Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 05:52 PM

52,426 posts, read 52,978,006 times

Advertisements

I like makeup.

I like shiny things too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,050,372 times
I see women criticized for wearing makeup. I see women criticized for not. People should just dismiss what others think and do what they feel is best for them. You could exhaust yourself worrying about what others think of you. There will always be someone who doesn't like something you do--no matter how well you do it.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:59 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,100,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
This is the absolute truth Men should make more efforts to stand out & look above average. Seriously as I was reading some of these posts I realized where I am there are lots of really good looking people. Wait, good looking women. Downright beautiful women, that look good with or without make up. And the reason they're all single is the guys are so effing lazy with their looks.
A t shirt & worn out old jeans just doesn't cut it, guys. I know that women do a lot on a daily basis to stay attractive; exfoliating, moisturizing, exercising, yoga, meditating, etc. And yep, makeup- I like to add a little color, with eyeshadows, or blushes, etc. If only men would discover the men's line of facial care available, or dress better, the world would be a better place for romance

And btw OP, if ya' want a woman who doesn't wear makeup--go to the South. Many of the southern belles don't like makeup. Or as you pointed out, Europeans also don't care for it as well.
Don't know about Southern Americans, but the bolded is a really broad statement. Which Europeans? In which countries, which cities? I knew plenty of European women (Central Euro, Balkan, Russian for example) who were just as into makeup as their American counterparts-some fn it even more necessary and important to their looks over there.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,263,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No, long skirts had nothing to do with shaving.
They did have, however, everything to do with social mores, religion, and climate.
Shaving had more to do with rising hemlines. Women having leg hair was seen as being unsightly.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,263,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Don't know about Southern Americans, but the bolded is a really broad statement. Which Europeans? In which countries, which cities? I knew plenty of European women (Central Euro, Balkan, Russian for example) who were just as into makeup as their American counterparts-some fn it even more necessary and important to their looks over there.
It seems to me Dutch, German, French, Swedish and many Spanish women are less heavy on the makeup. Many don't bother with it at all.

English, Italian, Eastern European, Greek - the opposite.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:10 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
I have actually seen someone I knew well for the first time with no makeup and initially was shocked but when I got used to it, I began to notice their real beauty and it made me realize something; that most women only 'need' makeup because our society is used to it and expects it of women. I can see using something for uneven skin tone--I use tinted moisturizer rather than foundation--and maybe something to correct sparse brows and a little mascara and a good lip moisturizer, but most women have more natural beauty that they aren't even aware of.

ETA--Nothing wrong with makeup and if used properly and sparingly, it will only enhance your natural beauty, which is what it should be used for anyway.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:12 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,730,725 times
I mind excessive makeup but otherwise I don't care. I've got a soft spot in my heart for any woman that looks pretty without makeup though, and an even softer spot for any woman that looks pretty in the morning right after waking up

Old 01-14-2012, 06:13 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,100,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah a lot of men just wear T-shirts and baggy jeans or oversized shorts and that's all they seem to wear. They think it's gay to dress up and look dapper. I know that's changing among some, but many are still just sloppy about it.

My stereotype of a Southern belle is one who wears TOO MUCH makeup for it's probably a stereotype. I think you're right about Europeans, though. A lot of them favour a more natural look, not as cosmetic as Americans. I also believe many Europeans aren't as big on shaving 'down there' as American women. I mean it's less common for them to get a Brazilian (depending on the nation) than American and Brazilian women. European women actually seem more easy-going too.
This is on of the dumbest things I've ever read here. Who are these "Europeans"? What are you basing this on?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I mind excessive makeup but otherwise I don't care. I've got a soft spot in my heart for any woman that looks pretty without makeup though, and an even softer spot for any woman that looks pretty in the morning right after waking up
Yeah but we can only be a teenager for so long.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:06 PM

6 posts, read 9,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's funny, because women who put on more 'natural' looking makeup are oftentimes wearing the same amount that a very made up woman is wearing they're just better at applying it.

I don't wear makeup, except for a bit to define my eyebrows. I have found, however, that men do treat me better when I do wear makeup. The prettier oh are as a woman, the better you are treated. When I don't wear makeup I'm virtually ignored.
I absolutely agree!

I dont wear it much any more because of the up-keep it requires. Im tired of having to look at myself all day to fix it and freshin it up and watch for smears or eye goop. Even the lightest of applications require this...and if you say it doesnt let me know what products you use because Im a professional makeup artist of 28 yrs experience and your delusional if you dont look in the mirror at least a few extra times a day more with it on!

But I do get a hellofalot of attention and treated quite differently with it on. Oh, Im told Im pretty without it, even in my 40's.....blah, blah, blah....I would wear it every day like I used to but frankly Im too busy too tired and freakin just plain done with lookin at myself that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships