Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:12 PM

525 posts, read 1,555,603 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of creating an new account using my REAL first and last name. I realized I've made a total a$$ of myself on this forum using pity-threads and whatever. I'm looking forward to change myself for the better this year. Its still January. I have a BIG dog and guarantee if anyone hunts me down she will bite in self-defense if anyone were to do anything to me.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 PM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I was thinking of creating an new account using my REAL first and last name. I realized I've made a total a$$ of myself on this forum using pity-threads and whatever. I'm looking forward to change myself for the better this year. Its still January. I have a BIG dog and guarantee if anyone hunts me down she will bite in self-defense if anyone were to do anything to me.
Im confused in what you mean. Is there some underlying theme to this that I dont understand? Anyway, using you real first and last name in a forum like this is a bad idea. Do you realize the power of google?!? I guarantee that if you google the usernames of people already in this forum, you can find their Facebook or Flickr accounts with pics and everything. Just something to keep in mind when you create usernames! Dont make them the same for anything personal!

Everyone who reads this, should really google their username. See what you find and if it makes you uncomfortable. BTW, I am not ChiGuy2 elsewhere. lol

Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,914 times
Quote:
LOL!

A dog vs a gun. Who do you think is going to win? If someone really wants to get to you they will.

They can poison your dog or shoot your dog or stab your dog or use dog catcher instruments to catch your dog or they can pick your dog, even a big police type dog, and just shake until its neck breaks ect.

This is a really bad idea.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Im confused in what you mean. Is there some underlying theme to this that I dont understand? Anyway, using you real first and last name in a forum like this is a bad idea. Do you realize the power of google?!? I guarantee that if you google the usernames of people already in this forum, you can find their Facebook or Flickr accounts with pics and everything. Just something to keep in mind when you create usernames! Dont make them the same for anything personal!

Everyone who reads this, should really google their username. See what you find and if it makes you uncomfortable. BTW, I am not ChiGuy2 elsewhere. lol
i don't know. yeah, i know google and anything can be found by searching. its more personal that way as I like postingin forums. Not like I'm posting naked pics in forums or anything obscene.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
i don't know. yeah, i know google and anything can be found by searching. its more personal that way as I like postingin forums. Not like I'm posting naked pics in forums or anything obscene.
Neither were those girls who were killed on craigslist.

If you have any doubt as to why this is a bad idea go and visit The Charley Project or NamUs or The Doe Network or NCMEC to see why THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY BAD IDEA!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
LOL!

A dog vs a gun. Who do you think is going to win? If someone really wants to get to you they will.

They can poison your dog or shoot your dog or stab your dog or use dog catcher instruments to catch your dog or they can pick your dog, even a big police type dog, and just shake until its neck breaks ect.

This is a really bad idea.
Whats the difference between the internet and the bar? i've had guys at the bar asking me where I live and work. its a small- hometown bar in a rural area where people mostly know everyone who comes in and out of there

Old 01-12-2012, 01:25 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Whats the difference between the internet and the bar? i've had guys at the bar asking me where I live. its a small- hometown bar in a rural area where people mostly know everyone who comes in and out of there
Wow, you really don't know the power of the internet, do you?

Think of it this way, putting your real info out there also puts your family at risk.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Whats the difference between the internet and the bar? i've had guys at the bar asking me where I live and work. its a small- hometown bar in a rural area where people mostly know everyone who comes in and out of there
The internet isn't a small little bar in the middle of nowhere.

The internet is a scary place where predators spend hours looking for stupid men, women and children to rape, murder and exploit.

If you can't see the difference then perhaps this will be a thinning of the herd although I hope it isn't.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I was thinking of creating an new account using my REAL first and last name.
Oh, is that a bright idea or what?!

Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Katie, come along now. You've been around this forum long enough and on this planet long enough to know how daft that is. If you have an overwhelming desire to write then start a blog but under no circumstances use your real name anywhere on an internet forum. This was a silly thread to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships