Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 02:22 AM

65 posts, read 99,851 times

Advertisements

Well I'm pretty run down from so much traveling. Safe to say I will not be looking forward to another harrowing flight to Bangkok but I am definatley going back!

There was a lot that went on but let me just give you some of the highlights?

I went there to meet a handful of Thai ladies that were open to the idea of marrying a western man. I figured if American gals don't appreciate a stable professional man than maybe a foreign one would!

Before I met with these ladies I set out to a few spots in Bangkok my buddy suggested. Well let me just say the American bar experience has NOTHING on the Thai bar universe!! I received plenty of attention and ego stroking from the moment I walked in , beautiful young girls not only smiling and making eye contact with me but walking straight up and starting a conversation. Well as best they could with their limited english skills but we got along great! I consumed plenty of cheap great beer and talked with several girls and lets just say I had a great couple of nights!!
This was exactly what I needed and boosted my confidence levels, I felt renewed and wore a smile on my face 24/7!

When it came time meet my prospective brides we sat and talked at a pre arranged time and place. I hit it off with one gal and she agreed to take me around and be my personal tour guide. We saw a lot of amazing sights and she helped me out with buying souveniours without being ripped off. I tell ya being a westerner in Bangkok you get lots of attention from shop keeps! But anyway, we spent some quality time together she is sweet and innocent and has a 12 year old daughter living elsewhere with relatives. We didn't have a lot of time to get acquainted but we are keeping in touch and I plan on returning as soon as I get more vacation time! I'm optimistic about our future.

In conclusion I have to say never having traveled abroad before that women in Asia have a COMPLETELY different set of priorities than American gals. They are approachable , transparent, very easy on the eyes, do not play games - I am sold on the idea of marrying a Thai woman and only regret that I did not think of this 15 years ago!

Old 01-14-2012, 03:09 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Well I'm pretty run down from so much traveling. Safe to say I will not be looking forward to another harrowing flight to Bangkok but I am definatley going back!

I went there to meet a handful of Thai ladies that were open to the idea of marrying a western man. I figured if American gals don't appreciate a stable professional man than maybe a foreign one would!

Before I met with these ladies I set out to a few spots in Bangkok my buddy suggested. Well let me just say the American bar experience has NOTHING on the Thai bar universe!! I received plenty of attention and ego stroking from the moment I walked in , beautiful young girls not only smiling and making eye contact with me but walking straight up and starting a conversation. Well as best they could with their limited english skills but we got along great! I consumed plenty of cheap great beer and talked with several girls and lets just say I had a great couple of nights!!
This was exactly what I needed and boosted my confidence levels, I felt renewed and wore a smile on my face 24/7!

When it came time meet my prospective brides we sat and talked at a pre arranged time and place. I hit it off with one gal and she agreed to take me around and be my personal tour guide. We saw a lot of amazing sights and she helped me out with buying souveniours without being ripped off. I tell ya being a westerner in Bangkok you get lots of attention from shop keeps! But anyway, we spent some quality time together she is sweet and innocent and has a 12 year old daughter living elsewhere with relatives. We didn't have a lot of time to get acquainted but we are keeping in touch and I plan on returning as soon as I get more vacation time! I'm optimistic about our future.

In conclusion I have to say never having traveled abroad before that women in Asia have a COMPLETELY different set of priorities than American gals. They are approachable , transparent, very easy on the eyes, do not play games - I am sold on the idea of marrying a Thai woman and only regret that I did not think of this 15 years ago!
Can you further explain what these values are, and how they are so different from those of American women?

I'm going to go on a limb and guess you don't like American women because, I don't know, they're "materialistic, superficial, gold-digging..."

You do realize why American/Western men are such a "catch" to those women, right? Because you're perceived as being affluent, wealthy. A chance for an easier life for them.

(This coming from a non-American woman).

Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Can you further explain what these values are, and how they are so different from those of American women?

I'm going to go on a limb and guess you don't like American women because, I don't know, they're "materialistic, superficial, gold-digging..."

You do realize why American/Western men are such a "catch" to those women, right? Because you're perceived as being affluent, wealthy. A chance for an easier life for them.

He doesn't like American women because American women won't give him the time of day. If he can help a needy woman out, tho, and possibly her child, that can be a good thing.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:37 AM

27 posts, read 64,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post

INteresting

Old 01-14-2012, 03:40 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post

This is pathetic.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,552,822 times
Oh please, do you really need to be explained that they welcome you because you're their passport to a better life? Because you have the money and means that the vast majority of Thai men don't, and so they won't mind if deep down they feel total physical repulsion because survival goes first?

Sigh...

Old 01-14-2012, 03:53 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,633 times
You DO understand that 'nice' Thai girls don't hang around in Bangkok bars right? What you experienced is the same thing as a foreign guy showing up at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada and then posting on the Internet of his home country how friendly and open American women are.

You have no idea how pathetic an older western man looks with the inevitably much younger Thai girl. The men always look like the cat who got the cream (actually syphilis in most cases ) and everyone else thinks he looks like a pathetic loser. We see SO many of these 'couples' every time we are in Bangkok.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:30 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,038 times
good luck.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:33 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,233,031 times
To each his on I guess. Not for me.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:38 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,286 times
This thread should be fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.