Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 11:08 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times

Advertisements

I like the picture on the right, but then I've always been partial to cleavage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Nonsense.

Makeup (properly applied) makes everyone look better. It doesn't matter, old, young, pretty, unattractive.

It's not that makeup makes you look more beautiful (which of course it does), it also gives you a finished, professional, and polished look.

Men that typically say women look better without makeup typically know nothing about makeup. I asked a guy who told me women look better without makeup if I was wearing makeup when I met him, and if so, how much and what was the nature of the kind of makeup was I wearing.

He couldn't even tell me if I was wearing makeup.

I am going to post a face picture of myself and I want people to guess how many times of makeup am I wearing. Then I will let you know exactly what I'm wearing. Men only!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:18 AM

And in regards to Beyonce, obviously since she's pretty, period...so she's pretty without makeup. But on the shot on the left she looks like she just rolled out of bed. That might be fine...if you just rolled out of bed, but who wants to look like that all day?

Let's be honest here.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Nonsense.

Makeup (properly applied) makes everyone look better. It doesn't matter, old, young, pretty, unattractive.

It's not that makeup makes you look more beautiful (which of course it does), it also gives you a finished, professional, and polished look.

Men that typically say women look better without makeup typically know nothing about makeup.

I am a woman, and I honestly don't wear or need makeup. I have gone on interviews without makeup and have gotten the jobs. I keep my brows plucked and make sure that my lips aren't chapped. And I do get facials every month to make sure that my skin stays clear. Wearing makeup can be a part of basic grooming. But you can be well-groomed without wearing makeup.

Sure, many women don't know how to apply makeup. But many women simply don't want to wear it. And my husband loves the fact that I can walk around with a bare face and I am still considered attractive. Do men know about foundation, mascara, eyeliner, etc.? I don't expect my man to know about this stuff.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:29 AM

I'm not saying you can't looked well groomed without makeup. Only that properly applied makeup improves everyone's appearance, whether you're naturally attractive or no.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying you can't looked well groomed without makeup. Only that properly applied makeup improves everyone's appearance, whether you're naturally attractive or no.
Then what did you mean by this?

Quote:
And in regards to Beyonce, obviously since she's pretty, period...so she's pretty without makeup. But on the shot on the left she looks like she just rolled out of bed. That might be fine...if you just rolled out of bed, but who wants to look like that all day?

Let's be honest here.
"Just rolled out of bed" does not equal "well groomed", in fact, quite the opposite. And for the record, I would love to look like that all day. She looks natural: curly hair, great skin, beautiful smile. What about her looks like she just rolled out of bed? And the fact that she still looks beautiful even if she just rolled out of bed is something that any man would appreciate, I would think.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:55 AM

You can be well groomed and still look like you just rolled out of bed. For example, EVERYONE has broken blood vessels underneath their eyes...commonly referred to as dark circles. The problem with those is that everyone has them to some degree. Naturally it's slightly darker underneath your eyes than the rest of your face. Concealer is an easy fix to this issue. Having the area underneath your eyes look lighter makes you naturally more polished in appearance and less "just rolled out of bed", no matter how well moisturized your facial skin is and manicured your brows are.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:25 PM

So, what did you mean by "Who wants to look like that all day?", and "Let's be honest here." You did intend that post to mean something negative, I don't know why you are changing it now.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
So, what did you mean by "Who wants to look like that all day?", and "Let's be honest here." You did intend that post to mean something negative, I don't know why you are changing it now.
It's a personal preference. I prefer the areas under my eyes to look as light or lighter than my face because it makes me look refreshed. If you don't, that's your preference.

I personally don't see why you wouldn't, is what I meant.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:24 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times
It is very true that when I am dressed for work guys open doors, smile, make eye contact. When I go to the store on a weekend without any make up I might as well be invisible, most of the time I have my kids with me so that could also be the reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships