Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:50 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many women here agree with this:

When it comes to dating, we all have our romantic checklists.

For the most part, I think men and women agree on the key attributes we consider important in our romantic partners. Don’t we all want someone who’s decent, attractive, confident, loyal, has a great sense of humor, shares our values, operates with integrity, a good communicator and emotionally healthy? Oh yes, and it doesn’t hurt if Mr. or Ms. Maybe is independently wealthy and has rock-star charisma, too.

But what if you just had to pick one attribute as the most critical for your mate to have? That’s where the sexes part company and prioritize some traits over others — or, in some cases, define those traits differently. For example, men and women might have separate definitions for an adjective like “passionate.” Everyone wants a passionate partner, but if you believe some stereotypes and outdated research, men more often associate that word with pure physical, sexual voracity, while women think of a deeply felt, lusty emotion that’s directed only at them.

Recently, I spoke with a variety of women to get them to tell me the one thing they absolutely, positively had to have in a guy they were seriously dating. With a little thought — and some prodding — most of the women I spoke with were clear about their top demands. Which one tops your list?

She said:

As a male I have issues with the women that wants romance. I've datred more then my fair share of women who say that they want romance. It always tends to go bad for some reason or another when they get it. Seems to be these days when women still get flowers or you run them a bubble bath with candles or fix dinner they suspect we've done something wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 10:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
I don't remember having a checklist or anything - but I guess my number one thing would be sense of humor. I can't imagine going through life with someone I couldn't or didn't laugh with.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:58 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
A real partner...thick and thin..

Old 01-13-2012, 11:08 PM

461 posts, read 782,564 times
My one must have is that it cannot be only just one thing. I don't have a checklist, if it works, it works. Human beings are much more complex than these stupid articles.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
My one must have is that it cannot be only just one thing. I don't have a checklist, if it works, it works. Human beings are much more complex than these stupid articles.

Still many people tend to read and take advice from such articles. Other then that I do agree with you.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
The only thing that's ever been a must have is a love of dogs (and animals in general).

Old 01-14-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
The only thing that's ever been a must have is a love of dogs (and animals in general).

Old 01-14-2012, 04:26 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,980,138 times
Too much checklist-type thinking could potentially get in the way of God's (or fate's, if you prefer) will for a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Do you have a beagle? My roommate has a primarily white female beagle named Dori and she is awesome.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:30 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Too much checklist-type thinking could potentially get in the way of God's (or fate's, if you prefer) will for a person.

Do you have a beagle? My roommate has a primarily white female beagle named Dori and she is awesome.
We have three...two permanent and one foster. Two are tricolors and the other is a bluetick. I love the name Dori!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I don't have a checklist. I just want to be loved and cared about as equally as I love and care about.... Finally, 2 years short of forty years old, it has happened. He could not be a more wonderful man and I could not be more happy than I am right now..... =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships