Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:04 PM

331 posts, read 735,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's your race, dude. Plain and simple.

You're better off, actually. Try being Indian. With all the stereotypes of heavily annoying accents, bad body odour, call centers and a general negative sentiment as the closest costly and friendly white boy's job stealing cheap creep

One aspect where you may lose out is that while Asian women hate Asian men twice as much as they love white men, even the FOBs, Indian women are very forgiving of dudes like me. I get responses. I'm thankful for that.

But all the non-Indian women I came to know of, they were ones I met offline (coffee shop, train etc.,)
I'm of Indian heritage and I've dated many Asian women...then again I was born and raised in UK. A lot of Asian women said they only bothered with me cos I'm British. If I was fresh from India they wouldn't give me the time of day.

I think a lot of Indian guys complain too much - a lot of them don't do themselves any favours! In my experience many guys straight from India ARE badly dressed and DO have a BO problem. If they worked on their appearance and accent they might get somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Maybe it's bc of the women I've interacted with over the last 10 years, but I've seen a good number of women that dated guys with no jobs and no car. I guess those guys turned those women on to the point that they didn't care about the guys not having jobs. From my experience, what women say they want and what they end up doing are two very different things.
I should've made it clearer - let's not have lovers and husbands mixed-up here!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
I'm of Indian heritage and I've dated many Asian women...then again I was born and raised in UK. A lot of Asian women said they only bothered with me cos I'm British. If I was fresh from India they wouldn't give me the time of day.

I think a lot of Indian guys complain too much - a lot of them don't do themselves any favours! In my experience many guys straight from India ARE badly dressed and DO have a BO problem. If they worked on their appearance and accent they might get somewhere.
I don't think the boys care given that they never have a wedding problem

When you say Asian, do you mean Chinese or general Asian?

I'm surprised they bothered with you, brah, did you dye blond by any chance?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
100% my experience as well. stole the words outta my mouth...

OP: try his suggestion. women are a lot more open minded when they meet you in person, but online those same women can be 10x as picky. all the women i've dated in my life, i always met OFFline. good luck!
I did have correspondence with some of them online. I get notified that somebody rated my pictures 4 or 5 stars and then you can contact them for sure. Good bet there.

Otherwise, I'm never a contact initiator. I did some ground work prior - I was here on C-D and often got the memo about the immense negative sentiment against Indian/Chinese folk. Asian/Indian folks in general need to google "dating Asian men" or "dating Indian men" and pretty much start from there. The opinion google fetches is what is waiting for you out there. And I have to warn you, if you do not have the capability to laugh at your own race and identify some of the character flaws a race possesses as a whole, you will be sad at what you read on there

I can certainly align it with the immense sense of angst and "soft" culture hatred the British had for anything American in the post WWII age, especially faced with the prospect of the sun setting on the empire. We have a very similar "soft" hatred on the peoples of the two emerging powers of tomorrow. People often don't understand this inter-cultural dynamic and often times spend hours and hours thinking about the whys and hows to attain acceptance.

I also never understood why Chinese culture continues to churn out women who absolutely hate men of their own kind - despite the fact that we are talking about a culture as old as bacteria So in that aspect, Asian men have it worse.

Edit:
Can't say post-WWII.

Pretty much in the run up to the war from 1938. British pride was absolutely in the gutter when Churchill was forced to play FDR's lapdog, starting a half-a-century tradition all the way down to Tony the Lionheart barring a brief reprieve during Thatcher's years. What can I say? Iron woman

And forced to give away colonies, especially the sub-continent.

And salt was applied on the wound in the suez canal fracas.

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 01-12-2012 at 02:37 PM..

Old 01-12-2012, 02:32 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
Quote:
I did some ground work prior - I was here on C-D and often got the memo about the immense negative sentiment against Indian/Chinese folk. Asian/Indian folks in general need to google "dating Asian men" or "dating Indian men" and pretty much start from there. The opinion google fetches is what is waiting for you out there. And I have to warn you, if you do not have the capability to laugh at your own race and identify some of the character flaws a race possesses as a whole, you will be sad at what you read on there
oh totally man. i lived in LA prior to moving to NYC, and i believe that it's actually much tougher for an indian guy to date outside his race here in NYC than it is in LA.

i live in the city and the areas where i usually tend to hang are the LES, EV and meatpacking, and right off the bat you can notice the complete lack of diversity (at least relative to LA). back west, most places i'd go out to were 30% minorities, so you never felt vibed out.

besides, here on the east coast there's a massive FOB population (from IT professionals to cab drivers), who only reinforce the stereotypes so many ppl already have.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:34 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
I also never understood why Chinese culture continues to churn out women who absolutely hate men of their own kind - despite the fact that we are talking about a culture as old as bacteria So in that aspect, Asian men have it worse.
It's really simple. For some of the Asian women that come here to America or are born here, White men are seen as the pinnacle of having reached a certain status. It's like if you can get a good looking White man you've made it. You're rarely see Asian women dating Black or Hispanic men bc some Asian women don't see those two minorities as holding the same cache of having a White man.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:38 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
Quote:
It's really simple. For some of the Asian women that come here to America or are born here, White men are seen as the pinnacle of having reached a certain status. It's like if you can get a good looking White man you've made it. You're rarely see Asian women dating Black or Hispanic men bc some Asian women don't see those two minorities as holding the same cache of having a White man.
i've always found it amusing how ppl deride a white guy with an asian woman as having "yellow fever", yet the fact is that asian women are just as, and probably even more so, into white men than vice versa. yet you never hear anything about "white fever"

Old 01-12-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I have another theory and I think it holds the most merit becoz it's mine Just kidding.

The problem - American integration failure

Immigrants accumulate into one area. You can go to Chinatown, Flushing or Jackson Heights and hang out for an hour, you will literally come out vomiting at the density and squalor in which these people live. It raises a whole generation of individuals who are repressed with low self-esteem and a crisis of acceptance, especially women.

And getting a mate from the nation's majority is one way of escaping this squalor and ascending into an illusion of emancipation.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
T
The consensus seems to be don't post your income. What do you guys think of this girl's article?

Why How Much Money Guys Make Is Important To Girls | KATHRYN'S CONVERSATIONS
I have no problem with girls wanting to find someone who is stable and ambitious (whatever that means might be relative to each individual), but the girl is an idiot, and exactly the reason why smart guys don't post their incomes.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,330 times

Last edited by Freedom123; 01-12-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships