boyfriend aka guy that is not good enough to actually marry. I'm sorry, but women that have a boyfriend are not taken. He is a boyfriend. Nothing more and nothing less.

I met a woman a while back that was friends with a friend of mine at a party, and it was obvious from about five seconds into meeting her that we were going to hook up - and did. But while we were initially talking, she mentioned that she had a boyfriend. I told her that I have a goldfish and she laughed and asked me what that meant. I explained that we both had things that were completely irrelevant. I woke up next to her the next morning.

And as far as wedding rings are concerned. From my experience, 100% of married women wear them all of the time. I hooked up with a married flight attendant back in 2007 when I was on a trip and she was wearing her ring when I met her. And when I woke up in the morning and her left arm was wrapped around me, I looked down at her hand and she still had it on. She didn't even bother to take it off during the fck-fest. So yeah, I'm going to have to say 100% wear them, regardless of the cirCUMstances.

What an absolutely ridicuclous post ! I had a "boyfriend" ( now my husband) for almost 18 years before I married him. Him and I were mutually exclusive and faithful to each other from the time we started to go out with each other.

A "Boyfriend" is not someone who is not good enoguh enough to marry. A "Boyfriend" is someone who can be as meaningful as a Husband. I never particularly wanted to get married. It was only a piece of paper to me and in many ways still is.

Obviously your so called "experience" of married women is pretty lacking if you think 100% of women wear them. I am married and not only do I not wear a Wedding Band I don't even own one. I don't want one. Does it mean I intend to sleep around with other guys ?!?! Hell no.

I have never cheated on my now Husband and never will. A ring would have made no difference. If you are the kind of tart who sleeps around having a ring on your finger will not make you any more sexually continent even if you are married. And not being married does not mean you are not committed to someone, faithful or utterly into them either.

Unfaithful women come in all different shapes and sizes , married or single .If you are the type to sleep around when single , you will still sleep around when married. Sexual incontinence does not stop because a ring is slipped on your finger, a piece of paper issued and a Honeymoon enjoyed.

And yes a lot of women with "boyfriends" are taken. I was "taken" from the minute I laid eyes on my boyfriend of 19 years , now my husband of two years. Many couples nowadays do not get married and YET are in relationships far more committed and exclusive than many marriages.

"Being taken" has nothing to do with a wedding certificate. Being taken has to do with love, trust, commitment, and respect.

A woman's finger can be bare and she can be as committed and unavailable as a woman who is married and wears a little metal bling on her finger.

My "Boyfriend" was always more than good enough. And still is, his marital status has not changed anything. I resent the implication that basically you cannot love someone truly and deeply and that they are somehow lesser relationships because one is not married. "Not Husband Material" is something which always puzzled me. What the hell is husband material ? Plaid ? Flannel ? The term not relationship-worthy might be more appropriate in a modern age when marriage is not exactly considered necessary for strong loving relationships. Many couple for your information lead happy, faithful and perfectly normal loving lives unmarried and with children. Forever. Go figure. Like grown ups .

It is offensive to the millions of loving, deeply faithful couples who CHOSE not to marry simply because marriage is not that important.

2012 and we are still discussing some archaic social convention as if it was something which sorted out the wheat from the chaff when it comes to relationships. The mind quite frankly boggles.

I would never have had a "fck-fest" ( what a charming term by the way, what a great charmer you must be ! ) when I was "only" a "girlfriend" with some loser who thought he knew everything about women and I would not now. Nothing has changed.

Being a "boyfriend" /"girlfriend" can be just as much of a loving bond as being a husband/wife. Marriage does not alter the strength of feeling or faithfulness IMO.

I would quite happily revert to being a "girlfriend". Hubby loved me then and loves me now still. We are not different people. I was "off the market" almost from the moment I met him. Period. And so was he.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships