Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:57 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,594,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
And Sweet, as a fellow dating sufferer, my answer would be if you have not heard from him by Wednesday, then he isn't interested, or is intimidated or just lazy. Either way, you did right deleting the number and moving on.

Good luck on the next one
Thanks! I could definitely use some luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are you being sarcastic, or do you really think that no contact for a month or two after a date is okay?
I have waited months to reply to messages from guys on dating sites, but I've never done that to anyone after I'd actually met them in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 02:14 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,418,123 times
The thing is, that he is dating other women, and is probably not rich enough to date you 2 times a week, since you guys are not exclusive. If you keep erasing guy's numbers really fast, you are going to end up with a lot of first dates and no second dates.

Also, you should have several cute guys' number if you are not dating anyone exclusively. Have fun.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,116,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The thing is, that he is dating other women, and is probably not rich enough to date you 2 times a week, since you guys are not exclusive. If you keep erasing guy's numbers really fast, you are going to end up with a lot of first dates and no second dates.

Also, you should have several cute guys' number if you are not dating anyone exclusively. Have fun.
Wow, Temp, you have it all figured out!

Is there anything we should know and don't know...?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Also, you should have several cute guys' number if you are not dating anyone exclusively.
LOL! That would be nice, but that is not the reality of my life. I seem to have the most success with nerdy guys who are very nice and sweet, but sexually...no.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:44 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,418,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, Temp, you have it all figured out!

Is there anything we should know and don't know...?

Lol. No.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,699,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Ok well are you going three or more days without contacting these women AT ALL? You wouldn't do that with someone who you weren't "stringing along", right?
You said you met him sunday for the first time.

If this were the third date, then you have reason to be pissed.

As for me, I act weird a lot. It's often a reflection of my psychological state, as a lot of things are going on for me. But I always respond to texting, and then go on a silence binge. I do come out of it from time to time. Simply coz I am trying not to get too involved.

You know what I learned, women don't complain about unresponsive guys as long as they get good dinner You pick up the tab without fuss despite the size of it, you're a good investment.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:05 PM

526 posts, read 954,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Please don't rub it in for those of us still in dating hell

And Sweet, as a fellow dating sufferer, my answer would be if you have not heard from him by Wednesday, then he isn't interested, or is intimidated or just lazy. Either way, you did right deleting the number and moving on.

Good luck on the next one
Agree 100%. In my experience, the men who were interested would either ask me for another date on the spot or will schedule something before or on Wednesday.

OP, he is/was not that into you. Part of life. Just move on, a lot of fish in the ocean, althought I wonder sometimes WHEN I will catch a good one

Last edited by DRGirl; 01-12-2012 at 03:21 PM..

Old 01-12-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You said you met him sunday for the first time.

If this were the third date, then you have reason to be pissed.
I'm not pissed, just disappointed. How long do you think is reasonable for a woman to wait for a guy to contact her after a first date before she assumes that he's just NOT going to contact her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
OP, he is/was not that into you. Part of life. Just move on, a lot of fish in the ocean, althought I wonder sometimes WHEN I will catch a good one
Nooooo!!! I can't accept "he's just not that into you". There HAS to be some other reason why I haven't heard from him. He'd be crazy not to want to see me again!

Seriously though, I pretty much always agree to a second date unless there's a major dealbreaker discovered on the first, so I can't help but wonder exactly what turned him off so much. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but it just concerns me that maybe he thought that I wasn't the same person that my dating profile suggested I was.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,699,221 times
Quote:
I'm not pissed, just disappointed. How long do you think is reasonable for a woman to wait for a guy to contact her after a first date before she assumes that he's just NOT going to contact her?
If there was no contact at all, after the date so far, then you are right.

But you said he texted the same day?

I'll be honest with you. He's working up another girl I can tell becoz I do the same thing, but I don't totally disappear for like 4 to 5 days.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,116,206 times
Quote:
Nooooo!!! I can't accept "he's just not that into you". There HAS to be some other reason why I haven't heard from him. He'd be crazy not to want to see me again!
Of course! He's in coma in a hospital!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships