Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM

629 posts, read 768,692 times

Advertisements

Your situation is as anecdotal as his is general

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I am 30 and recently got married. Neither of us is rich, nor are we likely to be unless we make a career change. We do not have a fancy house or fancy cars and we probably never will. I married him because I love him.

I am also 5 feet tall and he is 6 feet. I didn't date him because of his height. I liked him before I even knew what he looked like. In the past I have dated tall and short men. I have been interested in short men (5'5" and under) but they were not interested in me.

Please continue with your generalizations of women in my age group.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:47 AM

2,923 posts, read 5,588,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Wow that's awesome...I know of a number of men that married women from the Phillipines...one guy actually moved there for his wife because he receieved a job offer there. It's definitely one of the countries I'm focusing on if I ultimately decide to marry foreign. What site did you meet on her on if you don't mind me asking? pm me if you wish.
don't use a website to meet a wife. what an awful idea. create a profile on dateinasia and see how many times girls try to scam you.

just spend time in in the PI.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,291,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Once a single man gets past the age of 25 he is in the margins where there isnt much if any marriage material left.
Well if you knew that this is the way things were going to be why did you wait to try and find someone and get married? I mean if this is how you really feel then you knew what was going to happen if you didn't get up and get out there and find a lady. You failed to out compete other men for the female resource. That is what it boils down to right?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,774,781 times
Quote:
Because like men in America adult women over say 30 years old pick from a pool of possible partners that exists on the margins. Which is OK if the society they come from treats each group on the margins the same. Thats not the case and it makes it difficult for an older gentleman in America and a women in alot of other societies to find suitable partners. I maintain that most American women are fantastice and taken. Whats left for the man who doesnt marry in the 18 to 24 year old window is undsireable.
Yes this is exactly my point across numerous threads it's not the women as a whole it's what is available once you reach a certain age. A man that is a late bloomer is at a huge disadvantage if he's looking for marriage. I think there are some good ones left still around 26 or 27... but after that it's pretty much game over. What's left in the pool after that...I don't even want to get into it again.

The last 5 women I attempted to date were in the 28-33 range. All 5 were complete flakes with major personality flaws or the ultra-picky "I deserve a 10 that is loaded" syndrome. One of those 5 is the one that stood me up for an event I bought us tickets for. It was NOT a cheap event. I could probably snag up a decent one around age 27 or so but she would have to be open to the age difference. If I don't find her this year or next in America I will most likely go foreign for sure I have already started to save money for the travel expenses.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:51 AM

No one meets a wife on a site. They meet a person they might be interested in and then take it from there. I love the way its OK for an American to go to match dot com to look for a partner but if its overseas its automatically a scamming, prostitute looking for a green card

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
don't use a website to meet a wife. what an awful idea.

just spend time in in the PI

Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,533,256 times
Quote:
I am not unique. There are lots of women out there like me. However, these men only see what they want to see. I have no sympathy for them.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,123,634 times
Quote:
Its not an insult its a fact. Heres why
A. In the US marriages between people in their late teens and early 20s are at the highest risk of divorce. This is common knowledge.
B. In the US marriages between folk in their late 20s to early 30s, who tend to be the educated affluent, have the greatest success rate.
C. Your blathering about single mom births is irrelevant. The high divorce rates among late teens and early 20-somethings result in young single moms.
D. Lets hope it's your wife who is in charge of educating your children.

If you are going to take a bigoted position and have the gall to charge MILLIONS of people you do not know, which is a pretty big position to take, at least do so intelligently and intelligibly. Alot is not a word. You have the grammar of a 3rd grader.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 AM

i went into the Navy when I graduated HS leaving behind a sweetheart that was definately marriage material. When I got out of the Navy I went to college. Unlike alot of the kids who were being supported by their parents or on scholarships I had to work and go to shcool full time. Besides that 4 years made a difference in that alot of the kids I wnet to school with were already through school and married. After college there was literally NO ONE there. I ended up dating a series of single mothers with various baggage and even then was willing to commit to several who didnt feel the same.

Its OK, I went to the PIs where there are many many adult single women looking to start families. It took some time and the with the help of technology I am a very happy man. Its OK to seek a partner over seas

Its OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Well if you knew that this is the way things were going to be why did you wait to try and find someone and get married? I mean if this is how you really feel then you knew what was going to happen if you didn't get up and get out there and find a lady. You failed to out compete other men for the female resource. That is what it boils down to right?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:00 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,123,634 times
Quote:
No it's not. The median age for marriage in the US is the late 20s.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 AM

all of this anecdotal garbage is irrelevant. Please if you want to presnet facts

Have some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
A. In the US marriages between people in their late teens and early 20s are at the highest risk of divorce. This is common knowledge.
B. In the US marriages between folk in their late 20s to early 30s, who tend to be the educated affluent, have the greatest success rate.
C. Your blathering about single mom births is irrelevant. The high divorce rates among late teens and early 20-somethings result in young single moms.
D. Lets hope it's your wife who is in charge of educating your children.

If you are going to take a bigoted position and have the gall to charge MILLIONS of people you do not know, which is a pretty big position to take, at least do so intelligently and intelligibly. Alot is not a word. You have the grammar of a 3rd grader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships