Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Not true. The West is a dog eat dog hyper competitive environment where once you're no longer usefully in this society they throw you away like old trash.

This is why age discrimination is very real in this country and why you all shove your elderly into "old foke homes"
It's old 'folks' homes, thank you very much, and my 84-year old mother in law, who I love dearly, lives with my wife and I, so THAT portion of your thinner-than-wet-kleenex argument is bull****...she's still useful to us, and we would never dream of putting her in any kind of home, 'old folks' or otherwise...

And there are a lot of people, both here and offline, who have elderly relatives living with them and not 'shoving them into homes'...

I would strongly suggest that you turn down that piece of pie with Cool Whip you were offered, go back to the 'little kids table' , and quit trying to preach to grown folk about their business and mind your own...trust me, you'll be a LOT better off if you just zip it and quit stereotyping out of your a**

Old 01-14-2012, 06:58 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,751 times
Quote:
Not true. The West is a dog eat dog hyper competitive environment where once you're no longer usefully in this society they throw you away like old trash.

This is why age discrimination is very real in this country and why you all shove your elderly into "old foke homes"
You should move to Thailand.

Just trying to get back on topic.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I love generalizing. It makes everyone so much angrier and opinionated.
Like I said, we've given the OP exactly what he was looking for.

ATTENTION!!!

Last edited by Ro2113; 01-14-2012 at 07:13 PM..

Old 01-14-2012, 07:04 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I see where this thread is headed. Only a matter of time
I agree, this thing is going down like the titanic.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:07 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
It's old 'folks' homes, thank you very much, and my 84-year old mother in law, who I love dearly, lives with my wife and I, so THAT portion of your thinner-than-wet-kleenex argument is bull****...she's still useful to us, and we would never dream of putting her in any kind of home, 'old folks' or otherwise...

And there are a lot of people, both here and offline, who have elderly relatives living with them and not 'shoving them into homes'...

I would strongly suggest that you turn down that piece of pie with Cool Whip you were offered, go back to the 'little kids table' , and quit trying to preach to grown folk about their business and mind your own...trust me, you'll be a LOT better off if you just zip it and quit stereotyping out of your a**
As someone who is very familiar with the industry--and let me just say that it's wonderful she lives with you and your wife--but the fact is, assisted living homes and the like are bursting at the seams and booming in this country. That says a lot. She hasn't said anything that isn't true. And for all the years I've spent working with the elderly, I'm still astonished at how many have few visitors.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Well you're a woman so you're sheltered from the harsh aspects of life and society. You don't see what I see because of that.
What a load of BS you're spewing tonight. Scraping the barrel for more garbage are we?

Women are no more sheltered than men. I don't know where you're pulling all this crapola from...really...you're being obtuse.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:19 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What a load of BS you're spewing tonight. Scraping the barrel for more garbage are we?

Women are no more sheltered than men. I don't know where you're pulling all this crapola from...really...you're being obtuse.
You're my kind of feminist, atheist, humanist.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

How geometric of you .

Old 01-14-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
No, they pay less because sitting in a cushy little office while you eat your little muffin is LESS RISKY apposed to jobs that men do such as swinging of the 108 floor of the OUTSIDE of a building by a rope just so we can clean the window.

LOL considering typical jobs that pay high are generally office based jobs once again you have shown you don't have any clue of what you are talking about.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
It's funny how Americans are so obsessed with "achievement" but when I look around all I see are trashy overweight people who have tattoos, use foul language, are crass and rude to each other and according to the statistics don't save any money, and are broke/or bankrupt.

You Americans live to work and have nothing deeper or meaningful to show for it.

And pray tell what country are you from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships