Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:45 AM

38 posts, read 43,226 times

Advertisements

So I want to know everyone's opinion this morning..

We all know that not everyone is perfect, and not everyone has a trusting or secure heart/mind.

Do you think that Married Couples should have separate/joint Social networking accounts?

Sights like facebook, myspace, twitter.. etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Why would they not have ?

If our relationship is at a stage where you can't trust your s/o to interact with other people then it isn't healthy.

Social media is not to blame for relationship ruin, it's just a way for unsuitable partners to either be caught, or to get themselves in a position to do wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy7 View Post

We all know that not everyone is perfect, and not everyone has a trusting or secure heart/mind.

Do you think that Married Couples should have separate/joint Social networking accounts?

Old 01-11-2012, 05:48 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:

I don't have facebook and the like, but I don't see why a couple would share.

My husband and I don't have the same friends, interests..etc. so if I ever decided to get on facebook it would be my own account.

If "trust" is the issue then why would people have seperate e-mail accounts and other such things?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I don't have any of those accounts but it would be the same with accounts here on C-D. They should be separate.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:30 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

Well of course they should be separate. They are 2 different people.

Myspace is just silliness though...for kids.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 AM

845 posts, read 1,349,308 times
I don't see why not. Most of my the people I know, who are married, do have at least a Facebook account. They just post their pictures about their kids, sometimes how they're feeling on that day. However, they know that in someway, their SO will end up seeing it. If they don't want their SO to see or know about something, Facebook, or the like, isn't the way to go.

Then again, in my rule book, rule number 1 is: People are stupid.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:04 AM

663 posts, read 1,081,906 times
Yes, why wouldn't they?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:08 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Hubby is a member and I stubbornly refuse to be as I find the whole concept baffling and a little repugnant. He uses it mostly for finding about local events and charities we support and to keep in touch with his teenage niece, and some friends from school/uni.

I could not care less. I can access his account if I really wanted to but life's too short. He has Facebook ( where he spend about 10 minutes a day) and I have C-D . Both of us can read what the other posts but neither of us is interested to be honest.

I don't see an issue with him having his own facebook page. He is entitled to a little life of his own after all and I don't resent it. This would only become an issue if he became obsessive about it or secretive. I trust him and he trusts me.

If I wanted to join facebook and he was obviously uncomfortable with me seeing his page then I might find it a little suspicious I suppose but quite frankly I prefer for us to be open and honest and not to assume the worst all the time.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:09 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
If you are his/her friend you'll see most everything anyway.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:13 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:

Let's superpoke, milk our cows and livingsocial happily ever after
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships