Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,282 times

Advertisements

What exactly are the things you feel that a woman should be responsible for in your home and why?

Is it just the cleaning and cooking? What about things like laundry, gardening and other things regarding the general upkeep of your home?

Do you feel that it is realistic for a woman in this day and age to be expected to do those things? What if the woman works as well? Does that have any bearing on your views?

Would you rather have your woman quit her job and stay at home to take care of the house if you had the choice and she had no say in the matter?

It seems that in quite a few threads that if a man suggests that a woman should keep a clean house and do the cooking that they are labelled as sexist, unrealistic pigs.

I for one ENJOY cooking and keeping my home clean.

Just interested in the guys opinions only please so ladies feel free to chime in but don't bash the men for their honest opinions please or this thread will go downhill faster than Jack and Jill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 06:43 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Woman's opinion here.

I could care less what any one couple decides is right. It's only important that they agree.

If a guy wants the 1950's view of a marriage, that is certainly his right. I'm sure there are women out there that want that too.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
What exactly are the things you feel that a woman should be responsible for in your home and why?

Is it just the cleaning and cooking? What about things like laundry, gardening and other things regarding the general upkeep of your home?

Do you feel that it is realistic for a woman in this day and age to be expected to do those things? What if the woman works as well? Does that have any bearing on your views?

Would you rather have your woman quit her job and stay at home to take care of the house if you had the choice and she had no say in the matter?

It seems that in quite a few threads that if a man suggests that a woman should keep a clean house and do the cooking that they are labelled as sexist, unrealistic pigs.

I for one ENJOY cooking and keeping my home clean.

Just interested in the guys opinions only please so ladies feel free to chime in but don't bash the men for their honest opinions please or this thread will go downhill faster than Jack and Jill!
I do all of that since I live alone. It helps that I clean up as I go along. And that I am a clean freak of sorts. And don't wear shoes in the house. Regarding cooking, I cook well enough so I don't care about her cooking skills (or lack of) either but she better like what I am making!

[so I have no expectations or requirements for what she should be doing or willing to do]

Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,407 times
I'm an equalitarian and I'm a woman

Old 01-14-2012, 06:50 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I do all of that since I live alone. It helps that I clean up as I go along. And that I am a clean freak of sorts.

[and don't wear shoes in the house]
But do you make your bed?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I don't!!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:55 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Personally I believe the responsibility lies with both people.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
No. My bed is very utilitarian. Just a pillow and a blanket and I almost don't need a blanket because I run the heater to 80*.

[hate the cold]

Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,222 times
woman here- I do everything inside he does outside, lawn and car maintenence, we each do our own laundry and we share cooking,gardening, dishes, and food shopping.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:03 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,210,172 times
My wife has had the luxury of not having to work. She does the bulk of the housework and is free to go shop, hang out with friends, etc. while I work.

She likes it this way and I think it's awesome. It works for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships