Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 05:16 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
lol your example just further enforced my point.

The author you quoted says:

Any rational male knows it means that you shouldn't put up a picture of you grabbing other women or kissing them or what not.

A simple picture of OP by the beach, beside a group of girls and guys is GOOD.

Notice the author clearly continues with:

Look at what the author CLEARLY said:

Thanks, your example just further solidified my point.
The author recommends taking pictures with "bros" not a with a group of bikini clad women on the beach.

I say do what you want, but I am telling you I wouldn't be to thrilled/impressed by a guy in a picture with a bunch of women. I am going to assume he's in a picture with his ex and her girlfriends or he's a womanizer. Granted, I might overlook it, but it's certainly not a positive. Another woman chimed in and said the same and just about every article, list, etc says don't take pictures of you with the opposite sex because it gives the wrong impression.

I will concede my original impression of what you were suggesting was a picture of him hamming it up with a girls volleyball team on the beach. A mixed group is fine, but I still think it's bad (and not to mention tacky) to post pictures of other people on a dating site. If you do it, you still want to keep it a small group or else it will be hard to tell who is you (and the article I quoted also mentioned this... large groups are confusing and not good--check out #3 to see why)

Quote:
3. Do be the only person in the picture. Don't post pictures that include your friends.

It's confusing to people who don't know you, trying to figure out which one you are.
You're also setting them up to be attracted to your friend instead of you. Let them find your friend in his or her own profile.

Don't post pictures with grown children, male or female friends or with your parents. Believe it or not, people will think you've posted a picture with an ex, even if he or she might be 30 years younger or older than you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 06:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
A mixed group is fine, but I still think it's bad (and not to mention tacky) to post pictures of other people on a dating site.

Yeah, this always seemed odd to me. It seems rude to post pictures of other people on your profile. I never felt the need and still don't.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
This thread is too long so I'm catching up at the tail end.

I definitely see where many of you are coming from regarding not wanting to post pictures with other people in them as well, for their privacy sake.

But look at it this way. There are a TON of weirdos on these dating sites. Not so much creeper women, other than the occasional odd one, or one that's just strange. I mean all the guys out there who have no personality, and are seriously stalkerish/creepy. When awkward men get rejected so much in their life, they can develop weird tendencies that make them seem creepy. I used to have a roommate in college who I was paired up that was completely harmless since I knew him, but bring him into a group of girls and he seriously gave off that weird "creep" vibe, since he didn't know what he was doing.

So, what does showing some pictures of you with "groups" of friends? It shows that you are normal. You have friends! If you have female friends, even better! It shows that women can associate with you, without being some kind of creep.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
I guess that makes sense. Of course, I don't want to come across as normal or date "normal" women. They're boring as hell.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 AM

663 posts, read 778,125 times
OP, since you DO get dates, then it cannot be because of your ethnicity. It would have to be your personality or chemistry.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 AM

663 posts, read 778,125 times
Quote:
The author recommends taking pictures with "bros" not a with a group of bikini clad women on the beach.

I say do what you want, but I am telling you I wouldn't be to thrilled/impressed by a guy in a picture with a bunch of women. I am going to assume he's in a picture with his ex and her girlfriends or he's a womanizer. Granted, I might overlook it, but it's certainly not a positive. Another woman chimed in and said the same and just about every article, list, etc says don't take pictures of you with the opposite sex because it gives the wrong impression.

I will concede my original impression of what you were suggesting was a picture of him hamming it up with a girls volleyball team on the beach. A mixed group is fine, but I still think it's bad (and not to mention tacky) to post pictures of other people on a dating site. If you do it, you still want to keep it a small group or else it will be hard to tell who is you (and the article I quoted also mentioned this... large groups are confusing and not good--check out #3 to see why)
Hey Jillabean, can you please show me specifically where the author mentioned to take a picture with "Bros"???

lol the second worst thing you can do is take a picture of you and your 6+ buddies in a sausage fest. The worst thing is of course taking a solo selfie mirror pic.

Opie do not listen to women.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM

43 posts, read 36,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
Well, they asked my best friend (who is a girl) because they saw my post on her page. Of course my best friend totally told them what a great guy I am. I actually did meet all 3 girls at my best friend's birthday party. One showed up with a new guy she started seeing, so that was no go. One was super annoying. The last one I think was into me, but I wasn't really into her. So none of those panned out. Just as well, as they live in Dallas, and I don't really do the distance thing.

No I never posted pictures with my car or talked about how much money I make on any of my profiles. I have a match and an okcupid profile, but I don't really feel comfortable posting it on a public forum. I'm sure you understand
OH okay, the thread was too long so I was not able to follow everything. ANywayz, how about u message me ur link instead? To be fair, I will give u my link as well. Well, I deactivated my okcupid account but I will reactivate again.

The reason why I want to see ur profile is again, because of what u said about the three girls, about how u were not able to get response from the beginning on match 3 years ago and because I have friends in Boston and if I think u guys get along, it might be good lol. What cha think.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Hey Jillabean, can you please show me specifically where the author mentioned to take a picture with "Bros"???

lol the second worst thing you can do is take a picture of you and your 6+ buddies in a sausage fest. The worst thing is of course taking a solo selfie mirror pic.

Opie do not listen to women.
I really should just start a new thread about all this.

He specifically says "don't take pictures of you hanging all over other women" but he says not to take pictures "alone." What does that leave you with? Your guy friends. Although I still think that's a bad idea because then you have to hunt and find which one is the man from the profile. Not bad, but annoying. And I always wonder if they got the person's permission to post their photo to a dating site.

And why shouldn't he listen to women's opinions--considering that's who he's trying to attract? Why would you think, as a man, you know what women like and don't like? And where do you get your information?

And I've agreed with you that a selfie in the mirror is the worst shot. I just think a man in a group (especially of women) is second to a selfie in bad idea shots. Well, maybe that or the men that post pictures of sunsets for some reason (I've seen that a lot too... one grainy profile head shot and then a slew of scenery picture... I don't get it.)

Think I will start a new thread. Feel free to debate me there... it's an interesting debate for sure and I am really curious of your reasoning.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:13 AM

43 posts, read 36,987 times
Quote:

For me, def an instant turn off if the guy post pictures with other girls, esp if he is the only guy in the pictures of 4 or 5+ girls. Normal guys hang out with guys mostly, if he is the only guy hanging out with bunch of girls, then either he is gay, or he is a dick to be exact.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:16 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
I really should just start a new thread about all this.

He specifically says "don't take pictures of you hanging all over other women" but he says not to take pictures "alone." What does that leave you with? Your guy friends. Although I still think that's a bad idea because then you have to hunt and find which one is the man from the profile. Not bad, but annoying. And I always wonder if they got the person's permission to post their photo to a dating site.

And why shouldn't he listen to women's opinions--considering that's who he's trying to attract? Why would you think, as a man, you know what women like and don't like? And where do you get your information?

And I've agreed with you that a selfie in the mirror is the worst shot. I just think a man in a group (especially of women) is second to a selfie in bad idea shots. Well, maybe that or the men that post pictures of sunsets for some reason (I've seen that a lot too... one grainy profile head shot and then a slew of scenery picture... I don't get it.)

Think I will start a new thread. Feel free to debate me there... it's an interesting debate for sure and I am really curious of your reasoning.
One thing I notice that women do is put a picture of themselves up there with a friend who is better looking than them. That's a terrible mistake. Never put up your pic with someone who is clearly better looking. There have been so many times I want to send someone a message and ask about her friend.

Selfies -- lame. Just no. Please do not do that.

Pics with guys -- It is not difficult to crop a picture. Just crop yourself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships